IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

That's pretty funny.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

For years I was around 210-220. Lessons this year moved me closer to the ball, not only straighter but longer and more in play. Started year around 230, new R7 in last 3 weeks and both on course and at range hitting 240+. Still need short game work!

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

Definitely between 261-285. Although on one of my home courses, I need it for a 248 yard par 3, but have also driven a 301 yard par 4.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

heres what you should think about the long drives...
what is the guys hcp. or his scores. if you can hit it straight for between 180/220yds then you can play this game ok. I bet I could play a whole match and only carry a 5 iron and lower and still score in the 80s if not better. so many guys I know are so fixated on going long and they can't chip or putt for crap, or even keep it in the fairway 1/2 the time and god knows they have no ideal how to work the ball right/lert...this game of golf is simple, hit it down the middle, put it on green and make 2 putts...
in this forum you can say what you want, and I know there are long hitters out there, but for the most part when I play with others I see for the most part about 200/240 which is great, and 1 out of 10 might go long but of those only 2 out of 10 have been able to score...
great topic....
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

heres what you should think about the long drives...

180/220 in the fairway is great if you are playing 5700yd courses. I dont care how good your short game is, if you are playing a 7400yd course you arent going to score well without some length off the tee. Depending on the course you are playing, sometimes it is better to be long and off the fairway than short and in the fairway. But overall, I would have to agree with the point you were trying to make.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

180/220 in the fairway is great if you are playing 5700yd courses. I dont care how good your short game is, if you are playing a 7400yd course you arent going to score well without some length off the tee. Depending on the course you are playing, sometimes it is better to be long and off the fairway than short and in the fairway. But overall, I would have to agree with the point you were trying to make.

you make a good point on 7400yd courses and I know that your going loose strokes to guys who are longer. but my point was for the guys who are more like 14 and above hcp that its better to be straight and play a good shot than to be left will a poor shot to the green through trees or from a bad lie that is going to possibly add just more strokes to your game.

having good lies and good flight towards the hole will only allow you to make a better shots and have a chance at par... and the guy I play with is really long like 300+. he is using a 9ir to the greens while I'm using a 7ir thats about the difference.
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

About 20 years ago my Uncle took me and my buddy to our local course. My Buddy and I both shot around 95-105 every round that year. Course was about 6800 yrds/par 72. Located in VT. My Uncle was a single digit hcp. He suggested the 3 of use play a round with 7 iron and putter. My Uncle shot 80, my buddy shot a 97 and I shot a 94. I learned that day to play the conservative shot, % are in my favor for a better outcome.

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

My drives tend to drop between the 200 and 250 yd markers at the range, when hitting from the mats, so I guess 225yd carry. With thick grass and some upslope, the roll is limited.

I always wonder how accurate the markers are, and how much the range balls influence the distance. I figure 10% as a reasonable guess.

On the course, I have hit solid straight drives that went 290-300 with roll, but those are 1 in 10 at best. Sure feels good to hit one though, and I always remember them as feeling almost effortless. And it's really fun to have a 120yd 9-iron or 100yd PW straight into the green.

Working on letting my hands/arms "drop" from the top, rather than hitting hard from the top, has increased my distance, because the club reaches maximum speed closer to impact, rather than early on. Also seems to reduce the % of bad shots, due to less tension and "hit-it" instinct.

As for bad shots, hooks and slices that go 150-200yds, 20-40 yards left or right. OB on any kind of challenging course, particularly the links style we have in Colorado with either wetlands or high-dry grasses scattered everywhere.

For me the range ball compression is offset by being on a range versus the course, depends on the range balls though - decent Top Flite range go just as far as I can hit Taylor Made TP or V1x's, one range I go to uses terrible balls though, I can barely drive them 190. The markers seem more than good enough for my level of consistency :)

In My Bag:
Driver: isi-T 11.5
3-Wood: X-Hot 15
Irons: isi-K 3 - SW2 + LW
Putter: Anser 2i

