IGNORED

Mechanix Gloves

Note: This thread is 3790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im going to go out on a limb and say im the only one who uses Mechanix gloves, yes the velcro strap ones you get from autozone. (hold back laughter)

I cant stand golf gloves- way too thin and are almost immediately drenched in sweat.

If you think thats a good one, let me tell you about how i use hockey grip tape on my driver grips.

FYi:Golf Is Hard

Nike SQ Machspeed 9.5 driver

Callaway Diablo Edge 3h,4h-SW

Acme Janky 58 wedge

Oddessey White Hot blade 

Callaway Extreme Bag

Precept DYNAWINGS 

Nike Batting Gloves!

WTB: Cleveland CG14 or CG16 58 or 60...  and ... Nike SQ machspeed 3W + tool

You know, that's worth a try for me, so no laughter here!

I work outside for a living and wear leather work gloves all the time. So only wearing a single Golf glove, regardless of sweat, heat etc. just doesn't feel right. I go through two pairs a year, this might just be my answer. I'm not out there to make an fashion statement anyway.

Next week when I get paid is "Oil Change day" so I'll be at Autozone anyway. I'll take a look at them, too bad I think my season is basically over for this year. :cry:

Thanks...

~Tom B.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

have you guys tried no glove?

I never though I'd be able to grip a club well without a glove, boy was I wrong. Into my second season with no glove and I can't believe how much money I wasted on gloves!! Way better to spend that money on new grips.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im going to go out on a limb and say im the only one who uses Mechanix gloves, yes the velcro strap ones you get from autozone. (hold back laughter)

I cant stand golf gloves- way too thin and are almost immediately drenched in sweat.

If you think thats a good one, let me tell you about how i use hockey grip tape on my driver grips.

My only concern would be that Mechanix gloves would be too thick.  Before I moved to Ohio, I used to heat my home with firewood, as well as having a sizeable yard to maintain, so I used to wear Mechanix gloves all the time.  Theyre great for dampening vibration but Im not sure that Id want to use them for golf, too thick.

I never though I'd be able to grip a club well without a glove, boy was I wrong. Into my second season with no glove and I can't believe how much money I wasted on gloves!! Way better to spend that money on new grips.

To be fair though, you dont live in a place that has hot, humid summers; so grip isnt as big of a concern for you.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I have gone no glove as well. Took it off to putt, for better feel, then started taking it off for the same reason to chip, then to pitch, then went full monty. No regrets,  use a softer tackier type grip, simple green it once in a while and it feels great.

..and yest I know my weather is ideal, but I have sweated a couple of times ;-)

Titelist 910 D2
r7 draw irons
Seemore FGP
lots of different balls

I have gone no glove as well. Took it off to putt, for better feel, then started taking it off for the same reason to chip, then to pitch, then went full monty. No regrets,  use a softer tackier type grip, simple green it once in a while and it feels great. ..and yest I know my weather is ideal, but I have sweated a couple of times ;-)

Lol @ full Monty!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, if those that are interested want to try.... 2 pr's mechanics gloves.. http://www.nomorerack.com/daily_deals/view/453788-2_pairs__snap_on_supergrip_gloves___mechanic_gloves

My only concern would be that Mechanix gloves would be too thick.  Before I moved to Ohio, I used to heat my home with firewood, as well as having a sizeable yard to maintain, so I used to wear Mechanix gloves all the time.  Theyre great for dampening vibration but Im not sure that Id want to use them for golf, too thick.

Well thats kinda the reason I use them - but im used to hockey gloves)

and Hotrodjrd , yah Batting Gloves were my first choice, but had none laying around - - i figure might as well go the batting glove route as you can add a bit of style if you so choose.

ill probably end up playing with something like this:

http://www.softballrampage.com/Baseball/Batting-Gloves/5266/169/Diamond-Elite-Pro-Adult-Batting-Gloves.html?zmam=34062620&zmas;=3&zmac;=30&zmap;=ST59896&gclid;=CIKQ7tDT37oCFYgWMgodSzkAyA

FYi:Golf Is Hard

Nike SQ Machspeed 9.5 driver

Callaway Diablo Edge 3h,4h-SW

Acme Janky 58 wedge

Oddessey White Hot blade 

Callaway Extreme Bag

Precept DYNAWINGS 

Nike Batting Gloves!

WTB: Cleveland CG14 or CG16 58 or 60...  and ... Nike SQ machspeed 3W + tool

Note: This thread is 3790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!