IGNORED

Best clothing make?

Note: This thread is 4532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the pants I wear a very nice pair of lighweight microfiber Izod golf pants. They are very light and breathe well... so when the temperature rises they are actually not an issue. I wore them three days ago when it was 96 degrees...

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I picked up two styles of golf shirt on sale at JC Penny's a few months ago: Dockers golf and PGA Tour branded. They're both cut long so you can leave them tucked in but still pulled out enough to swing comfortably. The PGA Tour brand shrunk like crazy (yes I followed the washing instructions) but the Dockers were fine.

I too bought a lot of the PGA Tour shirts and none shrunk on me. Oh yeh, the first one that my wife stuck in the dryer but she never did that again and they are all in great shape still.

I also enjoy wearing Cutter & Buck collared and mock neck shirts. They're really light and comfortable, although nothing helps me sweat less

What's in my bag
Driver: Callaway FT- I 9 degree Tour Stiff Fujikura Speeder Shaft
3 Wood: King Cobra LD F-Speed 15 degree Stiff flex
Hybrids: Nickent 4 (23 degree) & 5 (26 degree)
Irons: Callaway X-20's (PW thru 6) Uniflex shaftGap Wedge: Cleveland Tour Action 52 Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG 10 56 degrees

Just about every golf shirt I wear to the course is Adidas Clima Cool. They are the greatest. I also have a few Ashworth Weather System shirts and one or 2 Nike shirts.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

Just about every golf shirt I wear to the course is Adidas Clima Cool. They are the greatest. I also have a few Ashworth Weather System shirts and one or 2 Nike shirts.

The only Adidas ClimaCool shirt that I think looks good, is the one Justin Rose has worn a few times, the orange and white one. The rest I'm not particually attracted to.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

i lucked out, my office just bought new shirts and they are a really light breathable polo made kind of like a climacool or dri fit. i have 6 of them in all kinds of colors so i just wear one of them everytime i play now.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

• 2 weeks later...

I play in humid, hot Virginia and I sweat a ton. I exclusively wear moisture-wicking fabrics on the course and prefer a sharp look, but never golf in long pants if I can help it. One reader nailed it, though: these shirts don't prevent sweating. They wick it away from skin and don't hold it in so the shirt stays lightweight, drier, and more breathable. It is amazing.

By far, the best wicking action for shirts is by Foot-Joy. Its the first shirt I have gone back and picked up in other colors just because it worked so well.

I have several of Nike's versions, including a waffle knit that is actually stiff til you get a good sweat going then its great; and a rubbery feeling one that clings a bit more than I like.

I also have an Ashworth AWS that seems to be wearing fast but wont quit on me, and a Russell Dri-Fit that's great. Finally, I enjoy the Cool-Max shirt I just bought from Harbour Town (Oxford Golf brand) buts its not cut as generously as the Foot Joy.

I also own a Greg Norman Play Dry polo that's six years old and fantastic, and another that must have erroneously been cut from a boy's last because it fits closer than my chest hair.

I don't wear Adidas, so can't comment, and don't have an Under Armour yet, though I am actively seeking the right one.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

I like the tighter fitting polo shirts as well with some nice khaki or white shorts. I hate when the sleeves are too long because I just have to keep pulling them up before every shot. I wish JL and that Sub Seventy stuff wasn't so expensive or that is all I would wear for sure.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I'm currently into JL stuff, mainly the trousers made from H2 0FF branded material. They are stylish, comfortable and water proof. Also even in white they dont get too dirty.

I just discovered www.subseventy.com and I've ordered some bespoke trousers, shirts and belts to match. At least I look like a golfer, pity I can't buy a swing to match my dress!

Other than that I'll wear Lacoste, Nike, Adidas polo shirts or mock turtle necks, which I actually prefer.

I wear JL puma golf shoes in black and white!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

I wear IZOD shirts or Adidas shirts. And just a belt and bermuda shorts. I really like IZOD and Adidas.

I got the Adidas Powerband shoes the other day. They're pretty sweet

Whats in my bag?

Driver:R7 425 TP 9.5*
Woods:R7 Ti Fairway Woods (3 & 5)
Irons: RAC MB TP Forged Blades (3-PW)Wedges: Forged Wedges 56* and 60*Putter: Studio Style PutterBalls: ONE BlackWhat I WearGlove: ReactShoes: Adidas Powerband"You've gotta want it. You've gotta want it more than everybody...

I really like the Dunning Golf wear. It was interesting seeing Zach wearing the same shirt I have at the master's......wish I had his game to go with it!
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Bobby Jones or Cutter & Buck polo shirts, Polo khakis, and Footjoy "dryjoy" shoes.