I probably average of the tee 280-285 carry. The fact is probably 90 percent of golfers don't hit the ball as far as they think. It is very rare I play with someone that hits it longer then me. NOt trying to come off wrong but the fact is people hit it shorter then they think. My buddy and me are always right next to each other and are both left handed and scratch golfers. He had the sky caddie one day and his average drive was 301 for the day. I just started playing again about 6 months ago after taking 5 years off. I do notice the equipment has made the ball go much farther then 10 years ago. I think they need to make sure the limit is near. JMO

Driver: Taylor Made R7 SuperQuad TP X stiff
3 wood: Taylor Made Vsteel proforce X stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made 19* TP Project X 6.5
4-AW: Taylor Made R7TP Project X 6.5
Wedges: 56,60 Taylor Made TP y cutterPutter: Taylor Made Rosa

I always think this is a tough question..
1) you can't judge by the range or the simulators
2) I don't know many people that consistantly kill it...alhtough I have 1 buddy who could play on tour Legit! And is a long driver who I know hit his 3wood over 3 hundred when he lets loose and has hit the ball over 350 with his driver. The guy is my idol!

Anyways, I am getting used to my new driver but have hit the ball over 300 on 1 or 2 occasions, ie: 18th hole 440yds I had 125 to the green where I proceeded to turn an eagle putt from the fringe into a MF'n bogie! WTF..

but I would say I average 260-280 but can hit a bomb and I can hit a 200yd PoS!

SiD

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I agree. This is a tough on for me too. My last round I hit a couple over 300 but it was a windy day, and was hitting it good, so my good drive into the wind went like 262. There's a hole at my home course where it's a 255carry over a bunker, usually into a little wind, and I manage to carry it every time. Once with a 3+ wood. I voted myself into the 261-285 category because I don't hit every drive solid, but when I do it's usually 270-295 . W/ heavy wind maybe 240-320. Once I hit the ball 390 in Mesquite (had eight iron to a 560 yd par 5!). I was at a driving range last week and I used one of those extra long rubber tees and on average carried it really high to or over the 250 green into about 7 mph wind. At my home driving range the fence is 260 and my solid strikes could hit it and occasionally carry over it. But, given that I don't hit every drive solid on the course, and some land into the rough, I'd have to say around 270 yds.

Hi Guys,

In the summer when the balls are warm i hit my driver around the 280 yrds i always hit a little fade. occasionly i hit a 300+ be best is about 325. when i hit one of those the ball comes of the club face bullet straight and a lot lower than normal. i use a KING Cobra f speed 9.0 with a stiff shaft. even though its 9.0' i hit it really high. when i hit my 300+ drives i imust get my swing spot on. I used to swing steep now that i have flatend my swing out im always leaving the club face open and its getting to me cos my fade has turned into a slice now i cant hit my drive with confidence any more. i went to a pro he told me to try and keep the club face pointing down a little(when staring backswing) to try and counter act it fanning open. Im stilll struggling to hit a consistent drive, as its that time of year where im from where the rough gets super sticky and the putts are more troublesome i dont need the easier part of my game going downhill .hope you understand my problem any suggestions welcome

thankyou

Driver
3wood
Hybrid
Irons
Wedge Putter Ball

This has been a summer of improvement and I'm hitting the ball as far as I ever had. I would say I average around 250. I had two drives last week go 300 but they are far from norm. My goal is to have a controlled 250ish average. This puts me at <150 for most Par 4's.

Just a thought, I know some high handicappers who can bomb it. My teenish handicap comes problems with chipping and putting, not driving. I agree that high handicappers, like myself, can improve their score the most by working on their short game.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Are you kidding? Everyone can improve their short game. I'm always chipping it too far because I have 4 wedges and never know which one to use. And it's not just the high handicappers who don't have a short game. I can only shoot low if I hit like fifteen greens, because less than 50% I get up and down. And from 40-70 yards I'm a hacker. I always have to lay up to at least 90 yards so I have a full swing to the hole, otherwise I'm screwed. Today I shanked it from sixty yards, then chunked it from forty, and then failed to get up and down, so I made a 7 on a par 5, when it probably should have been 4. Fortunately, my putting saved me from shooting like 84.

Usually my average drive is anywhere from 290-315 yards.

Wow impressive Ever hear Brad Paisleys song "Online"? Reminds me quite a bit of these average drive yardage topics.

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!