• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
TJBam

Johnny Football - the unsportmanlike that wasn't called on him against Rice

TJBam    53

http://sicollegefootball.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sly3.gif?w=600&h;=450

Mr. Desmond    371
haha saw this yesterday, this kid is a tool

A tool that any team would want as its quarterback

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Andrew H    0

He has talent, but if it were any other player with the autograph situation they more than likely be out for half the season. And the media is not helping hyping him up

Mr. Desmond    371

He has talent, but if it were any other player with the autograph situation they more than likely be out for half the season. And the media is not helping hyping him up

Problem is they did not have proof of him taking money.

And you're correct, ESPN wanted him to play this season... :whistle:

saevel25    1,073

He's gifted i give him that. But he doesn't have the arm strength for the next level. I think he's a tremendous College QB, but he's not all that. I could care less if he parties, more power to him, but RESPECT the GAME.. I wouldn't be shocked if he took a few late hits this year, or the ref's throwing a few extra unsportsman penalties on him.

boogielicious    1,159
Mr. Desmond    371

^^

Exactly.

Johnny is fast and talented, but only one year - a sophomore on the field.

Let's give the guy a football break before we pronounce him the "next coming" or the next "Tebow."

Like a lot of players, the guy works hard on the game and has maturity problems.

Let's see where he is at the end of the year and chart the progress.

The team will probably not do as well this year, as it is a young team, so let's look at his arm and how he develops in maturity.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I started my son playing golf when he was 4 yrs old. Now he's 14 and 5'10. He's play'd in a youth program, local youth tournaments, and summer camps up till 2 years ago. He had been playing club travel basketball for the past 2 years. He wanted to start playing again, but he'd grown out of his junior clubs. So I bought him a used set of Callaway X-18 iron and some Callaway woods. We started going to the range a couple of weeks ago. He's had one lesson with his long time youth golf coach. He's hitting a nice draw, but just raw potential. We played a twilight round yesterday, and he surprised me. He realized all the sudden how much power he has with a driver in his hands. He started slicing his drives but keeping them in play. He even out drove me on a few holes. He was hitting greens, but his putting was all over the place. We came to a 170 yd par 3 that's over a deep ravine. He walks up to the tee, drops his ball and hits and 8 iron. He hit it pin high 10' right of the pin. I hit 7 iron short of the green, and bogied the hole. He par it:)  It's so much funner for both of us playing golf together vs. watching him play basketball and me yelling at him. 
    • No one has ever said golf was fair. Golf is the most frustrating sport I have ever played. But isn't that what makes us come back? 
    •   I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years seriously
      My current handicap index or average score is: 37
      My typical ball flight is: right to left or a heavy hook
      The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Anything with a hybrid I am trying to copy Moe Norman's swing within reason.  I have a lot of physical limitations in the area of coordination, balance and flexibility.  My hands shake in a fairly small way, but still 24-7.  The reason I have chosen the Moe swing is because based on everything I have read, watched and studied the swing appears to have less moving parts and is based around what would appear to be good biomechanics.  I have with an Instructor from the Graves Golf Academy who I have worked with and have several of their DVD's and training aids.  I now just need to put the pieces together.     I also use a Biomech Acculock Putter  in order to control my hand shakes on the green.  I am hoping to use both these tools to make my game both more repeatable and more consistent.   My stats are available here: https://www.gamegolf.com/player/wpgstriker I will try and post a video tomorrow and other videos as I go through the learning process for this swing.  I understand that many people don't care for Moe's swing and that's fine, but that is the one I am going for. For at least the next 12 months I am committing to it.  If you want to join me on this journey please be welcome.  If you have questions about the swing or Moe please throw them at me.  I would love to discuss.     Videos:   
    • The fickle winds of fate. F**k you leaf.  
    • I'm 6'7. Walking into a golf shop, looking at all those nice new irons and knowing that you'll never be able to play most of them really sucks. You can only look at the best forged irons. So Mitzuno blades (which I have), or a muscle back modified blade. That's it! 6 degrees upright puts tall guys in no mans land. Super upright swing too. Hitting a draw is pretty hard. High fade is my shot. I've got over 35 years of dealing with it. I would say long heavy arms don't help anything. Let's not even get into size 15 shoe designs on the clearance rack:)  I can hit long balls, but it's always been awkward to hit my short irons a solid distance. I tend to play a 3/4 swing for accuracy. Hit my head on the roof of the golf carts all the time.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. StevenR84
      StevenR84
      (33 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon