IGNORED

Most Embarrassing Moments on the Course?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 1327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me two come to mind.

1: Years ago before I'd ever taken any lessons, playing with friends and a borrowed set of clubs from the 70's.  Something I've fought for years is a tendency to get completely tilted and unreasonably angry (especially unreasonable given my skill level...).  After whiffing twice then skulling 30 yards with like a 8i, getting back in the cart I whacked the tire with the club, not that hard, and snapped the shaft.  I felt horrible since the clubs were actually my friend's grandfathers' old clubs...  (related: this is something I seem to have finally made progress on, I haven't gotten mad on the course in a couple of years beyond maybe a muttered swear word or two)

2: Last round I played actually, was playing extremely well for me since +22 is still my best round ever, and was only like 3 over through 5.  Had a little fringey chip to try and get up and down for par, and decided to play a bump and run.  Grabbed a 6i and hit the ball to exactly the spot I picked, and it rolled about a foot or two more.  Realized I had a PW not a 6i...  Then managed to drag my putter on the next shot and it went another foot, still leaving me about 10 feet. At this point I overcompenste and send it 15 feet the other way and then 3 putt from there for a good old snowman.  This was my standard approach to chipping and putting until a few years ago...  Amazingly I was able to just laugh it off and still wound up with a decent-for-me score of +25.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was out with a few friends enjoying a friendly round of golf and consuming a few beers. There was a ladies league out at the time quite close to us. My partner really had to releive himself quite badle, and there was no where for him to go. I told him to just stand next to the cart and pee. He thought that would work, so I waited for him to "get it out" and when I was sure he was doing his business, I pulled the cart out of the way for all to see...LOL...Quite the moment...

Note: This thread is 1327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!