IGNORED

Anyone into yoga?

papervoid
Note: This thread is 3375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Corpse pose is strenghtening? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/112013/] [/URL]

I laughed pretty hard when I saw this.. I like your sense of humor!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like watching girls do it. Does that count?

She said to hold out for a count of five. I only lasted to three - guess I need to work on my stamina and mind control as well. :8):-P

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started Yoga 4 weeks ago. Started mainly to increase my flexibility and my core strength. However, I now realise that if you really commit to executing the moves properly with the correct breathing it's actually a full body toning and flexibility workout. The relaxation breathing exercises to start and finish are a serious bonus too. Discussed with the instructor about sorting out a golf specific routine to practice at home in between lessons.
  • Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR Driver 9.5* (Loft Down!:-P) :ping: i20 3 Wood 15* :tmade: Jetspeed 3 Hybrid 19* :tmade: Jetspeed 4 Hybrid 22* :mizuno: JPX-EZ Forged 5 - GW SCOR SW & LW :ping: O-Blade putter

There are actually you tub web sites that offer free yoga video and instruction.

Plus there is a site for yoga beginners that explains yoga from A to Z and shows the various yoga poses.

So if one wants to learn and exercise with yoga there is really no reason why they cannot.

And there are even specific yoga exercises for those with high pressure and might get a little woozy from some of the yoga poses where the head is below the heart.

So just skip those and do the one's that you can.

Just to interject a few comments made by expert, Mr. Iyengar, RIP.  Especially if age greater than 30, take it slow with inversions.  Do not attempt headstand unless you can do the 'plow' pose for 5 minutes.  Experienced teachers want you to learn your limits of today and find challenge and satisfaction in extending those limits. Don't get hurt.  If  you have any cardio, high blood pressure or capillary problems, inversions can cause you trouble.

Inversions generally considered as body up-side down. Examples: the plow, shoulder stand, head stand, hand stand, the wheel and such where the head is below the heart and the blood may rush to the head.

I've been looking at getting into it over the last couple of weeks. I've seen some yoga routines for golf. But, I'm looking for like an intro to yoga or help on knowing where to start. What is the best to subscribe to on youtube or what are some good videos to get a hold of. I know with workouts I've done in the past specific workouts were great, such as workout specific for the sport. Cardio for Golf, Yoga for Golf, Weight Training for Golf. Would this be the case with yoga to help with swing flexibility or is any kind of yoga good for this?

Note: This thread is 3375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!