IGNORED

How many of you use GPS on the course?

Note: This thread is 3774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whistler Golf Digest GLF-125, works well enough, hasn't really led me astray yet. It was only like 35 dollars and I got 5 courses free, I only ever really play  2 different places but have used it on 3.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I use a Bushnell NEO-X watch mainly but I also use Golfpad on my phone to give me layouts of first time played courses.

Driver:  Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5

Wood:  Callway RAZR Fit Xtreme 3 Wood

Hybrid:  Callaway XHot 3 Hybrid 19°

Irons:  Adamsgolf CB2 4-P

Wedges: Acer XB 50,54,58

Putter:  Cleveland Classic 10

Ball:  Callaway Hex Hot Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Garmin Approach G5 (the earlier model of the G6), and it's the best I've seen.  I've used two different lasers and 2 different GPS receivers, and been with guys who used just about everything out there, and I prefer mine to anything I've seen.  Fast, accurate, 30,000 course data base and no subscriptions, great features.

Some don't like it because it uses two AA batteries instead of recharging, but I bought it because it doesn't need a charger.  With a charger, I either have a dead unit in my bag because I forgot to charge it, or I have a fully charged unit still plugged in at home when I get to the course.  With AA lithium batteries, I keep 4 fresh ones in the bag, and I get about 7 rounds per pair, so that's not much of a cost to always have the unit ready to go.  If I do forget to put new batteries in the bag, I can pick them up anywhere.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Been using the Bushnell Neo for 6 months now and i like it. Don't wear it on my wrist though. Either i strap it onto my push cart handle or i hang it off my bag if i'm in a cart. Going to try starting to wear it on my right hand to see if that works. Its the watch/glove thing that bothers me with my left hand. Btu overall the GPS is nice. Front, MId and back of greens and hazards is about 90% of what i need to get through a course. A rare blind landing area on a course you never played before and the watch is pretty much useless.

Regards,

I picked up a Garmin G3 at the beginning of 2013 for a bit under $150.  It is accurate enough for my game (+ or - 2 yards), easy to use and there are no additional costs after purchase.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf Buddy clipped onto my visor.

Just hit the button and she tells me the yardage to the front, center or back of the green.

No need to read anything. Just listen.

$120.00 on Amazon and every course is available.

'Golfshot GPS' app best £20 I spent on golf. Great picture quality, no subscription and I can track my scores. I'm wondering though about getting a range finder, would be useful for the range as well as course, plus I think some of the give elevation??

Note: This thread is 3774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!