IGNORED

F1 (Formula 1) Racing Topic

GatorGolf

Boy I wish I knew what the hell you guys are talking about!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Good win for Max the other day. If only Perez's one pit stop hadn't had trouble with the one wheel, I'd have loved to see him push Bottas off the podium with a last-few-laps overtake. Bottas was losing a second or two PER LAP on a 65-second course!

Perez made up 20 seconds in like 15 laps.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Perez is driving REALLY well the last couple weeks, it's exciting to see two teams that both have two cars legitimately contending almost every week. Much better than 1 team that dominates and 1 car from a single team that might contend a couple times a season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2022%20F1%20Car%20Race%20Service%20-%20R

There’s a revolution coming in Formula 1 in 2022 and it’s shaped… well, much like the car you see in the image above. Here are the 10 key things you need to know about the game-changing 2022 car, a full-scale...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
original.jpg

I never gave much thought to the champagne-soaked world of Formula 1. Then I watched "Drive to Survive."

So it's George Russell now in for Bottas? I guess Mercedes is looking for someone younger to become the next Lewis Hamilton?  

Edited by Bucki1968
spelling

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

So it's George Russell now in for Bottas? I guess Mercedes is looking for someone younger to become the next Lewis Hamilton?  

Bottas to Alfa-Romeo. Albon to Williams.

4 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Lewis is 36 years old now, the 2nd oldest on the grid for next year after Kimi leaves behind only Fernando Alonso. There are certainly questions as to how much longer he intends to race beyond the end of his current contract, if he intends to race beyond that contract at all, so it's only natural to take your most promising talent and let them learn from one of the greatest of all time so they're ready to pick up the reins afterwards. 

I will admit that I selfishly hope to see fireworks within the team with George putting up a good fight against Lewis ala Nico Rosberg, but I know that's not the healthiest team environment and unlikely given George's past willingness to sacrifice his own results if it improves the overall team outcome.

• Administrator

Lewis is signed for two more years right?

Big week-end for McLaren. Would like to have seen Max and Lewis race till the end but no dice. Going to be interesting next race (Red Bull vs Mercedes). 

My bag:

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Big week-end for McLaren. Would like to have seen Max and Lewis race till the end but no dice. Going to be interesting next race (Red Bull vs Mercedes). 

Doubtful. Unless they both take their engine penalties together.

23 hours ago, iacas said:

Doubtful. Unless they both take their engine penalties together.

I believe Max just got a three point and three place grid penalty. That's really gonna hurt.

My bag:

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I believe Max just got a three point and three place grid penalty. That's really gonna hurt.

Three places. I don’t think they can penalize points, particularly when you didn’t win any.

Also that penalty was bullshit.

max-verstappen-lewis-hamilton-156143.jpg

After the crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton at the Italian GP, the stewards...

Yeah, Max could have taken the escape road.

Thing was, Hamilton was giving Max space until it was too late for Max to take the escape road. Then Hamilton suddenly closed the door.

The driver on the inside of a corner has the right to run all the way to the outside of the track on corner exit if they are still ahead by corner exit. This is why passing on the outside is so risky, because the driver on the inside is not required to leave you space on the outside of the track unless you (the passing car) are ahead. The problem here is that Lewis was no longer the car on the inside. In the second corner of the chicane he was the car on the outside, which always have to leave space on the inside of the corner for a passing vehicle that is substantially alongside.

You are allowed to squeeze somebody on the outside off the track at corner exit, provided they are not ahead of you. You are not allowed to squeeze somebody on the inside off the track at corner entry so long as they are significantly alongside you.

This is one of those instances where the rules are ambiguous, because the exit of one corner is also the entry of a second corner. The rules say Hamilton would be allowed to squeeze Verstappen off on the outside exiting turn 1, because Verstappen was not ahead, except Hamilton is not allowed to squeeze Verstappen on the inside for the entry of turn 2 because Verstappen is significantly alongside.

I would say if Hamilton had not left room from the start, he would be clearly in the right for this incident. He would have politely but firmly closed the door on Verstappen by squeezing to the outside before it became impossible to escape leading up to turn 2. The main issue here is that Hamilton left it open for Verstappen to be alongside, and only squeezed Verstappen as they were entering turn 2. This meant Verstappen committed to driving alongside on the inside line to turn 2, and had nowhere to escape when Hamilton turned in to squeeze Verstappen clearly on the entry to turn 2 rather than the exit of turn 1.

• Administrator

That's the way I saw it. He was alongside for turn 2.

But like most of F1 rulings, they almost seem to make it up as they go along.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

That's the way I saw it. He was alongside for turn 2.

But like most of F1 rulings, they almost seem to make it up as they go along.

Yes, Verstappen was alongside for turn 2 and he was on the inside. Per the rules, Hamilton was required to leave space on the inside for Verstappen. Any other interpretation is wildly inaccurate with regards to both the written rules and previous rulings that show you can squeeze a racer alongside off the outside of the track on corner exit, but you cannot squeeze a racer alongside off the inside of the track on corner entry.