IGNORED

2014 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can only speak for myself but my "answer" is in the answer I already gave. I like to watch stars and I'll go out of my way to watch them. If there are no stars I probably won't watch unless I have nothing else to do. That holds for every sport, both individual and team sports. I probably watched more basketball when Jordan was playing than I have in the rest of my life combined. If I turn to a college football game and The Citadel is playing East Carolina I'm probably going to go mow the yard. If Florida is playing LSU I'm probably going to forget the yard mowing until it's over. If Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays or Hank Aaron was due up in a inning and I had to go to the bathroom I held it until the next half inning. I don't know if I'm a "true fan" of those sports or not but if I'm not I've sure spent a lot of time around ballfields and courts, for somebody that's not. I watch if it interests me and I don't watch if it doesn't. No offense meant toward the Joe Averages of professional or college sports but I have better things to do than to watch them for very long.

What's a star? Is Patrick Reed a star? How do you know?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What's a star? Is Patrick Reed a star? How do you know?

I assume you are talking to me. Anybody I consider a star. After all I am the one deciding who I want to watch so I figure I get to decide who a star is. Not to me (yet anyway). Because it's my perception that makes me watch or not watch. Judging from the ratings I'm not alone in that particular perception. The best thing about it is that you get to decide who you want to watch and who is a star and whether you even like stars. If enough people join you then I'll be watching somebody else whether I like it or not.

I assume you are talking to me. Anybody I consider a star. After all I am the one deciding who I want to watch so I figure I get to decide who a star is. Not to me (yet anyway). Because it's my perception that makes me watch or not watch. Judging from the ratings I'm not alone in that particular perception. The best thing about it is that you get to decide who you want to watch and who is a star and whether you even like stars. If enough people join you then I'll be watching somebody else whether I like it or not.

At what point did you consider Tiger a "star"? Worthy if your attention? Is Justin Rose a star? How about Davis Love III? Just looking for some perspective...

In David's bag....

At what point did you consider Tiger a "star"? Worthy if your attention? Is Justin Rose a star? How about Davis Love III? Just looking for some perspective...

Look, I answered a question about why people watch who they watch and gave my perspective. I even said I could only speak for myself. You are free to watch who you want to watch and the same goes for the rest of us. Whoever is driving the ratings is who they are going to show the most. But if we are going to continue this game, Tiger was THE star when I first started paying any attention to golf, and was probably the only current golfer I could have named at that time, so that's probably when he became worthy of my attention. As for the other two, evidently not to me because I don't go out of my way to watch either of them.

Look, I answered a question about why people watch who they watch and gave my perspective. I even said I could only speak for myself. You are free to watch who you want to watch and the same goes for the rest of us. Whoever is driving the ratings is who they are going to show the most. But if we are going to continue this game, Tiger was THE star when I first started paying any attention to golf, and was probably the only current golfer I could have named at that time, so that's probably when he became worthy of my attention. As for the other two, evidently not to me because I don't go out of my way to watch either of them.

Is there anyone, in all of golf that you consider "a star"? Again, just looking for perspective....

In David's bag....

Phil is definitely a star. Id say bubba is getting close as well as Rory. But I totally understand what ms256 is saying. Im basically the same type of sports fan he is. I watch basically all NFL football that's my favorite sport. Besides that I only watch a few team or players in every other sport. I watch Tiger, majors, and lately Wie in golf. The brewers only in baseball. Some bucks and nba playoffs (I watch the heat as well but it depends what other sports are on). WI, Marquette, and the tourney in NCAA basketball. A decent amount of boxers but all of Floyd mayweather ect... Id aassume if golf is to you like football is to me watching every week is what you would do but I doubt that's the case for a lot of viewers. That's why the ratings are shit when Tiger isn't playing.

If only Brendon de Jonge could get hot on the back nine, so we could have the possibility of a Brendan-Brendan-Brendon playoff.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If only Brendon de Jonge could get hot on the back nine, so we could have the possibility of a Brendan-Brendan-Brendon playoff.

Yeah and two of those Brendans are boring as shit. Fatass Brendon needs to birdie his last 6 to have a shot

Riley

WTF is going on with these guys today? Top 5 Reed just slicing everything. Jacobson cant putt anymore. Nol doesnt know how to chip apparently. Just bad golf today and poor shots all around. It doesnt seem like the course is getting to these guys as much as its just bad golf today.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Rose looks solid, other than that, nothing very special. Reed has really thrown it into reverse!

In David's bag....

WTF is going on with these guys today? Top 5 Reed just slicing everything. Jacobson cant putt anymore. Nol doesnt know how to chip apparently. Just bad golf today and poor shots all around. It doesnt seem like the course is getting to these guys as much as its just bad golf today.

Course tearing people apart, much much worse than 2011. Andres Romero shot the round of the day a 68, and he's T5 now

Riley

What a weird shot for Rose to hit. Not sure what he was trying to do. Maybe trying to play it short left and just hooked it?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Course tearing people apart, much much worse than 2011. Andres Romero shot the round of the day a 68, and he's T5 now

+1    This course is absolutely brutal today.

Love the way my cousin Ben is fighting back on the back nine though. He probably won't win it but he's making a bid to get to the Open.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

+1    This course is absolutely brutal today. Love the way my cousin Ben is fighting back on the back nine though. He probably won't win it but he's making a bid to get to the Open.

He'll get in. I was hoping Andres Romero would get in, but whatevs

Riley

He'll get in. I was hoping Andres Romero would get in, but whatevs

Sounds like he did....they just said top 4 and ties.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Note: This thread is 3589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!