IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Totally agree.

I think the solution, then, is to tell yourself that you're not playing a round, but you're just practicing on the course.  You're not going to get better as fast as you'd like by just practicing.  OTOH, I get that it's no fun to play bad either.  So if I was you, instead of practicing for 3 hours on the range in the evenings, maybe half that time you could go out on the course, play 9 holes, and don't keep score, hit multiple balls if/when you can/want to, etc, etc.  It gives you the opportunity to hit "real world" shots that the range cannot do.

I swear I am a plus handicapper at the range.  A lot of good that does me on the course.

I see your point, and I'd like nothing better than to get out and play, If I could go as a single. I have a nice 9 hole course next to the range, 1/2 of the holes are par 4's which is nice, but it's usually crowded, so hitting 2 balls isn't much of an option. Think I'll do at least 2 more range sessions, then hit the  short course.

Yep, taking your A game from the range to the course is if nothing else, a tough nut to crack..lol  Thanks.. :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep, taking your A game from the range to the course is if nothing else, a tough nut to crack..lol  Thanks..

There is no A game on the range. Practice is practice.

This is Kyle's problem he is yet to understand that the two things (playing and practicing) the not the same, hence his constant bouts of frustration because he can't score the way he'd like to. Then he pretends it's a practice round and stresses out because he hit one OB.

Play the shots, score what you score and move on.

In the scheme of things, that's the best you can do.

Bottom line is, if you or Kyle shot 65 off the stick tomorrow and then 75 the next day, what would it mean?

The pros make it look easy, so people like Kyle don't see their great shots as the outliers and wonder why they can't hit it like they do on the range where you can easily forget the last seven shots you hit after a good one.

Just go and play golf... geeez B-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

There is no A game on the range. Practice is practice.

This is Kyle's problem he is yet to understand that the two things (playing and practicing) the not the same, hence his constant bouts of frustration because he can't score the way he'd like to. Then he pretends it's a practice round and stresses out because he hit one OB.

Play the shots, score what you score and move on.

In the scheme of things, that's the best you can do.

Bottom line is, if you or Kyle shot 65 off the stick tomorrow and then 75 the next day, what would it mean?

The pros make it look easy, so people like Kyle don't see their great shots as the outliers and wonder why they can't hit it like they do on the range where you can easily forget the last seven shots you hit after a good one.

Just go and play golf... geeez

Geez lightn up Shorty, my comment was "Sarcasm" BTW, this isn't my first go round playing golf. I take Pride in what I do, hence the amount of Structured practice I do. And why I take lessons from Mike and Dana, I assure you it's not for the fun of it, but to improve. When I'm satisfied with my progress, I'll go play, and not before. Also, I know about hitting on the range vs hitting on the course, but thanks for the info. ;-)

so went out and played Terra Lago South Course today because my friend got us a good deal on the course. i didn't think about hitting draws or anything like that. i just went up and hit the ball. i didn't do amazing, but i didn't do bad. i had a lot of fun out there. i enjoyed the course (even though it was pretty windy) so i hit 6 shots off the tee that went OB, but i had some good shots too. i shot a 50-40 for a 90 with 5 fairways hit 3 greens and 30 putts. tomorrow i'll hit the range after work and continue my drills and work on my motions. I'm going to start separating playing and practicing so i expect my handicap to go up a bit but i don't mind because i know it will drop again later

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

so went out and played Terra Lago South Course today because my friend got us a good deal on the course. i didn't think about hitting draws or anything like that. i just went up and hit the ball. i didn't do amazing, but i didn't do bad. i had a lot of fun out there. i enjoyed the course (even though it was pretty windy) so i hit 6 shots off the tee that went OB, but i had some good shots too. i shot a 50-40 for a 90 with 5 fairways hit 3 greens and 30 putts. tomorrow i'll hit the range after work and continue my drills and work on my motions. I'm going to start separating playing and practicing so i expect my handicap to go up a bit but i don't mind because i know it will drop again later

What holes have you issues? That's my home course.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

That's an impressive putting statistic!

Now that you have started tracking this a bit more, can you expand this a little. How many up and downs? How many pitches to within 10 feet? Did you have any 3-putts? Any chip ins?

Considering you only hit 3 greens, I take it your short game is pretty good. I see there has been a lot of very constructive criticism about your full swing, which I think a lot of us would appreciate, but would you class your short game as consistent?

What holes have you issues? That's my home course.

The wind was pretty strong at times yesterday so I hit some good drives off the tee but with the canal and wind it was pretty tough so I lost about 6 off the tee. I loved the course tho and If you ever wanna join me out there let me know and same if you wanna come to Morongo [quote name="LittleBear" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/840#post_983548"] That's an impressive putting statistic!  Now that you have started tracking this a bit more, can you expand this a little. How many up and downs? How many pitches to within 10 feet? Did you have any 3-putts? Any chip ins?  Considering you only hit 3 greens, I take it your short game is pretty good. I see there has been a lot of very [U]constructive[/U] criticism about your full swing, which I think a lot of us would appreciate, but would you class your short game as consistent?  [/quote] My short game saves me a lot. All my chips were within 10 feet and probably within 7. I had 1 three putt. No chip ins. If my bunker play was better it might have knocked a stroke or 2 off. And I missed 3 putts within 6 feet so that needs some work. I had about 4 up and downs. Had 3 birdies but a triple and a quad. Yikes!!!

