IGNORED

Maps of How Americans Feel about the States

geauxforbroke
Note: This thread is 3836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jamo

Yeah, I don't find New Yorkers particularly rude either. It's a bit self-perpetuating at this point. People look for it more than they otherwise would.

It may be because NY and Boston are both fast talkers.  Others may perceive that as rudeness because it is too fast for them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Quote:

Yeah, I don't find New Yorkers particularly rude either. It's a bit self-perpetuating at this point. People look for it more than they otherwise would.

It may be because NY and Boston are both fast talkers.  Others may perceive that as rudeness because it is too fast for them.

Agreed. My wife and I went to NYC for our honeymoon, and I didn't find people to be rude. In fact, the only rude person we encountered was a cab driver that was in a bad mood because it was snowing pretty hard. Other than that, I thought the people were quite nice.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Agreed. My wife and I went to NYC for our honeymoon, and I didn't find people to be rude. In fact, the only rude person we encountered was a cab driver that was in a bad mood because it was snowing pretty hard. Other than that, I thought the people were quite nice.

Ive been to NYC quite a few times and never encountered that many rude people.  Life does move faster in NYC though and if youre someone from a small town who is used to a slower pace, I can see how it could come off as rudeness.

Its nowhere near what NYC's reputation is though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Apparently the food sucks in the Midwest.

It's not that the food sucks, just that you don't get anywhere near the variety that's found in some of the other areas.

I read a story once that commented on this.  It said that a lot of good things could be said about the people of the midwest.  Being adventurous in their culinary choices was not one of them.

Originally Posted by davedove

Quote:

Apparently the food sucks in the Midwest.

It's not that the food sucks, just that you don't get anywhere near the variety that's found in some of the other areas.

I read a story once that commented on this.  It said that a lot of good things could be said about the people of the midwest.  Being adventurous in their culinary choices was not one of them.

Yeah. I don't think the food in the midwest is bad , I just don't think it's anything to write home about. And I have noticed that food in the midwest tends to have too little salt for my taste. Even food with great flavor and no salt won't taste all that great.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by davedove

Also, don't forget that the question is simply "Which state has the BEST food?"  The fact that certain states got zero votes means absolutely nothing about their food - other than the voter doesn't think its quite as good as the state they did choose.  It's perfectly feasible (even if it's not remotely likely) for one of the states with zero votes to be the second favorite food state of all 1600 voters. ;)

That is why the poll can seemingly contradict itself.  People didn't rank the "Best sports fans," but instead were asked two separate stand-alone questions about best and worst.  A plurality, but obviously not a majority, of the respondents chose New York as the best, which left ample room for them to also be chosen the worst. ;)

That's also why California is clearly so awesome, yet apparently over-rated at the same time. ;)

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I would be dead if I drank that much hard liquor.  I had nine shots of Jim Beam once.  Once was enough.

That's what I was thinking.

I can't drink beer anymore due to allergies, so I drink whiskey on the rocks. I end up with, at most, 5 or 6 watered down with the ice, but a fifth would kill me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah. I don't think the food in the midwest is bad, I just don't think it's anything to write home about. And I have noticed that food in the midwest tends to have too little salt for my taste. Even food with great flavor and no salt won't taste all that great.

The best steaks I have ever had are in the mid-west from Chicago down to Texas. The best BBQ is hard for me to choose: Louisiana, Tennessee or Texas. All are just too good.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

Yeah. I don't think the food in the midwest is bad, I just don't think it's anything to write home about. And I have noticed that food in the midwest tends to have too little salt for my taste. Even food with great flavor and no salt won't taste all that great.

The best steaks I have ever had are in the mid-west from Chicago down to Texas. The best BBQ is hard for me to choose: Louisiana, Tennessee or Texas. All are just too good.

My favorite steak: Peter Luger in Brooklyn.

Favorite BBQ: Toss-up between The Joint in New Orleans and Rendezvous in Memphis. But really, there are so many different BBQ styles, it's hard to argue where the best BBQ comes from.

Tyler Martin

Best steak I've ever had us a tie between Moishe's in Montreal and a Don Shula's (spelling?) in Orlando. I'm leaning towards Moishe's because there's only one.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Was this missing on the survey?

Which state has the best Mexican Food?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

That must be Baja CA .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I guess since 99.9% of Americans that aren't of Mexican descent have no clue what Mexican food actually is, they didn't bother.

Tyler Martin

It's a 50-way tie, since every state has a Taco Bell.  Am I right, or am I right, or am I right?

Taco Hell, that is funny as hell, I just spit up my drink. LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Taco Hell, that is funny as hell, I just spit up my drink. LOL

That was the goal!

For the record, I do not think that Taco Bell is good mexican food, so nobody freak out.

Del Taco is where it's at!!!!

For the record, I do not think that Taco Bell is edible food, so nobody freak out.

Fixed that for you.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Fixed that for you.

LOL!

All I know is that when I'm in the Northeast, if I see a place claiming to have "Mexican Food" I steer clear!  You guys stick to your deli, and your Italian, and your chinese, and about a billion other delicious types of food ... but leave the Mexican to us in the southwest.

Note: This thread is 3836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!