Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valleygolfer

Opinions on wedge order

6 posts in this topic

Here is my planned order for Vokey wedges

“F” Grind 56° loft with 13° bounce bent to 55° loft. Lie angle 2° flat with X100 shaft

“K” Grind 60° loft with 11° bounce. Lie angle 2° flat with X100 shaft

I was going to make the order but was concerned that the bounce would be too close together. Another option would be a 54/13 bent to 55/14. I don't know how much it matters if they are somewhat close, if that is normal or just a person matter. I am a bit of a digger with my wedges and I am increasing bounce angle some from my 60/07 that I already play.

Opinions?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

My wedges have 21°, 17°, and 14° of bounce… from 60, to 54, to 48. I think having them close together is fine. It gives you options to use the LOFT you want but hit the same vast variety of shots.

I was as concerned with effective bounce for open face shots and versatility as anything when I picked out wedges. Not sure what the F and K grinds do for Titleist wedges but probably some info on their site. Some grinds reduce effective bounce and others increase it. I chose based on the course conditions for my area, what my typical needs are around the green etc.

My wedges have 21°, 17°, and 14° of bounce… from 60, to 54, to 48. I think having them close together is fine. It gives you options to use the LOFT you want but hit the same vast variety of shots.

I do want to limit some of the amount of digging and I am pretty good with forward shaft lean. The extra bounce should be okay.

I was as concerned with effective bounce for open face shots and versatility as anything when I picked out wedges. Not sure what the F and K grinds do for Titleist wedges but probably some info on their site. Some grinds reduce effective bounce and others increase it. I chose based on the course conditions for my area, what my typical needs are around the green etc.

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-news/titleist-sm5-wedge-2697.aspx

Opinions?

Looks good to me, I think you'll really like the wedges. The SM5's I hit, 52 F grind, 58 K grind were solid. Agree with Erik, see no issues with the bounce being close together.