IGNORED

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

RFKFREAK

After yesterday's great lesson from @iacas I went to the range today got some balls.

First ten balls, went to the top, paused, straightened my trail arm while bringing my hand to my back pocket, paused, then completed the swing.

Took this video blending it all in at a slow speed, felt like 40%.

A few pushes, pull draws, and straight drawers, got my first push draw and it felt really good.  Didn't change the plan, and kept the same thought.  Didn't really work on rolling my lead arm down because I don't feel too confident yet with my initial piece.  Anyway here's the vid I took after that set of 10.

Did the next 10 mostly good contact and good ball fight but still a work in progress so will continue.

Final few balls tried at 80% speed but topped the ball and tried with driver flour times, made contact with the most upper right of the face, then a bit better on the second and third and on the fourth I hit a towering straight/push draw that hit the top center of the face.  That felt good to finish on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Those are nice.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Continuing on with same piece.  Lots of ground balls but where I was hitting from on the range was a bit downhill and uneven so not sure if that contributed.  Although it didn't feel like I advanced with this practice session, I know getting reps in did help.

Decided with the last few balls to try and see what would happen at full speed with 6i and then driver so I can see if it's anything playable yet.

With 6I, massive pull hooks/draws.  With Driver, hit extreme top toe of the club face.  Suffice to say, not playable yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

• Administrator

It looks like it's off the toe, but your camera skipped those frames. You'll learn to extend your arms a bit more; you're used to pulling them inward.

Keep them a bit more extended at the top - they're quite narrow. But otherwise, what we worked on is better.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

Was dealing with stuff at home and then got sick so haven't been able to practice the last two weeks but thought I'd share a swing from yesterday's outing.  This is the 18th hole:

• Thumbs Up 2

Christian

• Administrator

That's an improvement. Camera position will make it look better than it is based on the foot alignment, but it's still better.