IGNORED

Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100

Gipper
Note: This thread is 1364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The thing is, when you get it down, it literally only takes seconds. I just wanted to try and be as clear as possible :)

The thing is, when you get it down, it literally only takes seconds. I just wanted to try and be as clear as possible :)

I have never thought of putting my club across my chest to check alignment. I think the best way I can describe it is that it seems you're checking to make sure everything is right in your set up whereas I'm checking to make sure nothing is wrong, haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have never thought of putting my club across my chest to check alignment. I think the best way I can describe it is that it seems you're checking to make sure everything is right in your set up whereas I'm checking to make sure nothing is wrong, haha.

Just remember, the club across the chest trick only works if your shoulders are aligned with your feet. Another one i learned the hard way was that if you don't focus on just moving your head, you'll accidentally move your shoulders. If you're right handed, your grip could be pointing right at the target when you check, but when you turn back, your shoulders close and you're actually lined up right of target. I still catch myself doing this from time to time.

I started using the whole "intermediate target" method and it has helped. I usually take a practice swing, then get behind the ball and find the target line and an intermediate target. I then get lined up, check my feet and shoulders and do some waggling. Last round I added 2 or 3 deep breaths before swinging. I just concentrated on my breathing (very zen, I know) and it really helped me relax before shots. Very big help....until I blew up on the 15th and got too pissed to calm down. Still a work in progress but improving mentally

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Just remember, the club across the chest trick only works if your shoulders are aligned with your feet. Another one i learned the hard way was that if you don't focus on just moving your head, you'll accidentally move your shoulders. If you're right handed, your grip could be pointing right at the target when you check, but when you turn back, your shoulders close and you're actually lined up right of target. I still catch myself doing this from time to time.

Too bad you're in Texas and probably won't make the NE TST golf outing so I could get a better idea of what you do.

Or maybe you can do a vid so I can get a better sense! :)

Christian

Okay, i finally found the video. I basically copied exactly what she said and added in the aiming part. [URL]http://youtu.be/-oeoXV4-2J8[/URL]

Okay, i finally found the video. I basically copied exactly what she said and added in the aiming part. http://youtu.be/-oeoXV4-2J8

Pretty cool.

I think I'm going to incorporate this.

Christian

I'm curious, how many guys here have a routine to set up to the ball on all their shots and putts?

I just tried one routine for every shot today with really good results. It might not be optimal, but it was the same exact thing every time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hi all , new here. Played st andrewss Dukes course and shot 97.

Welcome and congrats!

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

My Father's Day present just arrived. I am the proud new owner of a golf buddy voice. I am hoping knowing the proper distance will be good for a couple strokes a round.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

I just tried one routine for every shot today with really good results. It might not be optimal, but it was the same exact thing every time.

It'll take practice but you're already ahead of the game by developing a repeatable process.

It'll take practice but you're already ahead of the game by developing a repeatable process.

Yeah, I can see the benefit of having a very consistent pre-shot routine.

I just need one that helps me not over hit greens from 40-70 yards away, and avoids all the other stupid things I am doing. :doh:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

shot a legit 96 today! pretty excited about it, inconsistent driving and long irons were made up by a better short iron and putting game.

• Upvote 1

Mike

In the Bag:

Nike VR_S Covert Driver

Nike VR_S Covert Hybrid 3

Nike  VR_S Covert 4i-AW

Titleist Vokey 60* Wedge

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

:nike:   :titleist:   :tmade:   :oakley:   :bridgestone:    :srixon:

shot a legit 96 today! pretty excited about it, inconsistent driving and long irons were made up by a better short iron and putting game.

Congrats on breaking 100!!!

Sounds like your scoring really saved you. Just think when you can straighten those drives out. Exciting isnt it?

thanks for the congratulations, it definately feels good.  really looking to keep my score consistently around there as i'm shooting for my official handicap.  really excited to straighten out my long shots, i hit a few great ones.. just inconsistent right now.  i really focused on keeping penalties to a minimum and it paid off.

Mike

In the Bag:

Nike VR_S Covert Driver

Nike VR_S Covert Hybrid 3

Nike  VR_S Covert 4i-AW

Titleist Vokey 60* Wedge

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

:nike:   :titleist:   :tmade:   :oakley:   :bridgestone:    :srixon:

thanks for the congratulations, it definately feels good.  really looking to keep my score consistently around there as i'm shooting for my official handicap.  really excited to straighten out my long shots, i hit a few great ones.. just inconsistent right now.  i really focused on keeping penalties to a minimum and it paid off.

I think thats a smart strategy for breaking 100. Always account for your misses, play to the safest spot, and take your medicine. The other day I had to punch out 3 times, had 0 up and downs and only hit 4 or 5 fairways, about 4 or 5 three putts, and still somehow managed an 82. No lost balls and playing it safe on every shot let me just focus on hitting the green and getting 2 putts. Really not trying to brag, just making a point that if you manage your misses and take hero shots and danger out of the equation, you can save your round even when a lot of things are going wrong.

Note: This thread is 1364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!