IGNORED

Golf Hacks: Tips and Tricks

westcyderydin
Note: This thread is 3619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty much a one wedge guy around the greens, 56 degree sandwedge. I prefer it better. I like controlling trajectory with one club over using multiple clubs.

That (per se) doesn't contradict my tip. The mistake is to not go with the more consistent shot with spin and trajectory. The safe and consistent shot doesn't have to mean changing clubs, just technique.

Many times I have a higher lofted club than my final decision would dictate optimum. Sometimes I might change clubs but much more often I just change the loft and technique with the club I have to match my tip.

How do you make a bunker shot to within 1 foot then miss that putt? I don't see how that could happen.

the sand shot was excellent - certainly golf channel worthy considering that I'm high capper. I hit the sand JUST BEHIND the ball, so I was able to backspin the ball quite well.

the putt was quite close, quite close... :cry:

It went around the edge of the hole and bounced off to the left.

Technically… according to the PGA Tour…

Quote:

The percent of time a player was able to get 'up and down' once in a greenside sand bunker (regardless of score).

Doesn't have to be for par.

I always wondered what would happen if a player hit it in a greenside bunker, hit across the green into another bunker, left it in the bunker, and then holed out his third bunker shot. Would he get 67% sand saves for just that one hole? :)

:-D Thanks Erik, that lighthearted scenario started my morning on the right note.   Interesting conundrum. :hmm:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the sand shot was excellent - certainly golf channel worthy considering that I'm high capper. I hit the sand JUST BEHIND the ball, so I was able to backspin the ball quite well. the putt was quite close, quite close...:cry: It went around the edge of the hole and bounced off to the left.

You (and I) need to practice hitting the back of the cup on anything less than 3 feet!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!