IGNORED

Are you a member?

Peter_in_Atl
Note: This thread is 6280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a member at my course. It is owned by a management company that also managed other courses and my membership extends to all of them. In total, I believe there would be close to 20 course in a 4 state area I can play without having to pay greens fees. I get unlimited range balls and cart usage at my home course, but have to pay for them on the other courses. Still, for $190 per month, it is the best deal going.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Glad we could help!

LOL, right now I'm debating on whether the course will be drained enough to play on tomorrow after work. I'm tired of practicing chipping & dry-swinging in the yard, I wanna whack one good. :0)

I lease a membership at a local country club. There are a couple of members that own their memberships but don’t play anymore so they lease them out for the amount of the annual dues ($605), that way they don’t have to pay the annual fees but they do keep the equity membership. For the $605 I get unlimited golf and fishing, but have to pay for the range. A season pass to the range is around $200 extra.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I have the best membership around. Instead of shelling out thousands of dollars a year, I went to work part time at the course. I work one or two days a week and I have free carts, green fees, and range balls. Not only that I get huge discounts on golf equipment, and I can play 5 or 6 other courses in the area for free as well. And for all these benefits get this THEY PAY ME!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the best membership around. Instead of shelling out thousands of dollars a year, I went to work part time at the course. I work one or two days a week and I have free carts, green fees, and range balls. Not only that I get huge discounts on golf equipment, and I can play 5 or 6 other courses in the area for free as well. And for all these benefits get this THEY PAY ME!

That is me this spring. I retired the first of the year, and I'm going to be working part time as a starter at my home course.

I've never been a member of a private club, both because of cost and because it tends to be too restricting. I like to play other courses, and I know guys in private clubs who NEVER play anywhere else but their home course. I'm in the Men's Golf club at my public course, and that gives me the opportunity for competition, maintains my handicap, but only costs me $110 a year plus fees for each tournament I enter. Granted that it can be more difficult to get tee times, but a friend of mine has almost as much trouble getting on his private course on the weekends.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a member of a 18 hole par 72 course. I have been for 2 years and its great. I have something called a Range pass where you get unlimited range balls for 90 bucks each year. Great deal seeing as i would spend over 300 dollars in range buckets. We get free pull carts.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I guess it truly is a different world out here in California. "Semi Private" generally refers to resort courses, which can be anywhere from $100 to $350 for green fees. Private refers to country clubs. I belong to a club. Current memberships run about $65,000 (there are some much, much, much more expensive), plus monthly dues of $350, plus quarterly minimums (for food and beverage) of $350.

That's what it's like by me as well.

Public, but privatly owned is around $70 Semi-Private, $100 to a few hundred plus and private where the sky is the limit...
Driver: SQ 9.5* w/ Aldila NV 65 Stiff
3 Wood: X-Tour 13* w/ Aldila NV 65 Stiff
Irons: 3-PW 695MB w/ True Tempor Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Vokey 250.08 Oil Can, 254.10 Oil Can, SM60.08 Tour Chrome
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3

I'm in the air force, so the 18 hole course on base has $270 a year annual greens.
Which seems pretty good but I think I'll wait for the moment, just gettin back into golf and I want to see how much
I play this year.
That and in wyoming you only get 4 months a year to golf so...

In the Bag

FT-3 10* Draw
Big Bertha 04 3 wood 15*
Heavenwood Hybrid 2H 17* Big Bertha 06 irons 3-SW White Hot XG #1 Putter Fusion Tour Staff Bag Hx Tour BallI'm a bit of a junky

After reading in another thread about how the weather prevents you guys playing year round in some places and how much membership costs you then I reckon you'd all be doing yourselves a big favour if you moved down here to Australia!

Membership at a course down here will cost you annually about $500 for an average sort of course, about $1,000 - $2,000 for a very very good course and about $5,000 - $10,000 or so for a see it on TV over summer read about it in magazines all the time course. For the more expensive tracks you usually also have a once off joining fee, cost for the joining fee is usually about the same as 12 months membership.

Included in your membership price is as much golf as you want to play with no additional fee, no food or beverage fees (some of the very expensive clubs may have a nominal fee) and you also have access to competition rounds every weekend and often on a weekday as well. Comp rounds will usually have a nominal comp fee of say $10-20 but you'll win that back in vouchers over a year generally.

One more nice thing, if you are a member of a golf club you can play in "open" days at other courses, not all courses have open days but 95% of them do. Open days are usually midweek and you can play in a comp round at another club for the cost of the comp fee, usually $20 or so. Sometimes a course will hit you for a nominal green fee on an open day but not often.

And the last thing, our dollar is worth about 80c to yours, all prices I mentioned are in Aussie dollars so that makes the value even better for you.

Note: This thread is 6280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!