IGNORED

My Swing (AbsoluteTruths)

AbsoluteTruths
Note: This thread is 1148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks Mike and Erik I know you must get tired of telling me the same thing.

But believe me I am trying to replicate my avatar.

One of my problems is my lack of feedback. I cannot see my hips and "feel is not real".

I cannot see the playback screen on my camera when at the range because of the glare

and only see the results when I get back home.

I am going to attach a driveway marker to my waist so I can see my hip turn.

Hopefully I will be able to post a video today of me practicing this so

I can get some feedback as to if I am doing it right.

Doug

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

One of my problems is my lack of feedback. I cannot see my hips and "feel is not real".

I cannot see the playback screen on my camera when at the range because of the glare

and only see the results when I get back home.

I am going to attach a driveway marker to my waist so I can see my hip turn.

Hopefully I will be able to post a video today of me practicing this so

I can get some feedback as to if I am doing it right.

Take this the right way… I don't think you're practicing properly if you cannot see and feel this type of stuff.

Swing slowly enough that you can see and feel what's happening. If I told you to make a full swing with the driver, but hit the ball only two inches off the tee, I bet you could make a significantly different golf swing than one where you're trying to hit it as far as when you're playing.

Work at the edge of your ability where you can have success at changing the pattern.

The driveway stick and filming is a good idea. Let's see it. Let's see it done at a slow enough pace that you can practice at the edge of your ability.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas basically said it all but yes do it at slower speeds and exaggerate the hell out of it. If you're feeling it and the result you're getting is like the picture in the video then you need to max out the feel at a slower speed.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Here I am practicing the hip turn. I probably should go slower.

The part at the beginning where I just start the club back is one of my Evolvr priority points. I was starting my hip turn too soon. My left knee was bending almost immediately when the club moved away from the ball. So I am trying to delay my hip turn.

Am I doing it right?

And I know I need to cut the grass. :-P

Doug

• Administrator

Am I doing it right?

Yes, but now… do it at the range, with a ball, and then make backswings this speed, and then a downswing this speed so the ball goes about 40 yards. When you can do that 9/10 or 10/10, hit the ball 60 yards. And so on.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas basically said it all but yes do it at slower speeds and exaggerate the hell out of it. If you're feeling it and the result you're getting is like the picture in the video then you need to max out the feel at a slower speed.

Mike

I do not understand what you are saying about "feeling it". What video are you refering to?

Doug

Mike

I do not understand what you are saying about "feeling it". What video are you refering to?

"Feeling it" referring to feeling the hip turn with this swing (below). The point was you need to feel it more and slower, like you're doing in the video you just posted.

Mike McLoughlin

Funny the feelings and ideas you get when making very slow practice swings. Yesterday morning I felt very centered when practicing. Head steady and just a shift of my weight to the left at transition. It was like duh all the moving around I was doing cannot be good.

Doug

Funny the feelings and ideas you get when making very slow practice swings. Yesterday morning I felt very centered when practicing. Head steady and just a shift of my weight to the left at transition. It was like duh all the moving around I was doing cannot be good.

Yep, that's why it's Key #1 :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Did some slow practice swings this morning. The first couple partial swings on the DTL view was me trying to delay my hip turn. I used to start it immediately.

Also working on getting a full turn and straighten my left leg sooner in the downswing/impact area and not at the end of my swing.

I submitted these to Evolvr.

Doug

Went to the driving range today. Did a lot of 5S swings. The slow swings highlighted some defects in my swing. I am bending my right knee in toward the ball on my downswing and I am not keeping my left arm straight through and past impact. Please someone tell me that I am changing my swing and I have been doing these bad things for a long time and it will take time to change them. I know this but...

Doug

• Administrator

Please someone tell me that I am changing my swing and I have been doing these bad things for a long time and it will take time to change them. I know this but...

You are. You've made, let's say 300,000 swings one way. It'll take time to change those habits. Not another 300,000 done properly, but a few thousand. The more you can adhere to the 5S stuff of practice, the less swings it will take.

Bought a new club for my birthday. It is a Adams Idea Super S 3 hybrid with a regular graphite shaft. Got it on sale at Sports Authority with an additional 25% off coupon.

I already have a cheap Acer 4 hybrid in my bag. I plan to replace that soon with something quality.

Doug

Happy Birthday!

Thanks. It's actually tomorrow and I am taking Friday and Saturday off. So I will have a five day weekend. I will have a chance to get some video of my swing to send to Evolvr and post here.

Doug

I sent the above videos of my driver practice to Evolvr and Brian pointed out how my shoulders are turning too level. I used to turn them better before I started concentrating on my legs. Golf is hard Ugh :doh:

Doug

Note: This thread is 1148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!