IGNORED

My Swing (RandallT)

RandallT
Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, RandallT said:

It wasn't until I started doing Evolvr lessons that I truly learned about my swing. Having someone guide me through is invaluable for me, and even though no one video lesson is the "aha, I've got it" thing, it's the summary of them all and the hard work doing the lessons that make me far more aware than I've ever been. 

I sounds to me like you've accepted a level of commitment to the program and it's starting to pay dividends. That seems to be the right way to go about it. Either you are all in or there's almost no reason to do it.

2 hours ago, RandallT said:

Regarding the permanence of fixes, I've come to just live with a certain amount regression, but not get too frustrated. I work one thing at a time, and accept that other things may slip. Because of the entirety of the lessons, I think I get more familiar with where I "leak" back to my natural state (which wasn't good), so it gets easier each time to spot.

This really answered my question. I'm not sure how to go about applying.

I was happy to have made some positive changes this past off-season, but that's not good enough. My intention isn't to make temporary changes, it's to permanently change my natural swing (if that makes sense).

One thing about the difficulty I've experienced - it's given me the knowledge that nothing is going to change overnight and to be a bit more patient. Instead of hoping to fix something in a couple practice sessions, I'm honestly now thinking in terms of years.

Thanks for the information Randy, and nice work on the swing!

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/28/2017 at 11:35 AM, RandallT said:

Hey, @Fairway_CY - this is an example of practice that is fun. What I was trying to express in your thread on your lack of patience with practicing.  It has been a bit tedious (and slow, particular with an injury), but fun when you see glimpses of successful results. Experts (evolvr/Erik/Mike/etc) have pointed me to fix the things above, and it's been slow, but rewarding to make a little bit of progress. Next, it's on to faster swings and then take it to the course. Plus all the inevitable corrections that come next. Who knows, maybe I'm taking a step back on something else while I'm doing this, but I've learned that it's easier to go back and fix something that you've fixed before than it is to start fresh on a new priority. Just wanted to give you a hard time! :-P

No doubt, man!  I'm not a patient person.  People ask me why I don't play poker at the club and the answer is because of my lack of patience.  My wife always says if she could change something in me, she'd either choose to make me more patient or less competitive.  

I think she'd elect to make me less competitive, personally... but, I know I lack patience, for sure!  

I even struggled to not fast forward your video to finally see you take a swing, so... yeah.  The good thing is that the pro at our club works with guys like me all the time.  He's told me that he already has a few things he'd like to see me work on, but he won't say anything until after my final tournament because he knows I don't want to go into it with any 'stray' thoughts bouncing around my skull.  

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!