IGNORED

My Swing (KyleAnthony)

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One thin I noticed was your posture, it's nothing like what it was in your swings with Mike. Looked like you were arching your lower back and you were bent over way too much, I'll leave it to Mike to comment on that I guess. What is your priority piece right now if you don't mind me asking? Did you do those drills and just hit draws all day?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One thin I noticed was your posture, it's nothing like what it was in your swings with Mike. Looked like you were arching your lower back and you were bent over way too much, I'll leave it to Mike to comment on that I guess.

What is your priority piece right now if you don't mind me asking? Did you do those drills and just hit draws all day?

i hit half my bucket at the range just drills. then the last half of the bucket i was doing full swings and the main thing i am working on is club path and club face relation. i just noticed in the video my weight is pretty far back. so i'll have to just keep that in mind. one thing i have noticed is i am starting the ball right 90% of the time which is something i was never able to do before.

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

You need to fix that posture issue before anything else, swinging with that setup will get you back problems very soon, don't know why your doing that but Erik even showed one of your older setup pics just to show you that that setup is not needed.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

thank you. i will put the pics @mvmac posted on my phone so i will have the with me for reference at the range. also as far as the setup position a more relaxed position would be better than a straighter position?

Yeah for right now you gotta get that posture in order. With the arch in your lower back it's going to make it harder for you to turn. So instead of sticking the butt out, will feel like your tailbone is "tucked" under you at address. Lower back will feel very soft.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

went to the range today. only took 5 full speed swings and they didn't do great, but i had fun at the range. i did the drills that Mike and Dana taught me and then after half the bucket i did 2 of the drills Mike and Dana taught me, i call them count to 2 drills cuz i count 1-2 the move to the next position. then i would do 2 slow motion swings which were great because impact was much better than swinging hard. lol so i my logic to the slow motion swing is that i can slowly speed it up to full speed later on down the road. but I'm hoping i get all the motions right. on my other thread i was told to do continue my drills and people mentioned to do it in slow motion. i hope i did good. @iacas mentioned the practice range is for practice and i need to start treating it as such. here are my videos.

Count to 2 Drill

5 Ball Drill (2 count to 2 drills, 2 slow motion drills, i full swing) i did the drill again if i did not feel it was a good try.

1 slow motion swing

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Kyle, just a tid bit from what I learned. A slow swing can still yield distance, maybe not as much as full on swing, but if you sync up correctly, with a slower tempo, you might be surprised at how far you can actually hit a golf ball. Keep up the good work.

Kyle, just a tid bit from what I learned. A slow swing can still yield distance, maybe not as much as full on swing, but if you sync up correctly, with a slower tempo, you might be surprised at how far you can actually hit a golf ball. Keep up the good work.

thank you. to be honest my 8 iron was going about 150 yards. with my full speed swing its only 160 so i was thinking about moving forward only swinging slow until i get it down right and can move forward going a lithe fast a while down the road. it felt so good to hit them

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Kyle, one thing I pretty much put out of my mind at the range is distance. I find that if I try or want to hit a certain club XXX yards, just thinking of distance takes my focus away from my intent. Example I just got back from the range, all I worked on was key # 2 hitting about 100 balls. I did make a full swing, but at almost 50% of my normal speed, which isn't all that fast to begin with. Also never took the driver, or 3 wood outta the bag. The next 150 balls, I worked on my pitching and chipping at specific targets, I do that with full swings also, drills, not so much, just try to get the mechanics correct.

Sorry for the long post, but I hit more good balls tonight than I have previously.

Kyle, one thing I pretty much put out of my mind at the range is distance. I find that if I try or want to hit a certain club XXX yards, just thinking of distance takes my focus away from my intent. Example I just got back from the range, all I worked on was key # 2 hitting about 100 balls. I did make a full swing, but at almost 50% of my normal speed, which isn't all that fast to begin with. Also never took the driver, or 3 wood outta the bag. The next 150 balls, I worked on my pitching and chipping at specific targets, I do that with full swings also, drills, not so much, just try to get the mechanics correct.

