IGNORED

Minimalist Golf Swing

Note:Β This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Did you put your left foot in, your left foot out, your left foot in and shake it all about? That ought to work too

Funny! Β I hadn't heard that one since kindergarten! B-)

Just got back from the range as the video will show. 45 Balls hit using Kinwar's Β MGS System keeping trail side in tilt and lifting arm up the chest after getting a new knee replacement 14 days ago. All distances on the fly with balance being generally off with several pushes and pulls. All distances in the air to be fair-7 iron was 140-150, PW was 110-115, 3 hybrid was 175, Driver was 230-245, and 5 iron was 165-175

Patrick

MGS Fan

Funny! Β I hadn't heard that one since kindergarten!

The video is unavailable when I went to play it. What's that about?

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* :Β Fairway - Ping G30 18* :Β Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* &Β 915 H 24* :Β Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedΒ 5Β - GW :Β Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 :Β Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio SelectΒ Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-RΒ  :Β Ball - Bridgestone B330RX,Β Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Removed for being too long.[quote name="Jmdmbike" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019294"] The video is unavailable when I went to play it. What's that about? [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Too long-have to re-edit it an d re-submit meanwhile, enjoy this musical interlude. Β lol!

OK, post it up when you've done the editing. If that swing works for you, awesome :dance: , but you have to admit that there aren't any decent players using that approach. If it helps if you have a physical limitation, or something like that then go for it. But otherwise, I can't see golfers going about the golf swing this way.

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* :Β Fairway - Ping G30 18* :Β Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* &Β 915 H 24* :Β Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedΒ 5Β - GW :Β Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 :Β Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio SelectΒ Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-RΒ  :Β Ball - Bridgestone B330RX,Β Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

OK, post it up when you've done the editing. If that swing works for you, awesome , but you have to admit that there aren't any decent players using that approach. If it helps if you have a physical limitation, or something like that then go for it. But otherwise, I can't see golfers going about the golf swing this way.

No worries and it seems to work very well with my abused body! Β The video is tedious though so feel free to make popcorn! :bugout: You can see my sporty cane in the hitting area. I am trying to just keep my head in tilt and lift my left arm up a barely pre-turned chest. Β I either stepped on my left heel to come down or did an underhand clap.I had to stop taking the oxy last night so I could drive and sometimes I lost my balance but still I felt I did well considering its only 2 weeks since the new knee. You can see my right leg is about twice the size as the non-operated leg.

Patrick

MGS Fan

Still highly doubtful about your distances.-Cant judge swing speed by video but if you could Im still very very doubtful.-LEts see it on a Trackman or something. Also-I thought the swing was well out to the right but you hit across every ball and pulled the snot out of them. Like I said good luck to you and glad you like it but its not something Im going to seriously consider at all.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

No worries and it seems to work very well with my abused body! Β The video is tedious though so feel free to make popcorn!Β Β You can see my sporty cane in the hitting area. I am trying to just keep my head in tilt and lift my left arm up a barely pre-turned chest. Β I either stepped on my left heel to come down or did an underhand clap.I had to stop taking the oxy last night so I could drive and sometimes I lost my balance but still I felt I did well considering its only 2 weeks since the new knee. You can see my right leg is about twice the size as the non-operated leg.

OK, I surrender :surrender: Looks like this works for you, congrats and keep on swingin' :dance:

OK, I surrenderΒ Looks like this works for you, congrats and keep on swingin'

Well, my new right knee did not want to get out of the way of my arm raise! My right leg has gone down in swelling but is still huge! No wonder I pulled more than I ever had. More pre-turn and tilt! Also, I was so worried about the new knee I never tried to start with the weight equally divided on each foot before the pre-sets. Finally, i was pleased I was able to hit my 7 iron further than Phil's 5 iron ;-) though I am not a teaching pro! Seriously, as bad as today was, I could still break 90 with this and maybe do a bit better although getting the ball out of the cup will be a tough stretch-I'll have to buy one of those thingies at Golf-Galaxy!

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

[QUOTE name="Jmdmbike" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019302"] Β  OK, post it up when you've done the editing. If that swing works for you, awesome :dance: , but you have to admit that there aren't any decent players using that approach. If it helps if you have a physical limitation, or something like that then go for it. But otherwise, I can't see golfers going about the golf swing this way. [/QUOTE] No worries and it seems to work very well with my abused body! Β The video is tedious though so feel free to make popcorn!Β :bugout: Β You can see my sporty cane in the hitting area. I am trying to just keep my head in tilt and lift my left arm up a barely pre-turned chest. Β I either stepped on my left heel to come down or did an underhand clap.I had to stop taking the oxy last night so I could drive and sometimes I lost my balance but still I felt I did well considering its only 2 weeks since the new knee. You can see my right leg is about twice the size as the non-operated leg.

Awesome Patrick! But you don't have to go out and hit golf balls for anyone while your knee is recovering.. Honestly that can wait and let us all say what ever we want.. Having said that like was mentioned keep swinging and good luck to you! No you don't need to go to a track man in my opinion..

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

I'm confused, what are you saying exactly?

