IGNORED

Fantasy Start or Sit thread

webb1522
Note: This thread is 3436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2-2 right now... Rough week 2 - lost 184.64 to 185.88  and they were the two highest scores that week.   I've score the most points in the league so far though and I like the team this early, but you know how it is with fantasy, just hope your players stay healthy.

It's a yahoo league and the scoring is perfect in my opinion.  It's IDP, PPR...  We give credit for return yards, turn over yards, pass deflections, sacks, TFL, etc...  Basically if your player brings value he gets credit for what he does on the field.  If you have JJ Watt and they put him at TE and throw him a TD.... Well, you get the points!  We've tweaked it for the last 10 years.  We usually only have one or two spots open each year and almost everyone plays multiple years in the league.  We've thought about a keeper league but haven't pulled the trigger.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those 3 Tds felt great I bet. I'm playing against Lacy this week and was thankful the Pack believes in backups because that could have been real bad

Take rodgers and hilton. The packers don't play another good pass defense really all season (unless you think Carolina will turn it around ).Also Hilton gets a ton of targets. White hasn't been healthy in a few years and San Diego still has Denver twice KC twice and the Jets.

And I did....  40 points from Hilton this week was HUGE!!!!  Needed that.  He is a target monster lol..

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

.5 ppr Mccoy or Oliver?

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

• 1 month later...
Been a rough year of starting the wrong guys. Had Big Ben on my bench both TD weeks. This week had Hopkins and Stills:(

~Justin

Been a rough year of starting the wrong guys. Had Big Ben on my bench both TD weeks. This week had Hopkins and Stills:(

Have Hopkins on the bench as well, will say I didn't feel too bad because I started Tre Mason in the flex over him. Not a huge difference. I'll still win and clinch points champion

[quote name="smellysell" url="/t/77228/fantasy-start-or-sit-thread#post_1080510"]Been a rough year of starting the wrong guys. Had Big Ben on my bench both TD weeks. This week had Hopkins and Stills:(

Have Hopkins on the bench as well, will say I didn't feel too bad because I started Tre Mason in the flex over him. Not a huge difference. I'll still win and clinch points champion[/quote] Yeah, luckily I played Mason too, so will still win and have #1 seed. Could have locked up high point if I'd played them though.

~Justin

That's a solid lineup for a 12 team league, where are you at in standings?

Update -  Finished the regular season 8-5 but led the league in points by a wide margin - Had the most points scored against me as well.  Basically if I played every team every week in my league 116-27 so my 8-5 record really isn't reflective of how well my team has played - tough schedule!

Looking good heading into the playoffs as the number 2 seed this week....  Roster has only changed a little since the trade-  I still like it for a 12 team league -

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR: Dymarius Thomas

WR: TY Hilton

RB: Demarco Murray

TE: Jimmy Graham

W/R :  CJ Anderson

BN: M. Lynch

Def: SF against Oak

BN:  Sea

Lynch or Anderson?  - I'm going Anderson I think

JP

Who do the Broncos play? Rough to sit Lynch against the Eagles run d

~Justin

• 3 weeks later...

I would say I won the Championship, but if you're in a Yahoo league you know that stat corrections can change a game...

Looks like the Rivers, K. Allen, R. White for Rodgers, Hilton trade really paid off - it wasn't so clear at the time.

I started Sea, dropped SF D, and added Donte Moncrief since TY was out...  But that didn't do any good -

Thanks to D. Thomas and CJ Anderson, I think I squeaked this one out for a W and the Championship!  Not bad, my first Championship in this league comes in year 10!  I can't believe we've had our league that long - Yea!!!!

Thanks for the feedback!  I share this one with you all!!

JP

Note: This thread is 3436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!