IGNORED

Wyndham Championship

Cleveland Gunmetal
Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow... what a tough spot to be on the PGA tour schedule. Right after the PGA and a week before the Fed Ex fiasco. What was a weak field to begin with got weaker with each passing day with Choi, Love, Kelly, Watson, among others dropping out. They were dropping like flies! Jim Gallagher Jr. shot a 69! Either the course is playing wicked (I am only a 45 minute drive from Boston) easy or this is 1997!

Nice round for Will MacKenzie! I suppose we should expect this since Bobby Clampett did call him the best athlete on the PGA Tour. Did anyone else hear this? Of course, throughout the 4 days at the PGA Championship he probably gave 25 or so players a "top 10" swing on the PGA Tour.

Looking at the current scores, MacKenzie may not be the overnight leader with Pettersson and Glover on fire this afternoon.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

How about the Canadian Open...the third oldest golf tourney..... being wedged between the British Open and WGC -Bridgestone Invitational?

That's being bent over.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

How about the Canadian Open...the third oldest golf tourney..... being wedged between the British Open and WGC -Bridgestone Invitational?

It didn't stop the number two in the world to show up though.

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
It didn't stop the number two in the world to show up though.

Well, he was the defending champion. Last year the event was played in September.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, he was the defending champion. Last year the event was played in September.

At least they also got Vijay. When you can't get Vijay to show up, that's not good.

• Administrator
At least they also got Vijay. When you can't get Vijay to show up, that's not good.

Yeah. Heck, Vijay was gonna show up for our traveling league yesterday but we already had 24, so we had to turn him away.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah. Heck, Vijay was gonna show up for our traveling league yesterday but we already had 24, so we had to turn him away.

LOL

Good stuff. Vijay hasn't really been playing all that great lately so I imagine it would be hard for him to crack your top 24 anyways.

LOL

Watch out CG - they make take your sponsorship deal away if word gets back to Cleveland headquarters!

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• Administrator
LOL

One of the guys in my foursome shot a net 68. If Vijay is about a +5, I doubt he'd have beat that guy.

Watch out CG - they make take your sponsorship deal away if word gets back to Cleveland headquarters!

Yeah, good point. I may have to pay off thesandtrap.com crew to make this thread disappear!

One of the guys in my foursome shot a net 68. If Vijay is about a +5, I doubt he'd have beat that guy.

Nice. Tough group. Don't think Vijay would be able to beat that... not unless he gets his putter back. The belly seems to have lost it's magic again

Greetings ....

Ok, so it may have been a birdiefest, and the field was not so stellar. Still, it was nice to to see several players competing hard for a golf tournament title. There have been plenty of occasions when events have had a star-studded field and NO hotly contested finish.

Anyway, congrats to Brandt Snedeker, as well as the supporting cast.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

Yeah, I agree. A round of 72 must have felt more like an 80 but it was an entertaining tournament. I only watched the coverage on Sunday but it was nice to see some players you might not get too see that often. You could tell that it meant a lot to these guys... a lot of them were quite animated during the back nine. Snedeker was a birdie making machine! Perhaps with him, Mahan and a few others the US is starting to build that young talent they have been looking for.

Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!