• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sj12

Wrist Hinge

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I havent logged on in awhile but recently i've been struggling with my wrist hinge on the take away. Does anyone know how to tell if my wrist hinge is incorrect? And maybe a picture or diagram showing the proper wrist hinge. Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You can hinge your wrists early in the takeaway or nearing the top - most people do it near the top.      I would only use as much wrist hinge as you're comfortable with - it's easy to overdue it, which leads me to being inconsistent.     I have been working on just using enough, but not too much hinge - it's all about feel.    The more hinge, the more distance, but the less consistency - you have to find your comfort zone.

Thanks for the reply. I have a question, most teachers say you should hinge your wrists up to the sky. This feels extremely uncomfortable to me and usually causes a terrible day for ball striking. The most comfortable wrist hinge is shaped like this \ instead of up if you were facing my swing from behind. Is it ok to hinge at an angle?

You can hinge your wrists early in the takeaway or nearing the top - most people do it near the top.

I think most people do it continuously throughout the entire backswing.

Where they feel they hinge their wrists varies, but graphs and accurate measurements would show that they're hinging/cocking from the start, and continuously move throughout the backswing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply. I have a question, most teachers say you should hinge your wrists up to the sky. This feels extremely uncomfortable to me and usually causes a terrible day for ball striking. The most comfortable wrist hinge is shaped like this \ instead of up if you were facing my swing from behind. Is it ok to hinge at an angle?

@sj12

It would help if you posted a video of your swing in the Members Swings section.  We could see what you are doing.  Also post the alternate way you think teachers are telling us.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For my swing I don't think about it , my wrist hinge is passive and I use gravity to assist hinging on the way down When I start to think about it I start to flip my wrist Those times that I tend think about it and flip a bit is a putting from off the fringe and flopping