IGNORED

Straits Irish Course

cipher
Note: This thread is 3247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@cipher and @jakester , whenever you guys are ready to come up north and play Big Fish, let me know.  A Pete Dye design.

http://golfbigfish.com/

I have actually not played there, and it looks relatively inexpensive.  Should easily offset the cost of your gas to get up here.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@cipher and @jakester , whenever you guys are ready to come up north and play Big Fish, let me know.  A Pete Dye design.

I have actually not played there, and it looks relatively inexpensive.  Should easily offset the cost of your gas to get up here.

Let's do it!  That looks like a fun course!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

@cipher and @jakester , whenever you guys are ready to come up north and play Big Fish, let me know.  A Pete Dye design.

Hayward is about an hour away from me.  I wish it was closer.  I was just looking on their website, and they have a twilight membership for only $300!!  I could play a lot more golf for that.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

That course looks awesome! Too bad it's 6.0 hours away from me! That would mean I would have to be leave Thursday morning, play 18 holes at Lawsonia, then drive up there, sleep, play Big Fish on Friday, then leave after golf, stay over night somewhere and play Northern Bay on Saturday then drive to the Dells on Sunday morning, play Wild Rock then head back home after.......

That course looks awesome! Too bad it's 6.0 hours away from me! That would mean I would have to be leave Thursday morning, play 18 holes at Lawsonia, then drive up there, sleep, play Big Fish on Friday, then leave after golf, stay over night somewhere and play Northern Bay on Saturday then drive to the Dells on Sunday morning, play Wild Rock then head back home after.......

Thats like 5 and a half for me as well. Thats a little far for 18 holes.

Ok then....It looks like just me and @cipher ...... :-P

-Matt-

Ok then....It looks like just me and @cipher ......

What a bunch of wimps. ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

What a bunch of wimps.

Thats like 12 hours of driving for 3 hours of golf F that.  Why don't we see if Sentry World is open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Ok then....It looks like just me and @cipher ......

What a bunch of wimps.

No doubt.  I thought these guys were sconnies???

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

What a bunch of wimps.

Thats like 12 hours of driving for 3 hours of golf F that.  Why don't we see if Sentry World is open.

But...but... Big Fish is a Pete Dye course....

-Matt-

Who's pete dye?

I am just going to pretend I did not read this my friend.

Nate

I am just going to pretend I did not read this my friend.

Seriously was he a basketball player at UW?

Seriously was he a basketball player at UW?

I stil think you are joking...but...

Paul B. "Pete" Dye (born December 29, 1925) is a golf course designer

Wisconsin

Another one you may have heard of:

TPC at Sawgrass (Stadium Course) – Ponte Vedra Beach [17]

Nate

I know who he is I'm just being a dick(or Jake as my wife would say ha). Ive never played any of his courses though I would like to.

I know who he is I'm just being a dick(or Jake as my wife would say ha). Ive never played any of his courses though I would like to.

:-D

I did not realize Blackwolf Run was his design.  I have heard that is pretty tough.

Nate

If you guys are serious about going let me know I might go if I can afford it that course does look sweet.

If you guys are serious about going let me know I might go if I can afford it that course does look sweet.

Maybe next year or something. I can cover the gas.

Nate

Note: This thread is 3247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!