IGNORED

Rory has no star power

skydog
Note: This thread is 3543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Crim

You'd also be amazed at the number of Americans that can't name one soccer team. Not one.

Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands... :-D

US men's national team. Boom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands...

:dance:

or smarty pants. Allow me to rephrase.

You'd be surprise how many Americans don't know there are professional soccer teams out there that are not national.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

You'd also be amazed at the number of Americans that can't name one soccer team. Not one.

Off the top of my head

Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Everton, Bayern Munich, Intermilan, LA Galaxy, NY Red Bulls, Chicago Fire, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, DC United, Tottenham Spurs, Athletico Madrid, PSG - Paris Saint Germain, ....

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Off the top of my head

Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Everton, Bayern Munich, Intermilan, LA Galaxy, NY Red Bulls, Chicago Fire, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, DC United, Tottenham Spurs, Athletico Madrid, PSG - Paris Saint Germain, ....

You are a rarity, I could only name four. I guarantee none of my closest family and friends can name one.

Joel Holden

Off the top of my head Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Everton, Bayern Munich, Intermilan, LA Galaxy, NY Red Bulls, Chicago Fire, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, DC United, Tottenham Spurs, Athletico Madrid, PSG - Paris Saint Germain, ....

[IMG]http://www.autumn-people.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/thumbs_up_happy_face.jpg[/IMG]

Riley

Off the top of my head

Millwall too.

Hell, I watched Green Street Hooligans at least 20 times...

(FYI: Search YouTube for it. The entire movie is on it and it's well worth it. I think the movie was pretty badass.)

You're an American who likes Millwall?!!!

No, I was just adding to the list of names lol. They're the main focus in Green Street Hooligans as West Ham's firm's largest rival. Green Street Elite is West Ham's firm (GSE).

Be concerned.

If you want, ask random people off the street and you'll realize that not only will they look at you strangely...but frankly they won't care in the least. Ireland is just Ireland to the average American. A place that's green and has a ton of pubs.

That's been my experience too Crim. The level of ignorance is staggering.

It's one of the reasons why a band like U2 (middle class from Dublin's suburbs) singing about the troubles in the north (a place they had no exposure to in their formative years) was lapped up by Americans. Those songs were written for the American market in the knowledge that no one was going to turn round and say what's any of this got to do with Dublin? If you want to get a clearer picture then there are plenty of Belfast bands from the same period who are less celebrated. Try looking up the lyrics for 'Each Dollar a Bullet' by Stiff Little Fingers. It's a much nearer testimony - and yes I know that's completely off topic

I should also say I've been to Dublin a few times and had the grusesome pleasure of watching so called "American, Irish" (the Irish call them Americans incidentally) professing their undying love and kindered spiritual bonding for the emerald isle. Once the locals have taken their money off them, and they've turned their backs, you should see the looks they get and what they say about them - it ain't good

Anyway, Rory will be smart enough to play the green card as and when he needs to, but he also knows he runs a real danger of overdoing it and it comes with potential consequences if he isn't careful. Even the untouchable George Best had to back off, albeit things were much more lively in the early 70's

or smarty pants. Allow me to rephrase.

You'd be surprise how many Americans don't know there are professional soccer teams out there that are not national.

I can't name a single American soccer team.  What's that prove?  That I don't care about soccer... whoopy.

As for Rory, I'm surprised at the number of posts saying that not being American somehow counts against him with American golf fans.  The world is a mighty small place in 2014 and as it's "only" golf I would have expected that ability and character matter more than where a person was born.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

No, I was just adding to the list of names lol. They're the main focus in Green Street Hooligans as West Ham's firm's largest rival. Green Street Elite is West Ham's firm (GSE).

I was going to say, I don't even think people in London like Millwall.

Riley

I can't name a single American soccer team.  What's that prove?  That I don't care about soccer... whoopy.

It seems you came in at the middle of the discussion.

Whoopy indeed.

Joel Holden

As for Rory, I'm surprised at the number of posts saying that not being American somehow counts against him with American golf fans.  The world is a mighty small place in 2014 and as it's "only" golf I would have expected that ability and character matter more than where a person was born.

I think you underestimate the "USA USA USA!!!" in the casual golfing American.

Anyone else watch the 2012 Ryder Cup last night? I seemed to have forgotten how hilariously rude the American fans were.

Joel Holden

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJH999

The only problem here is that he hopped on the Man U bandwagon.

You would be AMAZED about the number of Americans would Manchester ties. Huge Man U fan bro!

Who cares?  We're supposed to be talking golf here. :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Millwall too. Hell, I watched Green Street Hooligans at least 20 times... (FYI: Search YouTube for it. The entire movie is on it and it's well worth it. I think the movie was pretty badass.)

Ever see The Damned United?. Great football movie even if you don't like football.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!