IGNORED

How Much Better does Online Instruction Have to Be?

Note: This thread is 3431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much better does an instructor have to be online? See first post for details

• You can be worse online because student can re-read things they dont understand or other reasons
    • You have to be the same to give the same quality lessons
    • You have to be a bit better online
    • You have to be significantly better online

Thank you both for the responses. I figured a video of my swing would be necessary. I almost would prefer to have a re start from set up to grip than figure out how to uload a video from there. I will look into more info on how to do the online instructions. I like a lot of what is said on this site just not really grasping the concepts from the free posts. Evolvr? Is that what the instruction is called? Sorry for hijacking this thread. Very interesting all the same. Thanks

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Thank you both for the responses. I figured a video of my swing would be necessary. I almost would prefer to have a re start from set up to grip than figure out how to uload a video from there. I will look into more info on how to do the online instructions. I like a lot of what is said on this site just not really grasping the concepts from the free posts. Evolvr? Is that what the instruction is called? Sorry for hijacking this thread. Very interesting all the same. Thanks

Evolvr is just the name of the specific on line instruction that many of us have used. I'm sure there are others, but I can't speak for exactly how they operate. Might be exactly the same. Uploading videos is quite simple ... For more info check thegolfevolution.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

kind of an interesting question.  I have never taken online lessons but thinking about the couple of lessons that i have taken in person i can imagine that it could be frustrating if the drill or swing thought that the online pro gives you doesnt click right away because with nobody there to guide your practice it could be difficult to know if you are doing it right.  I would have to agree with @Golfingdad that it is very much up to the student whether they get anything out of an online lesson.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

• Administrator

I would have to agree with @Golfingdad that it is very much up to the student whether they get anything out of an online lesson.

I think everyone can get something out of an online lesson. It'd be awfully hard to get nothing out of a lesson.

Edit: Sorry, I'm assuming competent instruction. It's easy to get nothing if the instruction is crap.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I would have to agree with @Golfingdad that it is very much up to the student whether they get anything out of an online lesson.

You could say that about in-person lessons, too. There's a lot you can get out of just having a swing thread here, so online lessons should be no different. I'd say they'd probably be more comprehensive. As mentioned by others, it really just depends on the quality of the instruction.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You could say that about in-person lessons, too.

There's a lot you can get out of just having a swing thread here, so online lessons should be no different. I'd say they'd probably be more comprehensive. As mentioned by others, it really just depends on the quality of the instruction.

100% agree.  that's why i voted that they are about the same.  If you have a good instructor then they are probably going to give the student similar or the same advice online as in person because the student's swing flaws are going to be the same regardless of the teaching method (just an assumption...please correct me if i am off base with that).  Therefore it is more a case of how good the student is at learning/understanding what is being taught rather than what the instructor is teaching.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Note: This thread is 3431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!