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

The wind was pretty strong at times yesterday so I hit some good drives off the tee but with the canal and wind it was pretty tough so I lost about 6 off the tee. I loved the course tho and If you ever wanna join me out there let me know and same if you wanna come to Morongo

My short game saves me a lot. All my chips were within 10 feet and probably within 7. I had 1 three putt. No chip ins. If my bunker play was better it might have knocked a stroke or 2 off. And I missed 3 putts within 6 feet so that needs some work. I had about 4 up and downs. Had 3 birdies but a triple and a quad. Yikes!!!

My son scored 50 on 9 holes at Angeles National yesterday because of the wind. His score was the 4th in the team, and they beat their opponents by 9 strokes. Wind plays a really big role on those tiny fairways, as do cement hard greens (Stimp 12+ on some holes?).

Kyle, it sounds like your chipping and putting is pretty solid. 30 putts is very impressive.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My son scored 50 on 9 holes at Angeles National yesterday because of the wind. His score was the 4th in the team, and they beat their opponents by 9 strokes. Wind plays a really big role on those tiny fairways, as do cement hard greens (Stimp 12+ on some holes?). Kyle, it sounds like your chipping and putting is pretty solid. 30 putts is very impressive.

Thank you. Ya it seems like I do better on fast greens cuz I had 35 at Morongo and 35 at Yucaipa but 31 at Norman course

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Also a fun fact. For the month of April I've played 8 rounds. I average 32.75 putts per round 43% fairways 24% greens and average 3 penalty strokes a round.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Also a fun fact. For the month of April I've played 8 rounds. I average 32.75 putts per round 43% fairways 24% greens and average 3 penalty strokes a round.

I think we've landed on your biggest opportunity!

I've played 12 rounds in April, and don't know that I've had more than 3 penalty strokes all month!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've played 12 rounds in April, and don't know that I've had more than 3 penalty strokes all month!

Wish I could say that. :-D

I would say I average about two a round. :surrender:

If I'm lucky I can save bogey and make a few birdies to make up for it.

On our course the 7th hole has OB on both sides. The 9th has water left on the tee shot and if you cheat right there are trees in the way of the island green, which I sometimes miss even if I am in perfect position. The 17th is a 215 yard shot over water to a narrow peninsula green sloping away. The 18th has water on both sides on the tee shot and then a 150 yard carry across the water for the second.

If I get through those four holes with two penalties it's a pretty good day. More than that it's a bad day. None, or one, and I am probably lighting it up because I'm usually at least going to make pars on the other holes.

And this is on an (unrated) easy course that I would rate a 65. Funny thing is that the last few times I played "tougher" courses I didn't have any penalty strokes.

well i had 8 at norman course and 6 yesterday haha so those were terrible. had 2 at yucaipa. my tee shots have gone crazy, but monday i hit 10/14 fairways lol just need to figure it out once i get everything else headed in the right direction lol

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

i think my swing is going back steep and causing me to come over the top again. i think range time and mirror work will help me work on stuff so mirror is what i'll be doing till friday haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Wish I could say that.

I would say I average about two a round.

If I'm lucky I can save bogey and make a few birdies to make up for it.

On our course the 7th hole has OB on both sides. The 9th has water left on the tee shot and if you cheat right there are trees in the way of the island green, which I sometimes miss even if I am in perfect position. The 17th is a 215 yard shot over water to a narrow peninsula green sloping away. The 18th has water on both sides on the tee shot and then a 150 yard carry across the water for the second.

If I get through those four holes with two penalties it's a pretty good day. More than that it's a bad day. None, or one, and I am probably lighting it up because I'm usually at least going to make pars on the other holes.

And this is on an (unrated) easy course that I would rate a 65. Funny thing is that the last few times I played "tougher" courses I didn't have any penalty strokes.

Doesn't sound like an easy course with all that water in play from on so many tee shots! At my course there is only really one place where i'd ever hit OB more than once or twice a year. Down the left of the par 4 16th for that one. And this course is super easy but rates 69

Henry

Doesn't sound like an easy course with all that water in play from on so many tee shots! At my course there is only really one place where i'd ever hit OB more than once or twice a year. Down the left of the par 4 16th for that one. And this course is super easy but rates 69

Other than those four holes (well, plus one more that is just flat very tough for everybody) there are a lot of birdies and possible eagles out there on the other holes.

A good accurate ball striker with distance has no problem shooting in the mid 60s but inaccurate players without distance would probably have a hard time shooting what they shoot on most tougher courses.

I guess if it was rated the course rating would be low but the slope would be rather high comparatively.

• Administrator

@KyleAnthony , spend the $15 and buy a copy of Lowest Score Wins .

Today is the last day that price is available. Send $15 via PayPal. Very easy.

The 20 pages we're writing now will save you strokes, and so will the rest of the book.

Here's the original thread:

That's my pitch. I'm not gonna talk more about it. I hope you buy it. At $15 I think it's a "can't miss" type deal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@KyleAnthony, spend the $15 and buy a copy of Lowest Score Wins.

Today is the last day that price is available. Send $15 via PayPal. Very easy.

The 20 pages we're writing now will save you strokes, and so will the rest of the book.

Here's the original thread:

That's my pitch. I'm not gonna talk more about it. I hope you buy it. At $15 I think it's a "can't miss" type deal.

money sent!!!!

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!