IGNORED

My Swing (dylan006)

dylan006
Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[video]http://youtu.be/G8pfjT-_Vvw[/video] [video]http://youtu.be/dUs6ApNIcyw[/video] I have been playing left handed for 13months. 12 handicap. Hit a straight ball. Try to avoid a big slice or pull hook.

Please read this and repost properly.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read

If you have questions about embedding the videos you can PM me.

Edit: I see a moderator did it for you.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://youtu.be/G8pfjT-_Vvw

http://youtu.be/dUs6ApNIcyw

I have been playing left handed for 13months.

12 handicap.

Hit a straight ball.

Try to avoid a big slice or pull hook.

Decent swing. I would update your forum handicap to 12.

As a fellow lefty, welcome!

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My other problem (very seldom) is a very fat, duff shot.

You lift up quite a bit on your backswing. In these videos you do a pretty good job of getting back "down" by impact, but it introduces an unnecessary timing issue and my guess is that you don't always get it right. When your timing is off you'll probably see some contact issues like fats and thins as your low-point gets sloppy.

...and this... :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

You lift up quite a bit on your backswing. In these videos you do a pretty good job of getting back "down" by impact, but it introduces an unnecessary timing issue and my guess is that you don't always get it right. When your timing is off you'll probably see some contact issues like fats and thins as your low-point gets sloppy. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/109562/] [/URL] ...and this...:-P

Thanks. I see that now. Didn't even notice it. Got to watch out for vvs.

• Administrator

...and this...

FWIW I don't care about VVS for recording the golf swing. The golf swing is far more vertical than horizontal. Recording vertically gives you more pixels and thus more resolution of the actual golfer without getting the waste of stuff to the left and right of the golfer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Back to the swing. I see the difference now that it is marked out. And I suppose that is why when I get tired I start to miss hit. I will work on getting rid of that vertical movement.

Back to the swing. I see the difference now that it is marked out. And I suppose that is why when I get tired I start to miss hit. I will work on getting rid of that vertical movement.

How are you planning to work on this @dylan006 you should update your My Swing thread with your plans and the drills you are doing to work on this. That's the point of the My Swing threads, we all share what's working for us, what's not, what pitfalls we've fallen into and what progress we've made.

:beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

F[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/78293/my-swing-dylan006#post_1079668"]How are you planning to work on this @dylan006 you should update your My Swing thread with your plans and the drills you are doing to work on this. That's the point of the My Swing threads, we all share what's working for us, what's not, what pitfalls we've fallen into and what progress we've made. :beer: [/quote] For sure. Thanks so much. I have come from a 19 to a 12 in a year. What I have learnt is. 1. Stabilize your swing. Take away vertical and horizontal movement. 2. Get some rhythm going. Feel your swing and have a fluid moment. 3. Trust your swing. Believe you can make the shot. 4. Hit through the ball. 5. Enjoy each shot. Most important. Live each shot. 6. Set up. Get your lines right. So you give yourself the best chance to hit a good shot.

Nice swing @dylan006 . I would suggest having your right knee flex inward a little more on the backswing. Will help you stay more level, turn more and I think it can also help you get more weight forward on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!