IGNORED

Golf organizations agree on global doping policy

ChiChiIsMe
Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sanctions in new golf anti-doping policy would have worldwide repercussions Associated Press PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Golf finally joined other major sports Thursday when its leading organizations announced an anti-doping policy that will begin in 2008. PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem, who also serves as chairman of the World Golf Foundation, said the policy includes a list of banned substances, and methods for each golf organization to carry them out. The list of banned substances includes anabolic agents, hormones, stimulants, narcotics, beta blockers and masking agents. Golf did not adopt the World Anti-Doping Association list because Finchem said it would cause an additional administrative burden and "we do not consider the substances in any way impactful as a performance enhancement." The organizations behind the drug policy are the PGA Tour, European Tour, U.S. Golf Association, Royal & Ancient Golf Club, Augusta National Golf Club, PGA of America and the LPGA Tour. Finchem said the policy would be coordinated around the world, and that if a player is disciplined for violating the policy, such as suspension, that would be recognized by tours wherever he plays. The LPGA Tour announced last November that it would begin testing next year, then it spent the next 12 months formulating a list of banned substances, testing protocol and punishment for any positive tests. Finchem and others have said there is no evidence of golfers taking performance-enhancing drugs, although golf leaders have come under increasing pressure to develop a policy. "I've said many times, the R&A; has no reason to believe that golf is anything but a clean sport," R&A; chief executive Peter Dawson said. "But we've been supportive of coordinating an international effort in golf to test for drugs so we can demonstrate our sport is clean and we can keep it that way."

Swiped from:

http://espn.go.com/
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

That's pathetic. Completely unneccessary, IMO. It's been debated on here so no reason to get into it again.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

golf is a game of honor. and it really doesn't do too much to hit the ball 400 yards if you cant chip or putt

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Sounds like a good idea to me. If no one is using anything, then they don't have anything to worry about.

At least golf won't have to worry about having someone pull a Barry Bonds and use drugs to help them get some kind of new record.

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

At least golf won't have to worry about having someone pull a Barry Bonds and use drugs to help them get some kind of new record.

I want to argue with this, but it will be pointless and just be beating a dead horse.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Aren't beta blockers what's used to keep high blood pressure under control?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
Aren't beta blockers what's used to keep high blood pressure under control?

That's one of their uses, yes. Shaun Micheel has low testosterone and takes a pill or something for it - he'll likely be granted a TUE (technical usage exception, I think) so he can continue taking it.

Nick Price was on beta blockers a long time ago (on a prescription for a heart condition), but said it hurt his golf game, not help it. Anyway, I'm glad to see the policy in place. If golfers have nothing to worry about, that's great. But now golfers coming up through the ranks have fair warning AND not having the policy would allow for rampant speculation. Having a policy ends that (or should, anyway). And Barry Bonds has eluded "capture" thus far, so that's a pretty silly statement to make. His chemists have stayed ahead of the testing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

golf is a game of honor. and it really doesn't do too much to hit the ball 400 yards if you cant chip or putt

So what? everyone on the tour CAN chip and putt. And booming it 400 yards will help everyone on the tour.

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!