IGNORED

My Swing (atrapasuenos)

atrapasuenos
Note: This thread is 2110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But for example in the video of the five iron I still got that push fade, almost a push slide.

Any face on video?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any face on video?

Nope. I will try to get one but the things between the matts on the range make it very difficult to get one.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Mike @mvmac , question.

I still want to go to do a fitting to check that my clubs have the correct angle and that stuff but what would happen (ball flight) if my irons are 2° upright but my swing has changed to a flatter lie. Don't know if this makes sense. In an expo a guy lend me the board that they use for checking the lies. He gave me the standard 6 iron to try and I was expecting to see the mark towards the toe of the club. To my suprise it was in the center.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Check this images out. This is what I was talking a few posts before. My hands when they are coming back, they are kinda out of my body with the club coming way back and then reaching impact they get very close to my left thigh so I think that is causing it to fade cause my hands are coming out to in... am I right?

4 iron. This was actually a nice shot.

5 iron... this was a very bad shot.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Mike @mvmac, question.

I still want to go to do a fitting to check that my clubs have the correct angle and that stuff but what would happen (ball flight) if my irons are 2° upright but my swing has changed to a flatter lie. Don't know if this makes sense. In an expo a guy lend me the board that they use for checking the lies. He gave me the standard 6 iron to try and I was expecting to see the mark towards the toe of the club. To my suprise it was in the center.

I think it's better to check the lie angles by drawing a vertical line on the ball rather than hitting off a lie board.

Check this images out. This is what I was talking a few posts before. My hands when they are coming back, they are kinda out of my body with the club coming way back and then reaching impact they get very close to my left thigh so I think that is causing it to fade cause my hands are coming out to in... am I right?

4 iron. This was actually a nice shot.

5 iron... this was a very bad shot.

This is actually a great example of how a player's positions don't change from swing to swing. Even though one shot was good and the other wasn't, the picture is almost exactly the same. Might have to steal this for a future thread. A lot of golfers assume that their good shots looks completely different than their bad shots, not the case.

I would agree with the hand path going inward. Which is why I wanted to see a face on to get a better idea of why it's happening. I want to see what is going on with your head/upper center in relation to the lower center on the downswing.

You'll notice that the front part of your left foot is off the ground, so the pressure is transferring into the heel of the left foot. You would want to feel the opposite, pressure or weight transferring more towards the toes to keep the foot planted. If the foot is planted you can "thrust" and raise the handle into the followthough rather than swing everything left.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

I think it's better to check the lie angles by drawing a vertical line on the ball rather than hitting off a lie board.

This is actually a great example of how a player's positions don't change from swing to swing. Even though one shot was good and the other wasn't, the picture is almost exactly the same. Might have to steal this for a future thread. A lot of golfers assume that their good shots looks completely different than their bad shots, not the case.

I would agree with the hand path going inward. Which is why I wanted to see a face on to get a better idea of why it's happening. I want to see what is going on with your head/upper center in relation to the lower center on the downswing.

You'll notice that the front part of your left foot is off the ground, so the pressure is transferring into the heel of the left foot. You would want to feel the opposite, pressure or weight transferring more towards the toes to keep the foot planted. If the foot is planted you can "thrust" and raise the handle into the followthough rather than swing everything left.

Be my guest, I would be happy to be featured in a thread. :-D

The second part in bold, yes I have always battled with that and didn't have a clueon how to fix it. Will try to do that, put the weight on the toes and report back to you. :beer:

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

The second part in bold, yes I have always battled with that and didn't have a clueon how to fix it. Will try to do that, put the weight on the toes and report back to you.

Will feel something like this

Mike McLoughlin

Will feel something like this

Huh... I guess I missed that one on the YouTube channel. Will put it on practice. I don't have that foam half sphere but maybe one of those "anti-stress" foam balls could work?

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Huh... I guess I missed that one on the YouTube channel. Will put it on practice. I don't have that foam half sphere but maybe one of those "anti-stress" foam balls could work?

You don't even need the foam ball, just use that feel.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

You don't even need the foam ball, just use that feel.

I was watching some videos yesterday from your channel and I'm going to post them here as a "note to self" so I don't have to look on youtube for them and I can add why I am posting here and maybe you can tell me if I'm right or wrong on what I see I can adapt to my swing.

