IGNORED

Haney Supports Tiger for a Change

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hank Haney came to Tiger's defense in this report:

Hank Haney, Woods' former swing coach, who has been one of Woods' most vocal critics since they stopped working together in 2010, told the Golf Channel that he never saw anything out of the ordinary in Galea's treatment of Woods.

"I was there and watched the whole procedure," Haney said. "There was never anything that went into Tiger Woods 's body that didn't come out of his body. They take blood out, they spin it, they inject the plasma back in. I totally believe that Tiger Woods has never taken any performance-enhancing drugs."

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-paid-anthony-galea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says?sct=hp3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hank has been consistent on this issue, to his credit.

Also, that report is weird. It doesn't say that Tiger used PEDS, just that he paid a Galea and the other doctor for treatment. It's not quite the bombshell its being made out to be. I'm sure if the author had found any evidence of Tiger using PED's they would've explicitly said so.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

And if Tiger DID do anything shady Hank Haney would've LOVED to break the news.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Yeah, I think this is a bit of a non-story. Folks wanting to create smoke where there is none.

Michael

Any athlete that performs at the top of their sport will now be questioned about PED's.  As a NY'er it was funny because for years people speculated that ARod used them, but the defense was he didn't show any of the normal signs in the way Bonds and others did.  As we learned, PED's aren't just about getting bigger and stronger they are also beneficial to healing and recovery.

I suspect the PED's cloud will always surround Tiger, much as it did for ARod and Lance Armstrong since it's impossible to prove they didn't take them and there's always the possibility that at some point someone will come out with proof that they did.

It's good to see Haney take the high road with Tiger this time.

Joe Paradiso

Yeah, I think this is a bit of a non-story. Folks wanting to create smoke where there is none.

Want some clicks on your article, stick Tiger's name in the headline. That's basically all I saw there.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!