IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

good job ben i love hearing about how you guys are doing it's kinda exciting think i may be able to be there some day anyways thanks for the update

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Bleck.

Really poor good round today. Played in the weekly Pepsi Tour event at Brookside. 4-under through 14 holes. Finished at Even. Hooray! Oh that was gross. Three sloppy bogeys and one bad break. Whatever. I played pretty freakin great for the majority of the round, got through the stretch of two in a row tough holes at 12 and 13. I think I may have let my mind relax a little too much after that. Now I know. We'll see what next week brings.

Hole of the day was an eagle on the Par 5, 5th hole. Solid drive left me with 260 in. Nailed a 3 wood to 6 feet. Made the putt.

Oh, Even par got me a tie for 3rd and a bit of mula, so the day was not a total loss.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Congrats man! 6ft from 260....can't beat that!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4-under, 68. There's always next week.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

4-under, 68. There's always next week.

Did you know you were in the running for #1 after the 14th or did you not have a leaderboard available? Just wondering if that mind factor had anything to do with the drop. Good job on 3rd.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Nah, no leaderboards. I figured 4 under was looking good. Plus I had a par-5 to play, and I've been putting great, so I figured I could get to 6-under no sweat. Oh well. Next week.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...
any updates i see that handicap seems to took a turn for the better

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Last week's event I was kinda playing alright, until 16 where I tripled! YAY GOLF! Ended up shooting 4 over. Again, I think the winner was at 4 under. Even par took second. I'm not playing this week, but I'll be back at it in two.

Yeah, my handicap is going nuts. My August index was going out of control for a while. I had 15 rounds at home where I shot under par. I was trending to +3.6 for a while.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...
Winner!

Again, the weekly Pepsi Tour event at Brookside. This time took home the big prize. Beat a hell of a field today too. In my group was a kid who's playing on the Korean PGA Tour this year. Another fellow that has had multiple wins on the Asian Tour, and another guy that plays this weekly event that is always a contender. Also in the field is a dude that plays on the Hooters Tour which I've played out this way a number of times and he'd always cleaned my clock before. As well was the guy who has held the Pepsi Tour money title for the past, like, 3 or 4 years. Plus a few other really solid pros. I saw this field and for a split second thought it might be a rough day, but, banished that thought from my head almost as quickly as it entered.

I hit the ball pretty much as good as I could have. Oddly enough, I am still super crazy sore from a really intense leg workout that my trainer put me through on Monday. That being the case I think it kinda helped me out. I stayed within my swing all day, because I couldn't really get anything extra out of my swing without full control of my lower body. Hit 15 greens, after hitting only 8 fairways. The fairways I missed weren't by much though. Drove the ball with great control, approach shots too. Made some solid par putts early, and a few good putts late too. Did have two three-putts, which lead to my only two bogeys. Nine pars on the front, four birdies and those two three-putt bogeys on the back.

Wow that feels good. Third win of my career.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Congrats on the win! So what is your workout routine like? Im goin in on the 21st to check out a golf fitness instructor and get the kvest put on to check out what the average camera cant see. Im hoping I can start playing tournaments soon aswell.
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Wow that feels good. Third win of my career.

Congratulations! Third win at Brookside? Seems to me you've won more than three times. Either way, congratulations on the win!

Worth noting and maybe bragging about : one of the guys you beat (the money leader) also sank the longest putt of the 2008 PGA Tour at over 100 feet.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Ya nicely done Ben, congrats!!!!
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Congrats on the win! So what is your workout routine like? Im goin in on the 21st to check out a golf fitness instructor and get the kvest put on to check out what the average camera cant see. Im hoping I can start playing tournaments soon aswell.

Thanks.

My trainer knows I play golf but doesn't necessarily train my specifically for golf. She used to be a professional body builder and knows a ton of exercises. I rarely see the same thing twice. Basically I see her twice a week for an hour at a time. I always start with a 10 minute run, then 10-15 minutes on abs/core. After that it'll be a mix on days. One day legs, like Monday. Another day bicep and shoulders. Then back, triceps, chest. Oh, also an odd day of plyometrics thrown in. Another good factor to her is that she understands competition and challenges me mentally as well as physically. Not letting up as the hour closes down. Most of the time my workout gets harder toward the end. No time to slack off or let my concentration slip, just like playing 18 holes. I'm no good if I play 15 good holes, then stumble at the end.
Congratulations! Third win at Brookside? Seems to me you've won more than three times. Either way, congratulations on the win!

No, third overall win. One at Brookside, one at Empire likes (BritBoy knows Empire) and lastly and Angeles National. Interesting stat about JT. Didn't know that.

Ya nicely done Ben, congrats!!!!

Thanks man. Fun day!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

That is awesome man!!! I hope to one day before close to you as far as solid play goes. That must be an amazing feeling!! And beating that tough of a field too...WOW!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Good work, congrats on the win! Props for pulling 9 pars on the front and not falling apart--if I were at your level and had 9 pars I imagine I'd be killing myself over missed opportunities, especially since you hit so many greens. Sounds like a really solid round all-around.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

Good work, congrats on the win! Props for pulling 9 pars on the front and not falling apart--if I were at your level and had 9 pars I imagine I'd be killing myself over missed opportunities, especially since you hit so many greens. Sounds like a really solid round all-around.

I was actually pretty stoked on the nine pars. This course is no push over. I did miss birdie on the only par 5 on the front, but put a great putt on it. The greens were a little wiggly and suspects so I just chalked it up as a make and didn't let it get to me. I actually parred 10th too then finally cashed in on the par 5 11th for a birdie. Just short in two, chip and a putt for birdie. Number 12 is the 2nd hardest hole on the course, and I stuck a smooth 6 iron to about 3 feet. So yeah, things just worked right.

Thanks for the props!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hey, you wanna try living in England!! There is hardly anything to play in. We have a golf season that lasts from April to September if we are lucky. Then its just cold, wet and miserable the rest of the time. Not that i'm complaining lol! I'm hoping to come over to the states this winter and play in a few events. I've been looking on the Minor Golf League website. Those evnts look quite affordable. Has anyone ever played in one of those events? Can anyone recommend where to stay in Florida, in terms of best for golf, events and practise? Chhers

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Note: This thread is 1566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!