IGNORED

Can I PLEASE get a ruling on breaking the GPS???

tomkatpoker
Note: This thread is 3609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I own a golf course and a company leases me their GPS system (incase your unaware, almost all GPS systems are leased) I would want to inquire about any insurance incase a golfer breaks one. That's thinking like a businessman which we need more of.

• 2 weeks later...

If I own a golf course and a company leases me their GPS system (incase your unaware, almost all GPS systems are leased) I would want to inquire about any insurance incase a golfer breaks one. That's thinking like a businessman which we need more of.

I have full coverage insurance on my home and vehicles...but if someone else damages it I shouldn't have to file a claim and eat the deductible.

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

My thought would be that assuming the cart part is like basically every other cart path on the planet and goes next to the tee box, your dude should have to pay assuming the device worked in the first place.

With this said, it was broke already, I get you broke it worse, but maybe a compromise of meeting in the middle would suffice.

Regarding not paying if they ask you to: this is fine and dandy, they aren't going to come after you. As stated that would cost more than they will get, but don't plan on ever playing there again.

What planet are you on?  On this planet, it's not unknown for the path to approach the general vicinity of the tee boxes, but then require a player on the back tees to walk back there - I've seen holes where you would walk 30 or 40 yards to the back tee.  One hole I play regularly even requires a walk back some 20 yards from where the cart is parked to get to the second and third tees.  It isn't that uncommon.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What planet are you on?  On this planet, it's not unknown for the path to approach the general vicinity of the tee boxes, but then require a player on the back tees to walk back there - I've seen holes where you would walk 30 or 40 yards to the back tee.  One hole I play regularly even requires a walk back some 20 yards from where the cart is parked to get to the second and third tees.  It isn't that uncommon.

Yeah, I play a few courses where if you play the back couple of sets of tees you are basically hitting right over where you have to park the carts.

Also, I noticed your signature ... congrats on getting to play golf regularly again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yeah, I play a few courses where if you play the back couple of sets of tees you are basically hitting right over where you have to park the carts.

Also, I noticed your signature ... congrats on getting to play golf regularly again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep... still a couple of months, but we start packing stuff up this week, as soon as the packing boxes and materials arrive on the boat from Nassau. :-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I would go as far as saying it's common here in CO, especially the back tees. I've seen some crazy stuff. At The Ranch CC hole 12 has a set of tees that don't even have a path going to them. Actually have to cross a bridge and turn into the fairway and travel back along a ditch. About 15 yards to the left of 14 green there are two boxes back there. They have markers out there every time there is a tournament. At my former home course the path only goes back as far as the forward tees on hole 4 both the whites and blues are behind it. If you have anyone not playing back there they hide behind the carts while others hit. I've actually seen people shank balls into carts on the fairway.

I would notify the pro shop and let them know I damaged something.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!