IGNORED

My Swing (chris3putt)

chris3putt
Note: This thread is 3396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I've posted the below videos in the "Get better now" April practice thread, but thought that they warranted inclusion here also, as they highlight the Arm/Pivot sequencing drill Mike has me working on.

And, yeah, I need more work on cupping the right wrist. Change takes time!

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to music while practicing for the first time.

Really pleased with how the swing is progressing, coming more from the inside on the downswing, and the weight is definitely getting more forward at impact. Now to add a ball.................

Couple things.

- Would like to see the hands more forward at address.

- Hips are shifting back too much on the backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Couple things.

- Would like to see the hands more forward at address.

- Hips are shifting back too much on the backswing.

Hi Mike, thanks for your wisdom, as usual.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would making the correct hip turn result in a more "squatted" look to the body posture at A4? From the photos in the hip turn thread, that seems to be the case.

Hi Chris, @sk golf (Stephan at evolvr) has got me working on the same drills that you are currently doing.  Yes, you will feel and look more over the ball at the top of your swing if the left shoulder moves slightly down and round, matching your spine tilt.  I've always struggled with my torso lifting during the backswing and the picture below really sums up what I need to try and achieve.

Good luck with your progress! Matt

Matt

Hi Chris, @sk golf (Stephan at evolvr) has got me working on the same drills that you are currently doing.  Yes, you will feel and look more over the ball at the top of your swing if the left shoulder moves slightly down and round, matching your spine tilt.  I've always struggled with my torso lifting during the backswing and the picture below really sums up what I need to try and achieve.

Good luck with your progress! Matt

Hi Matt, Thanks for your encouragement. Nice to know I'm not the only one who does this.

Mike gave me this exact same picture a while back now - I'm still working to change the picture of my swing to look more like it.

Cheers!

Chris. :beer:

Hi Mike, thanks for your wisdom, as usual.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would making the correct hip turn result in a more "squatted" look to the body posture at A4? From the photos in the hip turn thread, that seems to be the case.

You would have less of an extended or "stretched" look, so yes more "squatted". Like this.

Mike McLoughlin

This may also help.

I'm picking up that the first part is what I'm currently doing, and the drill with the club across the chest is what it should look like. Do you point the club shaft at the ball at the A4 position?

I'm picking up that the first part is what I'm currently doing,

Yes sorry. First swing is what you're doing, too much "stretch" and the left foot rolls back.

and the drill with the club across the chest is what it should look like. Do you point the club shaft at the ball at the A4 position?

From down the line it won't be that steep and from face on it'll be pointed behind the ball like I'm doing. What I'm emphasizing is the left shoulder going down and across and the stick is there in case my right hip slides to the right.

Mike McLoughlin

Yes sorry. First swing is what you're doing, too much "stretch" and the left foot rolls back.

From down the line it won't be that steep and from face on it'll be pointed behind the ball like I'm doing. What I'm emphasizing is the left shoulder going down and across and the stick is there in case my right hip slides to the right.

Great! That clarifies it, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Latest couple of videos. Working on the hip turn and left shoulder during the backswing, and trying to maintain a smooth tempo.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking again at my recent videos, it finally became apparent to me that I hadn't made any real changes to the hip turn since Mike posted the drill for this back in April. :doh: Duh!

So I've been fairly religious in doing the drill as part of the May 5 minute practice challenge, in an attempt to actually change the picture. The below video is a snapshot of the progress so far. Not much, but something................

• 2 weeks later...

Change may actually be happening. I'm encouraged with the DTL view, as it shows the hands/ clubhead are no longer being snatched inside during the takeaway. Am also encouraged by how the swing flattens out (a bit, at least), during transition, and the weight is getting forward more at impact.

Ball contact is improving too.

Keep an eye on that ball and handle position, getting too far back with the hands back.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!