IGNORED

Annoyed (Can someone explain?)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm all for the Golf Channel showing the European Tour...but come on....when guys like Spieth, Woodland, Dufner, and Rose are on the course...how do they not have a live feed for us? Not even CBS has their little 2 hole feed this weekend. That's all we really need...a camera on 1 and 10 or something like that.

Is there a reason for the ultimate screwjob that is the golf channel won't be showing the Valspar tournament live until 2 FRIGGIN PM central time?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I'm all for the Golf Channel showing the European Tour...but come on....when guys like Spieth, Woodland, Dufner, and Rose are on the course...how do they not have a live feed for us? Not even CBS has their little 2 hole feed this weekend. That's all we really need...a camera on 1 and 10 or something like that.

Is there a reason for the ultimate screwjob that is the golf channel won't be showing the Valspar tournament live until 2 FRIGGIN PM central time?

I suppose there are contract obligations and restrictions that I know nothing about but I've complained for years that there's a tournament going on and I'm sitting there watching something stupid like Golf Central or Morning Drive or (the too hyperactive for my liking) Michael Breed giving conflicting golf tips.

I was always especially annoyed when they are finishing a round from the previous day the next morning and Tiger had a great round going and I couldn't even watch it.

I agree, they should be at the point where they can do a Live@ every week at a minimum regardless of the GC contract.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same here. Like last week(thursday & friday) at Doral, on GC, it says at 12pm: coverage of 1st round/ 2nd round. I tuned in, it was Golf Central from noon to 1pm. Coverage only began at 1pm. It pisses me off when they do that.

There's probably a backhaul wildfeed on C-Band or Ku-Band of this tournament somewhere.  There almost always is before main network coverage starts on the Golf Channel / NBC / CBS (NBC this weekend).

Of course, you need to have a satellite dish up and a receiver capable of DVB-S2 (in most cases) to get these feeds... but they are cool to watch, as there are no commercials and you also see / hear behind-the-scenes production stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim

I suppose there are contract obligations and restrictions that I know nothing about but I've complained for years that there's a tournament going on and I'm sitting there watching something stupid like Golf Central or Morning Drive or (the too hyperactive for my liking) Michael Breed giving conflicting golf tips.

I was always especially annoyed when they are finishing a round from the previous day the next morning and Tiger had a great round going and I couldn't even watch it.

LMAO! You mean SCREAMING conflicting golf tips :-D

Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!