IGNORED

What's Your Ideal Golfing Weather?

Uncle Peter
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anything from mid/high 60s to mid 90s is good by me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anything from mid/high 60s to mid 90s is good by me.

Huh.  I assumed you'd say that your ideal is something like 125*.

Or, anytime you could cook your own lunch on the cart paths. :-P

Sunny and 75.

Though I do really enjoy a round of golf on a really warm, July, Saturday morning after a night of gentle rain. Where the grass is not too wet, but there's a "mist", or fog, hovering above the fairways when you get to the course at 6-7AM. You know, one of those days where you're happy you got 18 in before 11AM when the dew point is chasing the actual temp.

I like to play in a variety of weather. My favorite is an overcast day, temps ranging from 50-55 with little wind. Perfect weather for pants and a light golf sweater. I can handle any weather though and wind doesn't really bother me. The only thing that gets me is rain. I'll play in it, but I don't like it. It's much easier to play in hard rain when you have a professional caddie to worry about keeping everything dry, which I obviously don't.

55 - 85 / preferably sunny

I'll pretty much play in any temperature but I don't enjoy playing in rain - call me a fair weather golfer ...

Sunny and 75 degrees. Fortunately that is the temperature here in San Diego most of the year. Ha

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

Sunny and 75 degrees. Fortunately that is the temperature here in San Diego most of the year. Ha

Lucky... I hear "Joe Nichols - Sunny and 75" on the radio and just flip the station. Aside from the fact that it's a chick song, I don't want to hear that kind of blasphemy in NE Ohio this time of year... :censored:

I'd say partly cloudy and mid 70s would be ideal.  Coincidentally, we had this weather on Saturday......then the next day temps were in the 20s with sleet.  Go figure

At this point, I'll take anything as long as there's no more damn snow on the ground. The first organized event at our club is March 29 and there's concern that may not happen since we're still looking at bitterly cold temps for another week or so. Ugh.......

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Mid 60s and sunny.  Warm enough to wear shorts and cool enough where I don't sweat.

Gotta go with this one.  In Georgia in the summer, it can become more of an exercise in sweat management than golf.

I've got two if that's possible. Both are clear, sunny days with very little wind. One is temps around 70 where I can dress up in my golf pants and look the part with all my buddies. There are a few select days each year where we really try to look the part of a PGA player. The other is about 85 degrees, perfect for shorts and a dri-fit polo. A cold beer on an 85 degree day while golfing with your friends is tough to beat.

At this point, I'll take anything as long as there's no more damn snow on the ground.

Couldn't be any more true.  I'd put two hoodies on and go play in 38-40, so long as the snow is gone and the grass isn't crunching frozen under my feet.

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!