IGNORED

Fox News

boston blackie
Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great coverage of the wave last night. Bret Baier and Megan Kelly were fair, balanced and solid.

But, I'll bet MSNBC had their highest ratings ever. That was fun to watch. Lots of righties tuned in to watch them implode.

Final ratings results for election night.....

Fox News Channel was the most-watched network — on broadcast and on cable — during coverage of the midterm elections. Fox News beat CNN and MSNBC in both total viewers and the A25-54 demo, combined during primetime hours.

At 10pmET, when the broadcast networks aired special reports, Fox News averaged 6.6 million viewers, topping #2 CBS which averaged 5.4 million viewers.

• 10pmET : (Total Viewers | A25-54 demo)

FNC: 6,607,000 / 1,825,000 A25-54
CBS: 5,408,000 / 1,548,000 in 25-54
NBC: 4,225,000 / 1,484,000 in 25-54
ABC: 3,147,000 / 1,083,000 in 25-54
CNN: 1,936,000 / 912,000 in 25-54
MSNBC: 1,594,000 / 566,000 in 25-54

• 8pmET – 11pmET :

FNC: 6,310,000 / 1,662,000
CNN: 2,107,000  / 909,000
MSNBC: 1,687,000 / 525,000

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Final ratings results for election night..... Fox News Channel was the most-watched network — on broadcast and on cable — during coverage of the midterm elections. Fox News beat CNN and MSNBC in both total viewers and the A25-54 demo, combined during primetime hours. At 10pmET, when the broadcast networks aired special reports, Fox News averaged 6.6 million viewers, topping #2 CBS which averaged 5.4 million viewers. [LIST] [*] 10pmET : (Total Viewers | A25-54 demo) [/LIST] FNC: 6,607,000 / 1,825,000 A25-54 CBS: 5,408,000 / 1,548,000 in 25-54 NBC: 4,225,000 / 1,484,000 in 25-54 ABC: 3,147,000 / 1,083,000 in 25-54 CNN: 1,936,000 / 912,000 in 25-54 MSNBC: 1,594,000 / 566,000 in 25-54 [LIST] [*] 8pmET – 11pmET : [/LIST] FNC: 6,310,000 / 1,662,000 CNN: 2,107,000  / 909,000 MSNBC: 1,687,000 / 525,000

Interesting for the obvious reasons but I'm surprised by CBS's domination over ABC. I grew up with ABC being the most credible of the 3 networks, Jennings, Koppel and team. Brokaw was next but even before I cut my political teeth, I knew Rather was an idiot. Think he had a dust-up with Cronkite early on and the frequency Kenneth deal. I wonder why the dramatic turn-around? Lead-in related, perhaps, I.e., better program on CBS than the others at 9p so people stayed or is it related to credibility perceptions? Anyway, found that kinda interesting.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm getting a real kick out of watching FOX's nemesis, MSNBC, try to spin the election. They've latched on to the minimum wage, pot, and personhood wins.

What they don't realize is that most conservatives are completely OK with those results because the states put it on those ballots and the people decided. I'm not in favor of increasing min wage for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that it's a red herring, but if the people have spoken on it, at the state level, well, that's how the framers intended it to work.

I'm opposed to the Feds imposing things like this against the will of the people.

I'm with everything you said.

I'm with everything you said.

Well, thanks. I don't hear that very often here or from my kids. Lol.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Entertaining thread.

Bottom line to me (and I don't watch Fox News): More power to anyone who challenges authority.  Much of the rest of the media is filled with doubters of anyone who is suspicious of government. That is where my outrage is.

I don't give a crap which side of the spectrum you are on, but if you consistently advocate for whoever is in power, your brand is tainted. Fox probably had quite a few moments of shilling for President Bush, and that's just as egregious as what CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN/NPR/NYTimes/etc are doing now for President Obama.  The press is falling down on the job as a whole, and people with high integrity need to keep on fighting the good fight against those in power. From those that I talk to, it is the media that is the real "chickens%* @."

Journalists need to be brave- it's not easy. They risk their livelihoods and reputations on their tough stories- I get it. But what we are seeing now is a sad indictment of our ability to have courageous journalists. Take a look at the Sharyl Attkisson story, and you should be appalled. I predict the media will circle the wagons around themselves and destroy her reputation. And she is not even Fox!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 2 weeks later...
I watched Fox News last night. :bugout: (They had a show about the guy who shot Bin Laden ... it was kind of fascinating.)

Very nice. ;) Yes, I agree. Robert Oneill is a hero and it was riveting TV, but I gotta say, I'm a little uncomfortable with his sort of self-promotion tour. As a former GI, nowhere near on par with a Seal, I just think some things are best left to the public's imagination.

Very nice. ;)

Yes, I agree. Robert Oneill is a hero and it was riveting TV, but I gotta say, I'm a little uncomfortable with his sort of self-promotion tour. As a former GI, nowhere near on par with a Seal, I just think some things are best left to the public's imagination.

Same here, we didn't need to know who registered the kill shot and it seems there is some question as to who actually did amongst the members of the team.

Joe Paradiso

Very nice. ;)

Yes, I agree. Robert Oneill is a hero and it was riveting TV, but I gotta say, I'm a little uncomfortable with his sort of self-promotion tour. As a former GI, nowhere near on par with a Seal, I just think some things are best left to the public's imagination.

OK, then I'm not crazy, because this is exactly how I felt too.  I was especially uncomfortable at the part where he said he spoke to his mom about the special thing he did.

