IGNORED

Is Phil Mickelson fake?

supercow
Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is Phil Mickelson fake?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know/Maybe

Did you see the way Phil was missing the fairways with his "3 Wood" at the U.S. Open today ...... nothing fake about that!

OK, the "3 wood" is a bit of a fake, but he had to call it something I suppose.

The irony of this thread to me is that Phil is one of the more expressive, heart-on-his-sleave kind of guys on the tour. Not like some of the young robots you seen on the course these days. They're faking being flesh and blood, some of them.

Only kidding.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing fake about phil are his boobs, definately looks like he's had breast implants

Now that is funny. Not nice, but funny.

Have you noticed how they're getting less so by the week. The guy is turning into a regular bench-presser for Pete's sake. Me, I like a bit of corporeal diversity in our golfers, if you know what I mean.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Now that is funny. Not nice, but funny.

didn't notice, actually don't spend much time checking out the male golfer's muscles or boobs, its just kinda hard not to notice his... or the way they used to be

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Phil has won 34 PGA events, runner-up at 21 events and has totaled $49,206,296 in winnings for his carrer(not including US open money from this week). He has 135 top 10 finishes, is ranked 1st overall in scoring average, and has won 3 majors (two @ Masters and one PGA). He is a US amatuer champion (1990) and has been runner up at the US open 4 time (1999, 2002, 2004, 2006).

I think you're overrated.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Phil has won 34 PGA events, runner-up at 21 events and has totaled $49,206,296 in winnings for his carrer(not including US open money from this week). He has 135 top 10 finishes, is ranked 1st overall in scoring average, and has won 3 majors (two @ Masters and one PGA). He is a US amatuer champion (1990) and has been runner up at the US open 4 time (1999, 2002, 2004, 2006).

Yeah that may be the facts, but in my opinion he doesn't perform very well under pressure. I'll always call him Phil "Choke" Mickelson.

Yeah that may be the facts, but in my opinion he doesn't perform very well under pressure. I'll always call him Phil "Choke" Mickelson.

You mean like when he holed out that putt on 18 to win the Masters?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I understand why your asking this question, but I'm going to approach it in a different format...If Tiger Woods never came along, Phil Mickelson would be the number 1 player in the world, and would've been for a long time...not to take any credit away from Tiger Woods, but think about it....at Phil's age, with his wins, and runner-ups...we'd all be playing with 6 wedges and 3 drivers haha, and Nike wouldn't be anywhere in the golf industry....no Offense guys.

r11s TP 9 Aldila RIP'd NV 65 S
Burner Tour Launch TS 13 UST V2 S
TP Rescue 17 RE*AX TP85 H S
Tour Preferred Irons 3-AW Project X 5.5
Z Smoke TP Wedge 56/12 Project X 5.5 

Ghost Tour DA-12

Penta TP/Pro V1/Hex Black

• Administrator
I think Phil is WAY overrated...

That's not the topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 2 cents: Phil definitely throws out some corny answers during interviews. But the bottom line is, he has good intentions and is trying to not say something stupid.

The main thing i hate about Mick however is that his kids wear matching outfits EVERY FREAKIN WEEK! BOO THAT!

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

My 2 cents: Phil definitely throws out some corny answers during interviews. But the bottom line is, he has good intentions and is trying to not say something stupid.

Lol, I agree. There is a certain level of cheesyness with Phil. To me, he seems like a really funny guy that doesn't want to come off looking like a comedian. Personally, I think he's a great guy. I wish he would push Tiger a helluva lot more.

I don't know why I am so sure of this but I am.

Phil's wife dresses the kids.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Lol, I agree. There is a certain level of cheesyness with Phil. To me, he seems like a really funny guy that doesn't want to come off looking like a comedian. Personally, I think he's a great guy. I wish he would push Tiger a helluva lot more.

phil would make a good car saleman oh wait, he got fired from that job

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

phil would make a good car saleman oh wait, he got fired from that job

Would you buy a driver from this man?

Andrew

Would you buy a driver from this man?

yah, what's up with that? callaway is featuring him in this add about how great their driver is and then he doesn't play it in the open ford certainly couldn't keep him for their "ford tough" ads after his final hole at the u.s. open last year

• 6 years later...

Do you really think Phil is a nice guy out on the course and then goes home (behind closed doors) and is a mentally abusive pig to his wife, kids, family and a prick to all his reps? Its night and day, for that to happen he would pretty much be considered skitzophrenic.

Maybe people that say he's fake are just fake themselves.. the kind that would act nice to your face and talk sh*t behind your back. Personally I think the sports illustrated writers are retarded for putting Phil in the most hated article. His Cheshire Cat grin is what started this whole gong show, now its gone and all your left with is a bunch of people who actually like the guy.

you hit it right on the head.i personally feel like the guys that have issue or think phil is fake are jealous because he actually acknowledges the fans that cheer for him and pay to watch him.most of the tour players walk around like they are high and mighty and they don't like the idea of phil being so nice and being cheered for so much.i imagine deep down it makes them mad because they don't treat the fans the same.theres a lot of tour pros that say phil is great so ill believe them before ill believe some guys who sound jealous.

Record for revived thread? 6 yrs, 1 month. Phil isn't fake. Think Vijay started that crap with his buddy's adding to it. Phil probably treated Vijay like crap cuz he couldn't stand a cocky cheater.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!