IGNORED

2 Aces in 2 Days for Laura Diaz

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is an incredible story.

Laura Diaz had a hole-in-one for the second straight day in the Kia Classic to become the second player in LPGA Tour history to make two aces in a tournament.

Diaz aced the par-3 third hole Saturday in the third round and then holed out on the par-3 sixth on Sunday - a shot she followed with an eagle on the par-4 seventh. She also had an eagle Saturday on the par-5 fifth.

''I went out today hoping I could get another one,'' Diaz said. ''Just really using my head to see how wild and crazy it could get. Then it happened, and I went nuts. It's pretty crazy.''

Jenny Lidback is the only other player with two aces in an event, accomplishing the feat in the 1997 Tournament of Champions.

Diaz used a 6-iron Sunday on the 157-yard sixth.

''I was trying to hit it a little left to right high and take a little bit off of it,'' Diaz said. ''And, yeah, I did it. It went in.''

On the eagle on No. 7, she holed out from 122 yards with a 50-degree wedge, the club she used to hole out twice Saturday. She's the first tour player to follow an ace with an eagle on the next hole

The 38-year-old Diaz shot 2-under 70 in each round to finish the tournament at 2 under. She won her lone LPGA Tour title in 2004.

Source : http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/laura-diaz-makes-2nd-ace-in-2-days-at-kia1-033014

Wow. She needs to go buy a lottery ticket while she's on a roll!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cool.. Didn't Arnie do that at a tournament once on the same hole?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Cool.. Didn't Arnie do that at a tournament once on the same hole?

Yeah during a practice round and pro am

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1986-09-04/sports/8602220383_1_joey-sindelar-africa-hole

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I love stories of multiple aces. Thanks for sharing. I think Brendan Todd did this on the then-Nationwide Tour a few years ago, possibly the same hole. Ai Miyazato's older brother Yusaku did this in one of the Nevada tournaments a few years ago also, except his were both in the same round. Pocket aces in that state, go figure. Meanwhile, the 17th at TPC Scottsdale still has only been aced once in tournament history.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!