907D2 10.5*
F60 15*
Rapture 18, 21 hybrids
S58 5-PW
Tour 52, 56, 60 degree wedges Newport 2.5 TP Black Edge bag

• 4 years later...

To wear a polo that is not Ralph Lauren is a crime.... :p

• Upvote 1

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Because i live in Wales, UK its either cold or raining so i usually wear Calvin Klien fleece pullovers or my Galvin Green Jacket or thermo pullovers. Polo shirt wise i have some JL polos that are really good and some nice Glenmuir ones. For trousers its usually formal suit trousers in grey/black or my chino trousers or of course my wet weather Galvin's (it's those most of the time to be fair unfortunatly).

909 D2 10.5º S-Flex   RBZ 3W 15º S-Flex

909h 19º S-Flex

G15 (4-6) i15 (7-PW) Project X Rifle 5.5  52º, 56º & 58º

California Del Mar 34"     Pro-V1

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic"

Kind of a mix for me currently:

- Nike Lunar Control shoes. Stable, waterpoof, VERY comfortable and look great.

- Glennmuir base layers. Keeps me warm when it's cold, wicks moisture away when it's hot, is a soft and stretchy material and comfy.

- Under Armour boxer layer. Stretchy and comfy.

- Footjoy socks. Love the padded underneath and heel/toe section of these. Very comfy!

- Adidas or Bunker Mentality trousers. Adidas trousers are ideal for summer as they're light and airy but look great. BM trousers are good for colder days as they're a little thicker. Also have a shower-resistant pair of the BM trousers for days when waterproofs aren't needed but there's a risk of showers.

- Various brands of golf polo. Nike, Adidas, BM, hell even Tesco do some excellent golf polos nowadays!

- Bunker Mentality jumpers. I have other jumpers but none of them are as soft, warm or comfy playing golf so I stick to these on days I need even more layers.

- Bunker Mentality wind jacket when needed. Looks great, is nice and warm and does an excellent job of keeping the wind out of the sleeves which is a bugbear of mine.

- Shubert waterproofs when needed. Budget waterproofs but they do the job. Will see how well they fair over the winter as to whether I'll need to invest in a more expensive set. ;)

- Ping cap or Bunker Mentality cap. A cap is a cap is a cap. The only thing I don't like to do is wear a cap with branding other than gear I play. Cobra cap with no cobra clubs is just bizarre.

- Ray-Ban 8305 Carbon Lite shades. Not bought specifically for golf but they're so light weight and wrap far enough around to keep the sun out. Love them!

What would I change?

- Try out other sock brands. Only use Footjoy because I tried them once and loved them.

- Find other jumper brands that are as good quality as BM.

- Possibly look at better waterproofs if needed. This winter will be the test.

- Find somewhere in the UK that does the Tifosi Pavé or Roubaix models to try on. A lot of UK suppliers seem to lack the three lense option that the US has. :(

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Lands' End.  Its soft, comfortable and not overpriced like most, "golf" clothing is.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I've got a mix of brands that I wear... Golf Shirts I have Nike and Under Armor. Typically wicking material types. Standard three button collared. I like some of the Adidas shirts I've seen, but haven't bought any as of yet. For windy and cold days I have two compression long sleeve Under Armor shirts... One white and one black. I'll layer and go with a golf polo over-top. I also have a few Nike outerwear jackets... My favorite isn't even a 'golf' jacket. It's Nike 6.0 brand for bike/skaters/skiers. But it is really well fitted and has nice pockets in and out. Pure black in color and looks like it should be in a winter/fall golf line. (see my swing video as I'm wearing it). For shorts, I have Nike golf shorts in various colors. But my favorite pair is from Dunning, as they are perfectly fit and length. The Nike shorts aren't as long and rise up more when riding in a golf cart. So I'm going to get more Dunning shorts in the future. As for golf pants, this is where my wardrobe needs some help. I wear Bannana Republic khakis. I have been looking at golf pants and probably going to buy some of the Oakley golf pants. They look great on Keagan and Rory. So I've been looking at them online. And at $75, they are reasonably priced. For shoes, I just bought a pair of the Adidas TOUR360 ATV's (black with white stripes). They are amazing golf shoes. I also rock a pair of the Ecco streets that Couples made popular in black and red. The Ecco's are more of a casual looking golf shoe. Hats I wear an Under Armor and Titelist hat in the current rotation. Both are black. I typically wear white or black hats. For sunglasses I have Under Amor. But I find myself wearing my Dolce and Gabbanas just as often as they are better fitting. One thing I told my wife to get me for Christmas was a Nike Storm N-Destruk rain outfit. It's pricey, but will keep me warm and dry in all the elements!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!