First one is the "Steady Head". Cause I do believe I'm kinda doing something similar to the video on the left sied of the screen. I feel like my head is turning with the shoulder, so I'm "tranfering" my weight to the left but because my head is like "attached" to my shoulder I'm moving my head in front of the ball. And maybe that's why the weight ends on my left heel.

Now I saw yesterday this one too, in which you were talking about the "Flat Left Wrist". But what caugh my attention is the feel of the left arm touching the pec, then when the arm is parallel to the ground and then when the shaft is parallel to the ground. I made yesterday, at 11:30 pm some practice swings at home and felt like this drill can help with the one above of transfering my weight to the left without moving my head.

Will try to post some pics of what I saw on my swing and even in some videos I have of when I used to play my best. My head was moving a lot.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Mike, @mvmac I was watching my videos in an app I have and found out something that I think should not be there… would like to hear your feedback and maybe how to fix it. I think this might be the cause of why my weight ends up in the heel. This is at setup At the top of the backswing At impact Look at how much my head moved from the vertical line! Is that normal? I'm guessing it is not. Also, the shaft is not pointing at my belt buckle as you comment on some videos… how do I bring it up? Does that would make me stand taller?

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Mike, @mvmac

I was watching my videos in an app I have and found out something that I think should not be there… would like to hear your feedback and maybe how to fix it. I think this might be the cause of why my weight ends up in the heel.

The head is just reacting the the way the body is working. The head moving away from the line on the downswing isn't all that bad, no one keeps it perfectly there, the best players have it come off around A5.5-7.

Look at how much my head moved from the vertical line! Is that normal? I'm guessing it is not.

Also, the shaft is not pointing at my belt buckle as you comment on some videos… how do I bring it up? Does that would make me stand taller?

I wouldn't say the head movement is "a lot". On the backswing the head is still steady but you'll notice it only moves towards the end of the backswing. You kind of fall back a bit, the arms keep swinging back and the shaft gets across the line. Which is why I suggested this http://thesandtrap.com/t/77269/my-swing-atrapasuenos#post_1060665

With the angle of these recent videos (the ones from 3 weeks ago were goo), the across the line will look a lot worse than it actually is. Next time you practice get the camera angle right, soft right elbow to A2, then feel like the arms stop at A3 and hit it. Curious to see how it will look. And try to get a face on swing.

Also, the shaft is not pointing at my belt buckle as you comment on some videos… how do I bring it up? Does that would make me stand taller?

Just raise the handle higher.

Mike McLoughlin

Went to practice today and ifI got like 15 shots out of 100 thart went they way I wanted - a slight pus-draw - was too much.

Finally got chance to get that face-on video. Tried to get the angle right but it's difficult cause of the things that separates the stations.

7 iron

7 iron

8 iron

7 iron

Sliced 6 iron... like 70% of my shots were like this

5 Wood

Driver... awful... :(

Heel-ed Driver I tried to do the motion slower to see if I could get better results... nop.

On the good side, I think I'm achieving to keep the club face out of my hands. Still across the line at the top... and the downsing... the mess starts. :~(

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Filmed a video for you, will upload it tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Thank you, Mike! :) When I saw it, in my head the thought was: my head is moving. Will work on that, firing my left arm quickly. Does this means that I should control my swing with my left arm? The steady head drill is going to tough, but will work hard on it. Also, the takeaway, it looks better right? :D

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Does this means that I should control my swing with my left arm?

Not necessarily, just feel like left arm moves away from the right shoulder on the downswing. Again, reference that drill I did.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Not necessarily, just feel like left arm moves away from the right shoulder on the downswing. Again, reference that drill I did.

Started working on this. What I'm trying to feel is first, leaving my head steady or if anything trying to feel that it's getting back and not moving forward, if that makes sense. Then I feel like I'm trying to pull down the club down and not to the right. My old feeling was to try to swing to the right, maybe that's why it was getting way behind me and then I had to swipe the ball to the left. Was practicing yesterday at home and I feltlike I could even swing a lot harder and strangely my feet is staying in it's place.

Does this sensation is correct? Will tryto put it on practice this weekend.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Note: This thread is 2110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!