IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

• Administrator

Yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Round and outside practice rained out. Will do video next time. Few notes:

1. Arms unified, in front of chest and hang low. Especially left arm should hug the chest softly (actually a good feel to maintain throughout the swing).

2. Let chest 'drop' to the ground with NO pressure on shaft or club. This will be ultra important and ensuring club mass will get completely behind with FULL shoulder rotation at A4 and STAY behind at transition.

3. Keep shoulder plane steep. Take away should begin with left shoulder pushing 'beneath' right shoulder. This will get shaft vertical at A3.

4. Also no funny business with hands or lifting till A3

5. Did I say keep chest 'dropped' down! You lift, you dead.

4. Feel FULL left rib and left arm stretch at A4. Hands pushed away up and back.

5. Keep arms to body and turn through. If done right, club will want to rollover post impact.

Extra credit for a 'patient' turn through..😊

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• 4 weeks later...

Feels that worked well on course. 

1. Left hand/arm goes along for a ride in the BS. 

2. Vertical (-ish) turn/flow of shoulders, arms and club. Horizontal element leads to pushes and pulls. Especially driver. 

Vishal S.

• 1 month later...

Poor putting and botched long irons has till the scoring still in the doldrums, but had a good driver outing yesterday. 8/14 FIRs. 

Focus on width and turn (left rib stretch) at A4, soft 'stretchy' left hand/arm. Feel is more of 'carry' the club to A4 then Doing well on being 'patient' through DS and impact. Less jumpy. 

Can I here someone to putt for me? lol. Had being doing great with distance control but had hard time adjusting to speed yesterday and missed bunch of 3-4 foot comebackers. Whatever... not too concerned/focused on the putting at the moment. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Check your acceleration profile. It might not be just "can't adjust to the speed."

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Check your acceleration profile. It might not be just "can't adjust to the speed."

Yes, felt like I was guiding the ball. Need to get back to popping it a tad. Will get butchered on RNK greens with this stroke. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, felt like I was guiding the ball. Need to get back to popping it a tad. Will get butchered on RNK greens with this stroke. 

Sure. But putting is easy to fix.

I want to see some W-I-D-T-H in like ten days.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

No warm up.. 

No width?

C’mon Vishal. You can do this. No reason to have that right elbow bending that much.

No reason for the club to go back anywhere near that far.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

No width?

C’mon Vishal. You can do this. No reason to have that right elbow bending that much.

No reason for the club to go back anywhere near that far.

Will keep at it. Obviously what I'm feeling ain't real.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Will keep at it. Obviously what I'm feeling ain't real.

You know better. So do better.

</toughlove>

Managed to get one of two drills recorded before skies opened up. Letting my back completely open up to target to get a good turn and pushing out club away from me to get width.

Pushing club away can be better for sure.

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Better!

• 2 months later...

I noticed last night during my width drill that if I feel turning 'into' my trail ankle from A1 to A2 allowing my lead knee to break a bit, A4 feels stretched out but  also stable/stacked. From here I feel like I can just go.

Also, making sure left arm and hand stays 'dropped', soft and unloaded as much as possible. 

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

A quick check after work today. Trying to feel a full torso turn while keeping incline. 

No flip flops?! That’s bold to swing with a driver inside! You are definitely more man than I am :-)

I wish my hips opened up at impact like yours. Keep up the good work

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny