IGNORED

Why "Better Player's" Game Improvement Irons?

Note: This thread is 2699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I still see many scratch golfers and single didget handicappers like myself playing so called game improvement irons. To me its all about feel and Ill probably never ditch my Adams 1208 irons. Just love how they feel through impact. I just like cavity back irons and see no need to break the bank on blades that vibrate unless you hit the dime sized sweet spot every time.

I still see many scratch golfers and single didget handicappers like myself playing so called game improvement irons. To me its all about feel and Ill probably never ditch my Adams 1208 irons. Just love how they feel through impact. I just like cavity back irons and see no need to break the bank on blades that vibrate unless you hit the dime sized sweet spot every time.

I don't think most of the posts here are talking about blades. Players clubs are a lot of times still cavity backs, like Mizuno MP52s, 57s, or 58s, and the Titleist AP2s.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Micah

Reread the first post which is the main topic.

I guess my point was there's not really any reason to bring up the blades, as we agree that cavity backs are a good blend of looks and function.  Nobody here is saying blades are better.

I'm thinking of switching from g15's to i20's or something like that. I like the smaller club face mainly. I feel like my ball striking is much improved and its time. Ill probably wait until next year but I'm going to make the change if I can afford it. If anyone has made a similar change I'd love to hear what they think.

Note: This thread is 2699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!