IGNORED

Brand New Here, But Not To Golf

Patch
Note: This thread is 3589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Howdy all. Just signed up a few days ago. Finally getting back into golf after several months of recuperating from a collision with a drunk driver. After some loss of memory, and  a  few surgeries  I will be playing my first round of golf on a real course within the nest few days. I had been playing golf for the past 40 years at the time of the accident. I made it all the way down to 5 handicap during my best playing days. If I had had more time to play and practice I am pretty sure I could have made it to scratch. I have shot par before on a few courses. Best score was a 70, (4 times) on a par 71 course.   I am self taught, never having taken a lesson. For the past few months I have been working my way back, practicing with the short stuff (150 yards) on a make shift practice range hitting off a mat.  My longer shots will be suspect for a while, but I don't care, as I will be back playing again. Anything under 90 will be most satisfying. I am retired, and my wife and I travel while volunteering at various national parks.  Right now we are in southern Nevada in the Lake Mead area. Hot weather will be good for the healing processes. {:<)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome aboard Patch. Hope you fully recovered from the accident, I won't get into drunk drivers here. Anywho, good luck on your comeback to golf. I've done some bass fishing on lake Mead, great place cept for the heat..lol Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the site

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!