IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

@boogielicious I recorded a quick video to show you what I texted you last week.

Drop the hands and hit the ball from down there. You’ll be under and swinging way out and be forced to rotate to hit the ball because your arms basically ran out of room to move.

I think when you pump you bring the hands back up too high and then your old hand path creeps in. You can see a little bit of a pump in my video but I’m wasn’t actively pumping - it was more of a subconscious reaction to trying to hit the ball from a static position.

Exaggerate the shit out of it. Train your body to feel that you can hit the ball out of this way under position and it will bleed into your motion when you speed it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the video @billchao  I noticed that too with that drill. I go up too much then out. I am making progress though and will post video later today 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I’ve been working on path since my Erie visit, which has been an issue with the driver. I’m also working on getting the left leg to drive back. This drill below has been my focus. I want the feel of the club going down and back from the top. I also want to feel my left hip driving back. The down feel is getting more repeatable. I still have trouble with the leg though. This one below is better than the others I’ve filmed, but even though I feel like I’m only doing a small pump, it’s longer than it feels. My hands also still go out more than I think they should. I also have a headcover down to remind me to swing out. I do have a pool noodle, but I find it distracting. 

It was wicked humid when I filmed this. So I didn’t get a face on.

For the full swing, I’m trying to continue those feels. Path looks better, but left leg could drive back more.

Scott

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve been working on path since my Erie visit, which has been an issue with the driver. I’m also working on getting the left leg to drive back. This drill below has been my focus. I want the feel of the club going down and back from the top. I also want to feel my left hip driving back. The down feel is getting more repeatable. I still have trouble with the leg though. This one below is better than the others I’ve filmed, but even though I feel like I’m only doing a small pump, it’s longer than it feels. My hands also still go out more than I think they should. I also have a headcover down to remind me to swing out. I do have a pool noodle, but I find it distracting. 

It was wicked humid when I filmed this. So I didn’t get a face on.

For the full swing, I’m trying to continue those feels. Path looks better, but left leg could drive back more.

I think the pump is fine. For the hip part, your leg should be more \ than |.

For me it feels like I’m driving the pressure from the ball of my left foot into my heel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Worked with the BB 2000 and pool noodle today as aids. Path is looking a bit better and the leg thrust is improving but still need a bit more.

Without the BB 2000

Driver. I submitted these to Evolvr.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I sent some video in to Evolvr and things are improving. Erik asked me to make an adjustment to my setup and I feel kind of silly because I knew to do that. But sometimes I get get so focused on the priority piece that I forget other simple things. 

Basically, when I set up with my driver head grounded, I have to account for the center of the face being closer to me because of the elevation of the face at impact. So if I set up grounded, the ball has to be closer to the toe. It’s simple. 

I did a session with just focusing on set up and using the other feels I’ve been working on. 

First set of ten. I was a little low on the face so I teed up a bit higher.

IMG_5585.jpeg

Second set. Still some low ones but no toe or heel.

IMG_5586.jpeg
Set up with irons is different because the club is grounded at impact. A little toward the toe with five shots.  
IMG_5587.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Scott

My Swing Thread

Last round and practice I seem to be hitting lower on the face with driver. It was center but low. Today I worked on it again. It was still low at the start, but then I narrowed my stance a bit and it seemed to help. I’m playing the ball at my heel.

The first four or five hits were the lower ones. The last five were the higher ones. I’ll keep working on this.

RenderedContent-3B460EB0-BBA4-475B-B9FB-196B7A8D36C8.jpeg

6 iron. That’s two hits.

RenderedContent-4F3EB99E-05DD-46DC-8098-E4CEA426A2BC.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

Scott, I would highly suggest you retain your wrist hinge a tad more when dropping the arms for shallowing.

Seems like you are simply dropping your club head behind you to shallow. I get that it's an exaggerated feel but remember, elbow needs to drop way more when you shallow- almost to your belt buckle. You should feel your right side ribs dropping closer to you thigh a bit too. 

image.pngimage.png

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Scott, I would highly suggest you retain your wrist hinge a tad more when dropping the arms for shallowing.

Seems like you are simply dropping your club head behind you to shallow. I get that it's an exaggerated feel but remember, elbow needs to drop way more when you shallow- almost to your belt buckle. You should feel your right side ribs dropping closer to you thigh a bit too. 

image.pngimage.png

image.png

You’re talking about adding right side bend? It’s not something we talked about during Scott’s lessons.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

You’re talking about adding right side bend? It’s not something we talked about during Scott’s lessons.

No.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
On 7/6/2023 at 5:56 PM, GolfLug said:

No.

That's what it sounded like to me:

On 7/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, GolfLug said:

You should feel your right side ribs dropping closer to you thigh a bit too. 

For the record, I am not a big fan of adding right side bend very early in the downswing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That's what it sounded like to me:

For the record, I am not a big fan of adding right side bend very early in the downswing.

I said no because right side bend occurs much later. That's not at all what I said.

Drop elbow not club head. When I drop elbow it feels like ribs drop a bit. Its a feel.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

That's not at all what I said.

Drop elbow not club head. When I drop elbow it feels like ribs drop a bit. Its a feel.

Vishal, buddy… you said something that doesn't happen, that is just a feel, then told us "that's not at all what I said?" 😛 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, GolfLug said:

You should feel your right side ribs dropping closer to you thigh a bit too. 

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Vishal, buddy… you said something that doesn't happen, that is just a feel, then told us "that's not at all what I said?" 😛 

Literally what I wrote Bossman.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
Just now, GolfLug said:

Literally what I wrote Bossman.

He doesn't want to actually do that, though, is the point.

Your feels are not Scott's. You have to be very careful giving someone else your feels. I greatly prefer to talk about, when I'm not literally with the person, what they actually need to do, not what the feel is, because if Scott actually did what you're saying he should feel, it would probably not work for him.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

He doesn't want to actually do that, though, is the point.

Yeah, I picked up on that much.  

Vishal S.

@GolfLug, I do appreciate your comments. You guys see things I don’t. My priority piece is club head path and face to path. At Erie, I was OTT and face was open to path at impact. To correct, I need to have the hands drop down from the top not out toward the ball and let the face close to path in that transition. That’s the rehearsal move I’m doing.

The feel I use is to feel like the driver head will hit the ground behind me a foot or two off my toe line. That seems to be working the best right now. It closes the face to path and gets the club path inside out. It’s going to take a few months to make this more permanent I think.

I’m also working on the EE with this. Hands down first then left leg pushes the left hip back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread