IGNORED

Hole in One Stories!

Vinchenzio45
Note: This thread is 1803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never had a hole in one. I have come close a couple of times. Once was at a par 9 hole par three course in back to back to back holes no less.On the sixth I hit a wedge that stopped two inches short of the hole, on the seventh I hit another wedge that I pulled and it hit the side of a hill and went ninety degrees to the right hit the cup and did not go in and left me a left me a six inch putt for par, stupid ball. Mt friend looked at me and sail: man you don't get any respect out here do you." Stupid ball! :pound:

• 2 months later...

I played Lake Forest Golf Club (Ann Arbor, MI) on Friday.  It was cold (35 degrees), breezy and cloudy.  The course was saturated and I struggled with my swing.  The course played long without the aid of some bounce and roll on tee shots.

At any rate, I came to the 8th hole, a 125 yard par 3, after having carded triple, bogey, triple on the previous 3 holes.  8 over par at that point and going nowhere.  Finally a solid strike on the ball was made with my 9 iron.  The ball landed on the front edge and released a bit, rolling a bit behind the front hole position.  I was just happy to have hit a decent shot.  As I walked closer, I could not see my ball around the hole.  The odds of the ball having released and run off the back were small so the first placed I looked was the hole.  Bingo!

My struggles continued for the balance of the round and I shot 89 (70.8/129). At least I salvaged a little joy with my 3rd ace.

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Like 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/12/89  I was playing alone and started on the back 9 cause the front was busy. When I came to the first hole to play the front, Geno and Tommy joined me. We made it to the par 3 9th and as I tallied my score, a par would net me an 81. I hit a crisp 155yd 7 iron to the green over a pond. The green was eye level and as it passed the pin it appeared to disappear abruptly....no way...couldn't be...yup, in the hole. I had witnesses, broke 80 and there were only a handful of guys in the bar so it didn't cost me much!

• Like 1

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

My new, short version HIO story. 

I tee'd up, hit the ball, it went in the hole. I bought several beverages at the 19th hole. :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 1 year later...

When is a hole in one not a hole in one?

Let me tell you....

Today I played with friends at a big hole scramble.    We teed off on #8 a short 125 yard par 3.    A  severe thunderstorm watch was in effect and we were trying to get in as many holes as we could before the storm.   We we got to 17,  one dumb ass in front of us had grabbed the other's teams keys and threw them into the tall grass area (pot and alcohol were visible).    We decided to play thru.    We finished on #7 and the rain let up and the group behind us was at least two holes back.   We stopped on #8 again to play since we were finished.  It was the 19th hole of a 18 hole tournament.    From 125, I hit a 9 iron, two hops into the hole.   It would have been a skin, closest to the pin and worth some good money. But no...I did have 3 witnesses but alas, it didn't show up on the score card.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• iacas changed the title to Hole in One Stories!
7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

When is a hole in one not a hole in one?

Let me tell you....

Today I played with friends at a big hole scramble.    We teed off on #8 a short 125 yard par 3.    A  severe thunderstorm watch was in effect and we were trying to get in as many holes as we could before the storm.   We we got to 17,  one dumb ass in front of us had grabbed the other's teams keys and threw them into the tall grass area (pot and alcohol were visible).    We decided to play thru.    We finished on #7 and the rain let up and the group behind us was at least two holes back.   We stopped on #8 again to play since we were finished.  It was the 19th hole of a 18 hole tournament.    From 125, I hit a 9 iron, two hops into the hole.   It would have been a skin, closest to the pin and worth some good money. But no...I did have 3 witnesses but alas, it didn't show up on the score card.   

Well, damn!

Have you ever had one?  If not, I’d have finished the 9!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

33 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Well, damn!

Have you ever had one?  If not, I’d have finished the 9!

First ever but we were wet and tired after 6 hours!

Edited by dennyjones

Just now, dennyjones said:

First ever but we had already finished 18 holes and decided to play one additional hole.   

I get that, but if you’d have played 8 more holes, it would’ve counted as having occurred during a round.  :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I get that, but if you’d have played 8 more holes, it would’ve counted as having occurred during a round.  :-)

Ahhhh....I see now.   It would have been a long walk home!  

Note: This thread is 1803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!