IGNORED

Net question

Note: This thread is 6118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, so I'm not to keen on paying 10$ to hit a big bucket of balls at the range. Is what i'd prefer to do is maybe go to the range, hit a small bucket (just for my wedges) and then go chip and putt for an hour or two. So anyways, tonite I went to get a mat to hit off of at Dicks. When I was there I asked the golf guy which would be better, to hit fake balls off the mat, or real ones into a net. He proceeded to tell me the pros and cons of each. He told me that if I hit fake balls I had to hit this new kind because suppousdly its more accurate or something (I'll edit this post with the name in the mourning). I was leaning towards getting this 60 dollar net. Before I could make my decesion, my mom spotted this inflateable net, sort of like a bouncy house (little kid thing they jump around in). This thing was 8 feet by 9 feet, and completly incases you so you cant really not hit into the net. It comes with a pre-attatched pump, and takes about two minutes to inflate. My mom said we should get this and in the winter, put it in her garage stall, so I could hit the ball almost year round. However the fall back was this cost 250 bucks, so I decided to hold off and get some opinions first. My dad was sorta neutral, he understands why it could benefit, but with the way his back is he hates just going and hitting a 100 balls. I really like the idea of this, (it was made by Walter Hagan golf), and figured I'd use it before going out to play 9 to get warmed up or w/e, and use it to practice. So for tonite I just get the mat and the fake balls. There suppose to carry 1/3 of a real ball. Unfortunatly I mis estimated my front yard lol. The only club I can hit is a SW. I ended up moving my old hockey net infront of the mat, and would practice chipping over it, or blasting shots into it, which it then slows down. So my question to you all, is the expensive net console, worth it? Anyone have one? If not is the 60 dollar net worth it? If use is any question, I will use which ever I get quite a bit.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

OK, I don't really know what you want to know, but I feel bad when someone doesn't get a response to a good question when at the same time the same questions about slicing or shanks get answered time and time again. My $.02 is that the $60 net is probably best. I don't know what you mean by the fake golf balls, but I have used golf wiffle balls quite a bit. They are helpful but drive me nuts when the slightest wind blows them offline. It also sounds to me like you don't have the space to use this system the best. For me I couldn't justify spending $250 on a practice net when that can get me a lot of rounds of the "real" thing. My question is, can you use the $60 net in the garage in the winter. If so that would be done deal for me, no use in spending $190 more on a potentially more effective net when both can do similar things. O yea and I have no experience with any of these nets so I would go with your gut (and wallet) if I were you.

Driver: R7 Quad 8.5°
3 wood: A10
Hybrid: 20° DWS Baffler
4-GW: FP Irons
SW: 06 Big Bertha 56°LW: A10 60° Putter: White Steel 2-ball

I wouldn't reccommend cutting back on the net. I got a cheap $60 one before, and I had holes in it within five minutes. After I get irons and a few other things, I'm looking into getting a good net, so I reccomend it.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

are the fake balls range balls?

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

i also have been lookin for a net

do ya'll think it would be easy to build one out of pvc pipe
and where and what kind of net should be used ?

i think for a 150 bucks a net could be built even better than
the ones that cost 150 bucks

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

There are pvc net kits all over the place on the web. Saw some on ebay. The ones I have seen on ebay are just the net and instructions. You then go buy the PVC.

Buuuuut, my buddy got the Hagen net from Dicks and it is NICE. It has a picture of a fairway to shoot into. I like it a lot. We use it before we go out for our rounds.

We have hit approx. 500 balls into since he bought it and has held up well. We have had to move it a few times from the divots . Decided to buy some strips of sod to fix that problem

Note: I also use practice balls I think they are called "birdie balls"?

The fake balls aren't range balls there called "Point Three's" (there yellow). The thing is, the way the cheaper net configures, it'd be possibly to shank a ball and miss the net. If I'm outside, we'll thats not a problem since I have woods behind me, but in the garage, yea it'd be a problem, and so would going threw the net. The reason the expensive one intrigued me was, I really liked the idea of being able to use it in the winter. I'm a firm beliver in the "club doesn't make the player", so I won't be spending much on clubs (every club I own once belonged to my dad, or his dad), and I think this could be a great training aid, but the price may be to steep, but thanks for the opinions.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

• Administrator
The fake balls aren't range balls there called "Point Three's" (there yellow). The thing is, the way the cheaper net configures, it'd be possibly to shank a ball and miss the net. If I'm outside, we'll thats not a problem since I have woods behind me, but in the garage, yea it'd be a problem, and so would going threw the net. The reason the expensive one intrigued me was, I really liked the idea of being able to use it in the winter. I'm a firm beliver in the "club doesn't make the player", so I won't be spending much on clubs (every club I own once belonged to my dad, or his dad), and I think this could be a great training aid, but the price may be to steep, but thanks for the opinions.

The P3 balls don't really hurt much. They're foam. I wouldn't be so worried about them going through a net or even shanking one directly into your car. They shouldn't do much if any damage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i know someone who uses a cheap $60 baseball net...try one of those

Driver: r7 460 10.5*
3 Wood: Launcher Steel 15*
Hybrid: HALO 3i 22*
Irons: X-20 Tour 3-PW
Wedge: RAC Chrome 56*/12*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball Blade

Go to TGW.com they've got a good one for about $69 I believe. I'll be setting one of these up in my garage this winter.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

i know someone who uses a cheap $60 baseball net...try one of those

I would be wary about that. I used to play baseball, and my dad got me one of those. I never used it for baseball, but once I started to play golf, I tried setting it up. I hit into it, and the only clubs I can use are 7-9 irons and my wedges, because the rest of my clubs rip holes right through.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Note: This thread is 6118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!