I thought Erik was being like Phil, stubborn and obtuse about a new system Phil thought to rip with no resistance. I did not realize Erik has actually developed a swing system, Pure Strike, which carefully considers important factors of the golf swing. I no longer consider Erik in the same category as Phil.

Patrick

MGS Fan

Awesome Patrick! But you don't have to go out and hit golf balls for anyone while your knee is recovering.. Honestly that can wait and let us all say what ever we want..

Having said that like was mentioned keep swinging and good luck to you! No you don't need to go to a track man in my opinion..

Thanks AB! However, I'm a teacher and golf is my one vice so I need to "bust a move" :banana: on the golf courses of America and I really like Kiran's MGS stuff and was doing great with it prior to surgery. This is all part of my rehab so no worries! anyway, my surgeon is a big golfer and he is taking me to his club in a couple of weeks if I am ready!

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

Having said that like was mentioned keep swinging and good luck to you! No you don't need to go to a track man in my opinion..

^^^ I second that.

YOur 7-iron doesnt go 200+.-I dont think the shots you hit in that video went as far as you said either.[quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019346"]Finally, i was pleased I was able to hit my 7 iron further than Phil's 5 ironΒ ;-)[/quote] Plus your swing was not as shown in the videos.-You hinged your wrists, swung left,-did other things she doesnt demonstrate. Im not stubborn or obtuse-And you should stop calling names. Where did I rip anything?-Ive been TEACHING golf longer than youve been playin it and I've worked with Mac and several other top teachers.-You dont seem to know of what you speak too often.-Rather than actually discuss content you deflect and post videos about your swing, ignoring points made by others. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019348"]I thought Erik was being like Phil, stubborn and obtuse about a new system Phil thought to rip with no resistance. I did not realize Erik has actually developed a swing system, Pure Strike, which carefully considers important factors of the golf swing. I no longer consider Erik in the same category as Phil. [/quote] Then you come on and lie about your distances. 140 to 150 eh?-Pretty good with 45 MPH clubhead speed.

YOur 7-iron doesnt go 200+.-I dont think the shots you hit in that video went as far as you said either.[quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019346"]Finally, i was pleased I was able to hit my 7 iron further than Phil's 5 ironΒ ;-)

Plus your swing was not as shown in the videos.-You hinged your wrists, swung left,-did other things she doesnt demonstrate. Im not stubborn or obtuse-And you should stop calling names. Where did I rip anything?-Ive been TEACHING golf longer than youve been playin it and I've worked with Mac and several other top teachers.-You dont seem to know of what you speak too often.-Rather than actually discuss content you deflect and post videos about your swing, ignoring points made by others. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019348"]I thought Erik was being like Phil, stubborn and obtuse about a new system Phil thought to rip with no resistance. I did not realize Erik has actually developed a swing system, Pure Strike, which carefully considers important factors of the golf swing. I no longer consider Erik in the same category as Phil. [/quote] Then you come on and lie about your distances. 140 to 150 eh?-Pretty good with 45 MPH clubhead speed.[/quote] Come on Phil give it a rest.. The guy is hitting much better shots than anyone can expect with his knee condition and he was joking about hitting longer than you and that is why he had a smily face.

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

Youre not the one the guy is calling names while spouting tripe and ignoring the 30 years and thousands of golfers Ive made better-Cant answer basic questions, etc. Ive talked with this Kanwar woman online as others have and its clear she is out of her depths-And there is no way this guy is hitting his 7I 150 unless hes counting the roll on baked fairways.[quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019378"] Come on Phil give it a rest.. The guy is hitting much better shots than anyone can expect with his knee condition and he was joking about hitting longer than you and that is why he had a smily face.[/quote] Now how about you talk about the swing-Or whatever you call that ugly motion she makes with a golf ball at her feet.

Sorry @Innercity Mini , but I'm with @Phil McGleno , here. You're not doing the MGS. You don't preset your shoulder turn 45 degrees, you hinge your wrists, and you turn your torso and hips back a lot more than Kanwar advocates (and demonstrates, herself). And you swing to the left with square hips at impact; very little lower body action. What you're doing is your typical armsy OTT swing action. I'm glad you can golf, given your injuries, I truly am, but please stop promoting this thing. It's not what you do and it doesn't help anyone, yourself included. Feel ain't real, buddy.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Come on Phil give it a rest.. The guy is hitting much better shots than anyone can expect with his knee condition and he was joking about hitting longer than you and that is why he had a smily face.

Phil, my video shows I have a pot-belly despite losing 20 lbs. due to surgery! And though I can hardly stand for 45 golfballs I still hit them pretty dang good! :smartass: I f Β you stop accusing me and Kinwar of making stuff up I will be a new friend to you :-* though my girlfriend who does hit her 7 iron 130 yards, might get jealous! :banana: Anyway, two wrongs do not make a right. And whatever mistakes you are making with the Minimalist Golf Swing (c'mon admit it) should not diminish the years of service you have provided your students and the game of golf we all love. I am sorry for abusing you and I have never lied to you! (BIG SMOOCH? :-* )

KINDEST REGARDS,

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

Note:Β This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!