Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BENtSwing

TRUE Linkswear - The Gent

14 posts in this topic

BOOM!! Pulled the trigger on these bad boys . . .

$149.99. Comes in a variety of colors. These came with the green shoelaces and a backup white set. Ordered a 1/2 size bigger than what I normally wear, per the website suggestion. For being high quality leather, they are really flexible straight out of the box.

The looks of these shoes is pretty much the only reason I bought them, but I was pleasantly surprised how comfy they are...not as comfy as the "normal" style of TRUEs, however. Def more comfy than the other brands' wingtip style shoes (FJ). Only 1 range session in so far, but they function like any other TRUE model: stable. Gonna walk 18 on Saturday and see how they hold up. Gonna clean these with a toothbrush after every round like I used to do with my Air Jordan's in high school lol.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Very cool, have you worn TRUE's before?

Yes, I have a pair of Sensei's. Great brand.

The soles appear to be thicker.

They are thicker, for sure...plus, they have a "heel." More for looks than anything, I think. These definitely don't feel exactly like the Sensei, etc.

True offers quite a few different soles. The Gent sole looks thinner than the Sensei/Proto but may be thicker than the Tour and the other shoes that share that sole. The Gent will probably be my next shoe purchase. Besides the Sensei it's the only 2014 True I like.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are thicker, for sure...plus, they have a "heel." More for looks than anything, I think. These definitely don't feel exactly like the Sensei, etc.

Feet aren't as low to the ground? Interesting that they would go that route. Even though they're thicker, it might still be "lower" than most brands, especially in that style category.

True offers quite a few different soles.

I actually did not know this.  I have protos and senseis and if the soles on those are different, it's only slightly, because those feel the same to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

Feet aren't as low to the ground? Interesting that they would go that route. Even though they're thicker, it might still be "lower" than most brands, especially in that style category.

Yeah, exactly. I wouldn't even say they aren't as low to the ground (as the Sensei), really. The difference is negligible. The sole just feels a little more substantial if that makes sense. I walked around on the practice green at the range and they still had "that feel." The only thing I'm concerned about is durability, because I always walk. We'll see how the leather and stitching holds up.

I actually did not know this.  I have protos and senseis and if the soles on those are different, it's only slightly, because those feel the same to me.

The Sensei and Proto have the same sole. Honestly I don't notice much difference between my Sensei's and Phoenix on the course, the Phoenix has a different sole. But a big reason I buy street golf shoes is being able to wear them to and from the course. The sole on the Phoenix is kind of weird, actually the entire shoe feels a little weird. Almost like it forces the toes to point towards the sky. For a zero drop shoe it has a thicker feel towards the forefoot. Makes me feel back on my heels on firm ground.

They do, but the sensei and proto both have the same one (the sensei sole). The stealths, for instance, have the ninja sole. There all just a bit different.

The Sensei and Proto have the same sole. Honestly I don't notice much difference between my Sensei's and Phoenix on the course, the Phoenix has a different sole. But a big reason I buy street golf shoes is being able to wear them to and from the course. The sole on the Phoenix is kind of weird, actually the entire shoe feels a little weird. Almost like it forces the toes to point towards the sky. For a zero drop shoe it has a thicker feel towards the forefoot. Makes me feel back on my heels on firm ground.

LOL ... I guess that would explain it!  I don't feel so dumb after all.

I'm still glad I learned this, because when it was time to buy a new pair, I think I would have blindly gone under the assumption that the sole I have is their trademark and is exactly the same in every shoe.  Now I know better. :beer:

And I also love the idea of wearing them to and from the golf course.  It's a great feeling to get to the course and not have to do the stupid trunk/bumper dance to put on shoes.  Do I try to balance on one foot?  Do I sit on the bumper?  Do I sit sideways in the car to put them on?  etc, etc.

Good news if it means there will be a red/wht/blue LE coming for the USO. They have done it in the past so likely. I just hope it's the Gent or Sensei. Last year I think the USO LE was only offered in the Tour. Could double for the Ryder Cup. I have a few red/wht/blue shirts and shorts combos I sport for 7/4 and Ryder Cup week.

Limited Edition Gents for some "supposedly" big tournament coming up.  (Zurich Classic, I think)

Rad!