Sorry for the long post, but I hit more good balls tonight than I have previously.

thats great to hear that you had such good success at the range. i only hit my 8 iron the whole night haha

edit: i was thinking of playing el dorado park sometime soon if you wanna join me let me know maybe we could get some other members as well to make a 4 some or something

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

thats great to hear that you had such good success at the range. i only hit my 8 iron the whole night haha

Funny, cuz that's what I normally use too.

Funny, cuz that's what I normally use too.

unusually i use my 6 iron, but i think it was @mvmac that mentioned using an 8 iron instead

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I like the way the drill swings look, start lines looked good and seemed like they had a draw bias. On the full motion swings, watch the amount of face rotation on the takeaway, toe is getting too far "up" at A2 and the left wrist is getting cuppy on the backswing. Much less "shallow to steep" shaft angle than before but when that face roll creeps in, you stall the hip turn and the shaft gets pointing outside the ball at A3.

Mike McLoughlin

I like the way the drill swings look, start lines looked good and seemed like they had a draw bias. On the full motion swings, watch the amount of face rotation on the takeaway, toe is getting too far "up" at A2 and the left wrist is getting cuppy on the backswing. Much less "shallow to steep" shaft angle than before but when that face roll creeps in, you stall the hip turn and the shaft gets pointing outside the ball at A3.

Thank you so much. I will try to keep those in mind and hopefully when I take new videos probably Thursday? I'll be headed in the right direction. Are you talking about the slow swings or the full speed swings? Do you think the slow swings are a good idea? Like 2 drills you taught me then 2 slow swings? Or should I abandon it?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator

went to the range today. only took 5 full speed swings and they didn't do great, but i had fun at the range. i did the drills that Mike and Dana taught me and then after half the bucket i did 2 of the drills Mike and Dana taught me, i call them count to 2 drills cuz i count 1-2 the move to the next position. then i would do 2 slow motion swings which were great because impact was much better than swinging hard. lol so i my logic to the slow motion swing is that i can slowly speed it up to full speed later on down the road. but I'm hoping i get all the motions right. on my other thread i was told to do continue my drills and people mentioned to do it in slow motion. i hope i did good. @iacas mentioned the practice range is for practice and i need to start treating it as such. here are my videos.

Count to 2 Drill

[VIDEO]

5 Ball Drill (2 count to 2 drills, 2 slow motion drills, i full swing) i did the drill again if i did not feel it was a good try.

[VIDEO]

1 slow motion swing

[VIDEO]

First post in a long time that gives me hope for you.

Be happy with the time you spent on the range because, for the first time since your lesson, I think you improved. You got better. THAT is the enjoyment you can take from practice sessions.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

First post in a long time that gives me hope for you. Be happy with the time you spent on the range because, for the first time since your lesson, I think you improved. You got better. THAT is the enjoyment you can take from practice sessions.

Thank you very much. It really was the most fun I've had at the range lol

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Thank you so much. I will try to keep those in mind and hopefully when I take new videos probably Thursday? I'll be headed in the right direction. Are you talking about the slow swings or the full speed swings? Do you think the slow swings are a good idea? Like 2 drills you taught me then 2 slow swings? Or should I abandon it?

I was talking about the swings where you do the whole thing without stopping. So slow speed and full speed. Keep it up with the 2 drill swings followed by 2 slow swings . Priority is still the backswing pieces.

The overall structure is getting better. You can look at these videos and feel like it was a successful practice session. You changed the picture (from earlier swings) and to make it stick you just have to keep doing it over and over again.

Mike McLoughlin

I was talking about the swings where you do the whole thing without stopping. So slow speed and full speed. Keep it up with the 2 drill swings followed by 2 slow swings . Priority is still the backswing pieces.  The overall structure is getting better. You can look at these videos and feel like it was a successful practice session. You changed the picture (from earlier swings) and to make it stick you just have to keep doing it over and over again.

Awesome I will do that. Thank you so much

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!