IGNORED

2014-2015 Soccer (Football) Thread

RJH999
Note: This thread is 3511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Men in Blazers podcast on NBC now. Awesometacular. Hope there's a video version.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Men in Blazers podcast on NBC now. Awesometacular. Hope there's a video version.

Yup yup. I believe they will have their own shoe, as well. The Men In Blazers Sub-Optimal Tv Show!

Riley

It looks like "Super Mario" Balotelli will leave AC Milan for Liverpool. Big signing for them getting one of the biggest and most recognizable stars in the game. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11048148/Mario-Balotelli-confirms-he-is-leaving-Milan-to-join-Liverpool.html

Riley

It looks like "Super Mario" Balotelli will leave AC Milan for Liverpool. Big signing for them getting one of the biggest and most recognizable stars in the game. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11048148/Mario-Balotelli-confirms-he-is-leaving-Milan-to-join-Liverpool.html

Also, replacing one trouble maker with another ;-)

Henry

You surely mean the Tottenham game on Sunday ?? :-D

There's replay on the NBCSN website. After a match is done, it's there for a day or two. Not quite HD but good enough.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

There's replay on the NBCSN website. After a match is done, it's there for a day or two. Not quite HD but good enough.

Now that my son is playing soccer and I'm coaching, and right on the heels of the World Cup, my interest level in the game has gone way back up.  I've been watching somes games and highlights from the EPL these first two weeks.

Looks like the marquee games for this week are Everton/Chelsea and Tottenham/Liverpool.

When my soccer nut friend got me into watching the EPL several years ago, he also "made" me pick a favorite team.  As much as I'd like to have somebody to root for, I couldn't really do it because it seemed so artificial.  (To get him off my back, I chose Middlesbrough :doh: )  I'd still like to have a team, but I think the only way for it to happen without actually having a home team will be for it to just happen almost without me realizing it after watching a team a few times.  Wonder who it's going to be?!?!  (The only thing I know for sure is that it won't be a team from Manchester ;))

Now that my son is playing soccer and I'm coaching, and right on the heels of the World Cup, my interest level in the game has gone way back up.  I've been watching somes games and highlights from the EPL these first two weeks. Looks like the marquee games for this week are Everton/Chelsea and Tottenham/Liverpool. [rule]When my soccer nut friend got me into watching the EPL several years ago, he also "made" me pick a favorite team.  As much as I'd like to have somebody to root for, I couldn't really do it because it seemed so artificial.  (To get him off my back, I chose Middlesbrough :doh: )  I'd still like to have a team, but I think the only way for it to happen without actually having a home team will be for it to just happen almost without me realizing it after watching a team a few times.  Wonder who it's going to be?!?!  (The only thing I know for sure is that it won't be a team from Manchester ;))

Everton Chelsea!!! Whoo. I predict they take a 2-1 lead and give up a Eden Hazard stoppage time goal. You heard it here first.....I say Everton. :-D. You could bandwagon, or pick a fun, decent team like Everton, Stoke, or Swansea. You kinda have to do some research, or else you'll end up with a awful team that gets relegated...(*Cough Cough Middlesborough)

Riley

Now that my son is playing soccer and I'm coaching, and right on the heels of the World Cup, my interest level in the game has gone way back up.  I've been watching somes games and highlights from the EPL these first two weeks. Looks like the marquee games for this week are Everton/Chelsea and Tottenham/Liverpool. [rule]When my soccer nut friend got me into watching the EPL several years ago, he also "made" me pick a favorite team.  As much as I'd like to have somebody to root for, I couldn't really do it because it seemed so artificial.  (To get him off my back, I chose Middlesbrough :doh: )  I'd still like to have a team, but I think the only way for it to happen without actually having a home team will be for it to just happen almost without me realizing it after watching a team a few times.  Wonder who it's going to be?!?!  (The only thing I know for sure is that it won't be a team from Manchester ;))

I don't have a favorite team at all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I don't have a favorite team at all.

Yeah, kinda makes games easy to watch in that you're never stressing out.  I'm just kind of always rooting for good play and whoever is down to score the next goal. :beer:

Yeah, kinda makes games easy to watch in that you're never stressing out.  I'm just kind of always rooting for good play and whoever is down to score the next goal. :beer:

I'm just a total front-runner. I like Chelsea and Everton, but also Manchester City and Liverpool. I don't mind Arsenal either. Anyone but Man United though. Can't stand them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm just a total front-runner. I like Chelsea and Everton, but also Manchester City and Liverpool. I don't mind Arsenal either. Anyone but Man United though. Can't stand them.

But Man City is the new Man U! Man U sucks! :dance: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Riley

Yeah, kinda makes games easy to watch in that you're never stressing out.  I'm just kind of always rooting for good play and whoever is down to score the next goal.

I am definitely the opposite when watching sport. When I'm watching as a neutral i always find myself rooting for the losing team, no idea why, just do! I don't often watch sports though where i am 100% unbiased on who wins.

In the EPL, i support Liverpool so never a full neutral as there is nearly always a result that would favor us. I never want Chelsea or a Man U to win though. The closest i come to a neutral spectator is when i get to catch the odd NBA game, unless Denver are playing i have no preferences. I've been to Denver a fair amount and the first NBA game i saw was with some Denver fans so I've become attached to them.

Henry

I'm just kind of always rooting for ... whoever is down to score the next goal.

I am definitely the opposite when watching sport. When I'm watching as a neutral i always find myself rooting for the losing team, no idea why, just do!

Doesn't sounds like the opposite to me?? :-P

Doesn't sounds like the opposite to me??

Haha, sorry! I got the wrong end of the stick so to speak. I took " whoever is down to score the next goal" to mean whoever to most likely to score next which i then inferred to be the winning team. :-P Do you see where i got confused though?

Henry

Haha, sorry! I got the wrong end of the stick so to speak. I took "whoever is down to score the next goal" to mean whoever to most likely to score next which i then inferred to be the winning team.   Do you see where i got confused though?

LOL, whoops.  Yes I do see it now ... although it hadn't occurred to me when I wrote it.  Me and my dangling participles. And I gave @RonTheSavage crap for something similar just yesterday!! :doh:

Note: This thread is 3511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!