IGNORED

Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score

david_wedzik
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Check your bio. Your listed as "Director of Instructor" for 5SK.

Keep reading…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

My bad. Missed the next word. My proofreading license is suspended.

No worries. I had to check because I copied it directly from the book, so… that would have been bad. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No worries. I had to check because I copied it directly from the book, so… that would have been bad. :)

I'm certainly glad it was my eyes that weren't working then. =] I'm excited for you guys. Next stop, NY Times Best Seller List.

- Shane

Ok I don't want to be "that guy" but have you shipped any copies yet? Im sorry but I can't $#&*ing take waiting its driving me crazy.

• Administrator

Ok I don't want to be "that guy" but have you shipped any copies yet? Im sorry but I can't $#&*ing take waiting its driving me crazy.

Since we're picking them up tomorrow… not yet.

Let's keep this thread for discussing the book once y'all get it. I'll move these posts, in fact.

Since we're picking them up tomorrow… not yet.

Let's keep this thread for discussing the book once y'all get it. I'll move these posts, in fact.

Thanks I thought I put it in this thread but obviously I was mistaken.

• Administrator

Thanks I thought I put it in this thread but obviously I was mistaken.

No worries.

I'm a much bigger fan of "under-promise and over-deliver," but if everyone here will allow me a brief moment of ego, I think this is one of the top three books on golf ever written. Nothing like this has ever been done before. It hits the sweet spot, and there are at least ten things worth the purchase price. One of the first people to review it called it "the best golf instruction book ever written" and it could be. The guy who said it doesn't need to suck up to us or anything.

It's filled with the kind of information that you can use both immediately and long-term. People should read the book several times. We've introduced new terms, like Separation Value and Decision Maps, and nGIR, and Shot Zones. We tell you how to practice, how to get around the golf course, and how you should see your game.

I fully expect that lots of other instructors will say "yeah, this is what I've always taught." They did (and continue to) it with 5SK, despite the fact that… they'd never actually done that or taught that way or simplified things so clearly for their students. As Bob Ford says in the foreword, it's the kind of book where you may have taught parts here and there, but it's never been as crystallized or as thorough. Other instructors will disagree, but they're the types that think you should spend half of your time practicing your putting, so they're easily ignored. :-)

We look forward to doing a few things following the book.

• A DVD set.
  • A subscription site (ideally about $50/year or $4.95/month or so, perhaps) where we continue to develop on the ideas in the book, answer personalized questions, etc.
  • Visiting golfers at their home courses for two-days of personalized, customized, world-class LSW training: we'll do some instruction, map your Shot Zones, work on your trouble shots, build a custom PracticePlan, tour your course and build a Decision Map and help you learn how to build them for yourself, etc.
  • More…

The one thing that I urge golfers reading the book to do: don't over-estimate yourselves.

For example, in one chapter, we lay out a bunch of stats from the testing we did with golfers from 50 to 130 yards. There were hints in this thread , and the stats for the average golfers are pretty bad… yet a lot of people think they're better than they are, so the stats can't possibly be right. That belief - that misunderstanding - costs them strokes. Even PGA Tour pros are not as good as you realize.

I'll give you everyone two examples.

• The first is from Mark Broadie's book. The average PGA Tour pro makes 1.5 putts over 21 feet during four rounds of play . Not 1.5 per round , 1.5 putts in 72 holes. The winner only makes 1.8. We asked golfers and they said five, six, seven…
  • When you hit the ball to 12 feet from 60 yards, many golfers are disappointed, yet that's pretty darn good! Golfers routinely think "they're better from 110 yards than 50 yards" but they're NOT. I think their expectations are unrealistic. From 50 yards, they expect to have a tap-in. But look at PGA Tour players from 50 yards. They're not getting up and down anywhere nearly as frequently as the average golfer thinks. And golfers miss the green - even on the PGA Tour - from 110 yards far more often than they realize.

Okay, all done now. :)

The site is now live at http://lowestscorewins.com.

Site looks great!

Michael

Erik you have to stop. Ever time you put something like that on here I lose a few more hours of sleep wait for my copy. :-D

Erik you have to stop. Ever time you put something like that on here I lose a few more hours of sleep wait for my copy. :-D

He's a big tease.

- Shane

No worries.

I'm a much bigger fan of "under-promise and over-deliver," but if everyone here will allow me a brief moment of ego, I think this is one of the top three books on golf ever written. Nothing like this has ever been done before. It hits the sweet spot, and there are at least ten things worth the purchase price. One of the first people to review it called it "the best golf instruction book ever written" and it could be. The guy who said it doesn't need to suck up to us or anything.

So what are the other two? ;-)

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

• Administrator
Erik you have to stop. Ever time you put something like that on here I lose a few more hours of sleep wait for my copy.

Well, just plan on your book arriving next Friday. And if it arrives a day or two early, you'll be happy.

So what are the other two?

Good question. Can I give the cheeky answer? One is another book I wrote, for 5SK instructors, and the third is the next book I write? Bwah ha ha ha. I am just kidding.

I don't know. Probably a slightly different list for almost everyone. For example, I don't have much need or desire for the Penick books, but others loved them.

I'm getting sent to a go daddy page when I click on that link, as if the domain isn't registerd.

Please keep checking. Some domains take longer to propagate, and we flipped the switch last night. Usually it's only a few hours, but it can take up to 48.

There's not a ton there. Yet.

Awesome. Can't wait to order the book soon. I really like what you guys are doing here on the forums. No nonsense instruction for everyone. It's great.

• Administrator

Website saved on favorites! I wonder who will be the first person to get their book?

I was. :)

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!