IGNORED

My Swing (atrapasuenos)

atrapasuenos
Note: This thread is 2111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was practicing yesterday at home and I feltlike I could even swing a lot harder and strangely my feet is staying in it's place.

Does this sensation is correct? Will tryto put it on practice this weekend.

Yep that's the idea. Fire those arms down, get them down and in front of you and you won't swipe across the ball. You swipe across it because your arms are out of sequence with the pivot. The arms being "behind" your pivot leads to some issues with Key #3, you reach an inline condition before impact and the club swipes left. This is where those toe shots come from, believe me I know from experience :cry:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep that's the idea. Fire those arms down, get them down and in front of you and you won't swipe across the ball. You swipe across it because your arms are out of sequence with the pivot. The arms being "behind" your pivot leads to some issues with Key #3, you reach an inline condition before impact and the club swipes left. This is where those toe shots come from, believe me I know from experience

Fantastic! Really loking forward to practicing this on the weekend.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Mike, Went to practice on the weekend, couldn't get a video. With the wedges I was getting a nice push-draw, really beautiful trajectory but with the rest of the bag I found it hard. I'm trying to feel to keep my head steady, left shoulder to chin, right shoulder to the chin at impact. Need to try it on the range. But I'm still finding it hard to keep my weight in my left foot. I'm still falling to the side of my feet, I don't know if that's because I'm turning or what or maybe extending my leg too quickly. Do you have any other drills to achieve that position?

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Huh… was watching this video [VIDEO]https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZvFgIS9udIk[/VIDEO] Thrust means kinda to jump and extend the left side of the body… huh… I was trying to keep my knee flexed more, as I mentioned above.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

But I'm still finding it hard to keep my weight in my left foot. I'm still falling to the side of my feet, I don't know if that's because I'm turning or what or maybe extending my leg too quickly. Do you have any other drills to achieve that position?

I would keep focusing on firing the arms down on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

I would keep focusing on firing the arms down on the downswing.

Nice! Will focus on that! Thanks!

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Went to practice on Sunday… still having difficulties on leaving the head still and firing the arm down. I was getting a really big pull-fade. Started like 7 yards to the left and fading back quite a bit too much and quickly. :(

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

• 2 weeks later...

So i had the chance to take some vids today and some nice - well only two - face-on videos. Got a driver video where you can see the ball trajectory I'm getting of the majority of my shots.

First a 6 iron, in which I was doing the same. I'm still having a hard time keeping my head steady.

Then I took the driver of my cousin and hit some ball. they told me the fence was at 270 yards - not to show off or something - but with the new Taylormade 5 wood the ball was falling behing it as well as the 3 wood and the driver a few more yards deeper into the woods.

And this 5 iron is from the remaining balls. I think I did a better job to keep the head steady.

But this is bothering me and I think it has everything to do - maybe I'm wrong - with the pull-fade I'm getting. I mean, the ball is coming solid of the face, ball marks are at the middle of the club but the trajectory is a pull-fade. As the video with the driver.

My right hand turns immediately after contact but maybe it could be that since the start of the downswing I'm doing something with it that leads to that move at impact.

Help! @mvmac :cry:

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Help! @mvmac

Make swings with a tee or glove under in your right arm pit. Need to sequence the pivot with the arms better on the backswing so the arms can come down with the body on the downswing. Basically when the body is done turning back that's when the arms need to stop.

Mike McLoughlin

Make swings with a tee or glove under in your right arm pit. Need to sequence the pivot with the arms better on the backswing so the arms can come down with the body on the downswing. Basically when the body is done turning back that's when the arms need to stop.

Nice! Thanks! In that last swing, how does the head movement looks?

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Nice! Thanks! In that last swing, how does the head movement looks?

Better and it will stay good as you improve the arms/body sequencing. Remember, the goal isn't to work on steady head by not moving your head forward, it's to work on steady head by tacking the pieces that cause it to move.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Better and it will stay good as you improve the arms/body sequencing. Remember, the goal isn't to work on steady head by not moving your head forward, it's to work on steady head by tacking the pieces that cause it to move.

Nice! Now that maes a lot of sense.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Played today and was horrible. Couldn't sync well. Even with my short irons I'm losing to the ball way right. Shot 89 on a par 71 course. Didn't have my putter, its going thru a grip change so putting was bad but then I made some really big number because of the tee box I was at the edge of the trees, no shot to green or something that needed to go very low. Ball it's still going a long way but it's like 20 yards to the right.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Went to practice today. The first part of the practice was very bad, with a lot of push-fades. But at the end of the practice somethign changed and I started to hitting it better. I analyzed the swing and well they do look different.

Driver Push fade

6 Iron Push fade

8 iron this is when I felt that everything changed.

This was not to analyze but the footwork looks good.

As I said i analyzed this swings - 6 iron vs 8 iron - and noticed some differences.

I think that in the one of the 8 iron, I achieved a bit more what you told me to do @mvmac ! The right arm is straighter and if you watch the videos I feel that even the head and everything stays in place. Would like to hear your opinion Mike. Now here's the tricky part... I seriously don't know what I was doing. I was trying to control my swing with the "famous" trigger finger. That was all. :-)

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Also Check your grip it looked like it was a little weak. You are totally right about the right arm it should be a little more straighter at impact that will help square the face up!

I have a "neutral" grip - if there isn't a new slang for grips in the forum. :-P

Both of my "V" are pointing to my right shoulder and I get to see two knuckles of my left hand.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Played yesterday a best-ball tournament to give the caddies ome turkeys from Christmas. Played acceptable but couldn't played other shot than a pull-fade - if it started to the left - or a big slice. Someone of the gruop recorded this video. Don't know why with the driver I lift my right feet that much and quickly.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Found this vids from when I was in Aguascalientes.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Note: This thread is 2111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!