IGNORED

2014 Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo Summer Get-Together (August 16-17)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Single Club Tournament Rules:

1. We're going to play as many holes as we can before it's dark, then drive through the rest so y'all can see the rest of the course.
  2. Form your own teams of three or four (we'll see how many people we have). Try to balance the handicaps since it is a scramble. Mike and I reserve the right to swap players before the start of the round to attempt to do so if you cannot. :)
  3. Everyone on the team has to use the same club - if your group chooses 5-iron, you use a 5-iron. For every shot.
  4. Everyone on the team starts with three golf balls each. If you run out, you're out. You can borrow a ball from a teammate to continue playing. I recommend bringing a few Pinnacles or something.
  5. Laser range-finders and GPS are permitted.
  6. White tees, most likely, subject to a game-time decision.
  7. Scramble rules apply. You cannot change type of surface - fairway stays in fairway, rough in rough.
  8. Do not take this seriously at all. Have fun, and check out the course.
  9. You must use everyone's tee shot once every six holes. If you forget, don't sweat it, but try to remember.

Mike and I will buy the winning team a free round of drinks at the restaurant afterward.

Mike and I will fill in on teams of our own choosing and based on an as-needed basis and to attempt to balance the handicaps if one group has some higher handicappers or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Participants

1. In no particular order:
  2. @vasaribm 15.6
  3. @saevel25 6.6
  4. @cipher 4.7
  5. @Jeremie Boop 24.2
  6. @CarlSpackler 14.8
  7. @billchao 19.7
  8. @georgep 8.4
  9. @jamo 1.2
  10. @cedrictheo 4.2
  11. @Divot Master 13.6
  12. @Lihu 15.1
  13. @Rob Thompson 0.3
  14. @GolfLug 14.0
  15. @BradSomrak 9.1
  16. @rwolfe 13.3
  17. @Rob Thompson guest (Mac McD) 7.0

I have a few alternates too. If two of them can play, Mike and I may play. But again, we prefer not to.

1. @iacas 0.0
  2. @iacas guest ( @mvmac ) 0.0

Tentative teams are…

Prizes:

- Everyone will get two sleeves of Callaway SR2 balls!

- Each member of the winning team gets a great Callaway Players Towel and Hat!

For the MVP (both overall and on the winning team) we have two additional prizes. We aren't sure which we'll give to which, but they are…

A Callaway X2 Hot Fairway Metal

A GAME Golf GPS/Tracking System

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Then I'm happy to be on @saevel25's team.

Ouch....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I'm happy to be on the team I'm on!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

What? He always wins the prediction contests.

Yep. Should be fun!

I'm picking Rory to shoot -10 at Whispering Woods!!! :-P

Yep, looking forward to this weekend!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Single club tournament sounds fun!

Taking the red-eye to Buffalo tomorrow night, see you guys soon!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Prediction contest? Predict scores? Winning team? Score? Best new comer?

First player to lose all three balls in the one club challenge...

Single club tournament sounds fun!

Taking the red-eye to Buffalo tomorrow night, see you guys soon!

Looking forward to meeting you.

- Shane

First player to lose all three balls in the one club challenge...

Looking forward to meeting you.

I think there's a safe bet on the first person to run out of golf balls.....

Who's got two thumbs and will be that guy??

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I think there's a safe bet on the first person to run out of golf balls.....

Who's got two thumbs and will be that guy??

On the first hole!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On the first hole!!!

:censored:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

BTW, I think @mvmac and I will play as a team in the scramble, and if we win, y'all can split our meals.

We'll be at a disadvantage because we're only two players versus three or four.

BTW, I think @mvmac and I will play as a team in the scramble, and if we win, y'all can split our meals.

We'll be at a disadvantage because we're only two players versus three or four.

.... Not sure that's much of a disadvantage, should be interesting nonetheless since I'll be in the cart for most of the competition

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
.... Not sure that's much of a disadvantage, should be interesting nonetheless since I'll be in the cart for most of the competition

Bah. Your group will probably choose a mid-iron. Keep it in play. :)

Just don't top it, or chunk it on the first hole :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!