Same here, we didn't need to know who registered the kill shot and it seems there is some question as to who actually did amongst the members of the team.

Couldn't help but wonder what the rest of them thought about this.

I will say, though, that I was fascinated by how some of the little details matched what they showed in Zero Dark Thirty, which, IIRC, is based on a different Seal members book.

OK, then I'm not crazy, because this is exactly how I felt too.  I was especially uncomfortable at the part where he said he spoke to his mom about the special thing he did.

Couldn't help but wonder what the rest of them thought about this.

I will say, though, that I was fascinated by how some of the little details matched what they showed in Zero Dark Thirty, which, IIRC, is based on a different Seal members book.

The details are the similar up until they reached the top floor where Bin Laden was hiding with two women wearing suicide vests.  One story claims the point man (not O'Neill) while running up the stairs shot Bin Laden in the head as Bin Laden looked around the corner and two other SEAL's finished him off with shots to the chest after they entered the room and saw he was severely wounded

O'Neill claims he entered the room and fired two shots at Bin Ladens head as he reached for a gun but the report says the only guns found in the room were sitting on a shelf and not near Bin Laden.

According to what I've read, the point man won't ever come forward so we may never know what actually happened.

Joe Paradiso

The details are the similar up until they reached the top floor where Bin Laden was hiding with two women wearing suicide vests.  One story claims the point man (not O'Neill) while running up the stairs shot Bin Laden in the head as Bin Laden looked around the corner and two other SEAL's finished him off with shots to the chest after they entered the room and saw he was severely wounded O'Neill claims he entered the room and fired two shots at Bin Ladens head as he reached for a gun but the report says the only guns found in the room were sitting on a shelf and not near Bin Laden. According to what I've read, the point man won't ever come forward so we may never know what actually happened.

While I question the wisdom of Oneill doing what he's doing, I do believe he's the guy who made the kill shot. They talked about the varying stories in some detail and Fox News did their research diligently. They didn't pay Oneill and he's not selling a book. Financial gain could come eventually for him but there was no immediate pay off. The guy who claimed it earlier in a book was actually the 3rd guy in, not the point man, at least that's what Oneill believes. It does get a little confusing because that guy says he put one into Bin Laden's gut and Oneill doesn't dispute that. But if Bin Laden was down with a Seal over him (Oneill), why would the 3rd one in put a bullet in him?

While I question the wisdom of Oneill doing what he's doing, I do believe he's the guy who made the kill shot. They talked about the varying stories in some detail and Fox News did their research diligently. They didn't pay Oneill and he's not selling a book. Financial gain could come eventually for him but there was no immediate pay off.

The guy who claimed it earlier in a book was actually the 3rd guy in, not the point man, at least that's what Oneill believes. It does get a little confusing because that guy says he put one into Bin Laden's gut and Oneill doesn't dispute that. But if Bin Laden was down with a Seal over him (Oneill), why would the 3rd one in put a bullet in him?

I dunno, but because we were discussing it, and because it happened to come on Encore last night, I watched ZDT again.  Granted, I have absolutely no idea where they get their info, but it seems similar to what you describe.  First guy gets him twice from the stairs, and then another guy gives him one (or two) while he's on the ground.  They made a point to show that every guy they killed (4, I think), and the one woman, all got an extra "just to be safe" shot after they were down.

I dunno, but because we were discussing it, and because it happened to come on Encore last night, I watched ZDT again.  Granted, I have absolutely no idea where they get their info, but it seems similar to what you describe.  First guy gets him twice from the stairs, and then another guy gives him one (or two) while he's on the ground.  They made a point to show that every guy they killed (4, I think), and the one woman, all got an extra "just to be safe" shot after they were down.

Mmm, that's interesting. I haven't seen that movie or the other one on it. If I'm being honest, I started one of them and it was too much Obama, had to turn it off; seemed like they were trying to glorify him and I just couldn't take it. Damn, I'm a partisan SoB.

Mmm, that's interesting. I haven't seen that movie or the other one on it. If I'm being honest, I started one of them and it was too much Obama, had to turn it off; seemed like they were trying to glorify him and I just couldn't take it. Damn, I'm a partisan SoB.

Ha. Not sure that makes you a partisan SoB tho, I lean left on a lot of issues and I don't want to see anyone glorify him, or any other politician. I just want objectiveness, which is impossible to get via mainstream means these days.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Then you wouldn't mind ZDT because they don't show Obama, IIRC, one single time.  No mention of him either.  From the Wiki page on the movie:

Zero Dark Thirty has received criticism for historical inaccuracy. Former assistant secretary of Defense Graham T. Allison has opined that the film is inaccurate in three important regards: the overstatement of the positive role of enhanced interrogation methods, the understatement of the role of the Obama administration, and the portrayal of the efforts as being driven by one agent battling against the CIA "system".[55]

:-P

Overall, it's just a really good movie. :beer:

Ha. Not sure that makes you a partisan SoB tho, I lean left on a lot of issues and I don't want to see anyone glorify him, or any other politician. I just want objectiveness, which is impossible to get via mainstream means these days.

Tru dat. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/77633/fox-news/120_40#post_1076325"]Then you wouldn't mind ZDT because they don't show Obama, IIRC, one single time.  No mention of him either.  From the Wiki page on the movie: :-P Overall, it's just a really good movie.  :beer:   [/quote] That's good to know. Think I may give it a shot. (Keep in mind who hired the Asst Sec of Def. ;))

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!