IGNORED

Golf Shoe Survey

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many pairs of golf shoes do you own?

• 4 to 10
    • 10 to 20
    • Imelda Marcos territory
    • Zero

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted three, since that's how many pairs i own. they are all foot-joys, dry joys. one pair are black saddles about ten years old, one are brown saddles probably 13 years old, and one pair are black wing tips could be 14 years old. i may have to replace the last pair next season. wouldn't wear anything but dry joys.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

I only have one pair. FootJoy contours. I like them a lot, but I am seriously thinking about trying the Adidas Tour II 360's, they are tight...but I have also wanted a pair of Footjoy classics since I tried a pair...they are solid and my feet stay very stable but they are pretty expensive too like the Adidas..

2... Callaway and Foot Joy. The Callaway's are in my golf course and the Foot Joy I used them if I go to other course.

The Callaway's are very comfortable.

Regards

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

2 pair Footjoy, 1 pair Ecco. Use the Footjoys when I walk and the Eccos when in a cart. Eccos are a little heavier. Like them all though.
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

Two pairs of FootJoy Gel Fusion IIs, one all black, one white with black saddle.

One pair Dexters I bought 10 years ago.

Oh I forgot, one pair of Nike Air ZZoom (look like sneakers and feel like pillows, but heavy).

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

4: Two pairs of Adidas 360's (most comfortable I've ever owned), Nike SP 6's (white with graphite swoosh) and an old pair of black Nike SP 5's that are beat, but I wear them when it gets a bit muddy in the winter.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Two pairs at the moment but I will be throwing away my old ones. Old ones are FJ Green Joys that I essentially wore out in a year and a half of play. At less than $50, they were great beginners shoes. I got my Adidas Powerbands 6-8 weeks ago and have been walking courses in them. Very comfortable and stable. All I could ask for in a golf shoe.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

Just one pair here....DryJoys. I dont think i have found any golf shoe that fits my foot better.
Driver: Burner 10.5* Fujikura Stiff
Hybrids: Rescue Mid 19* Stiff Burner Rescue 22*
Irons: 04 Big Bertha steel
Putter: White Hot 2 Ball
Balls: TP Black

one pair of mizunos...

if i don't watch where i am walking especially around slopes, then it will hurt at the end of 18 holes

probably will upgrade next year

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

1 Pair of E-Countour FootJoy's--White with Tan saddle Best Golf shoe I have ever owned.

1 Pair of Nike's--Brown with Black Saddle--Don't remember model number...good shoe but a little uncomfortable.

1 Old school I believe Augusta golf shoes from High School--many years ago. I found them in a random bag, and they will probably get thrown out sometime soon. They are steel spiked and are all white and have the laces cover and don't fit very well.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I have ten, although I normally rotate through about four of them. Three are Etonics which I find especially comfortable. I have a couple older pairs of addidas, although the Tour 360 Tour II's I picked up this year are my current favorite. I also have a couple pairs of FootJoy Classics I've never bothered to break in and two pairs of eComfort Footjoys which I think are one of the better bargains out there. The eComforts are certainly the most comfortable shoes I have, although they just don't provide the firm support I prefer when swinging. I'm due for a purge and will probably jettison the old addidas and one of the eComforts. I've my eye on one of the new FootJoy DryJoy models.

I prefer not to wear the same shoes from one round to the next. I use wooden shoe trees in all my shoes to absorb moisture so the leather can dry out by the next time I don them. I take such good care of them I usually just get tired of the style before they wear out.

At a recent Met Golf Writers gathering we were treated to the Ecco van full of examples of their great shoes. Very impressive. They're pretty expensive and the fit varies from one model to another. They don't come in widths so fitting can be dicey. Turns out only one of their models fit my semi-wide feet. But they're nice shoes. Maybe one day.

Actually, if I don't purge the wardrobe soon, it's possible I could turn into an Imelda.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
1) Addidas (Black) Sneaker Type with Addiprene soles- My Favorite
2) Nike also Sneaker Type (White) TaC
3) Recently got a Mizuno Black light weight golf shoes haven't tried it yet. It was part of the deal for the Mizuno MX 560 driver which was introduced in the Philippines last October. The driver's price was Philippine Pesos 19,500 but it was sold with a 10% discount and 5,000 Philippines Pesos worth Gift check with which I got the shoes, all weather gloves, ball marker and Cap.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I can not believe how many people said, One pair? If you play alot...that surprises me...I am wearing down my softspikes, find deals...got to have brown and black...new pair ever year or two. If I had just one pair, they would be trashed by the end of the year. I have five pairs that I rotate weather I am walking or riding or what I am wearing. (2) Pairs of Nike TW black airs and older all brown(needs new spikes and two pairs of socks.) 3 pairs of FJs.

Driver: Titleist 905S 8.5 Fuji Fit-on 11 Pro-95
3 Wood: Titleist 980F Fuji Speeder
5 Wood: Titleist 904F Fuji Speeder
Irons: Ping i-5 Black Dot
Wedges: 54 and 58 degree Cleveland 900 Gun MetalPutter: 35" White Hot Half Mallet (#4)Back up bag:Mizuno T-zoid ProTitleist K and D Divers

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!